Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Schtop grate near security possible changes? Issue Tools
issueid=407 11-07-2012 05:24 AM
Nade Whore
Schtop grate near security possible changes?

I've been in contact with the map maker of Schtop. He has the ability to update this map still and while I was discussing a couple issues with the map that could be addressed, we started talking about the grate near security.

Currently, it's pretty difficult to throw the flag through this grate, not to mention while being chased by an enemy.

He thought of changing the grate into lasers so it can be thrown through more easily.

Also, we discussed the possibility of how the lasers could be taken down with security and players can then utilize those 2 ramps directly below the grate to gain an extra (albeit difficult) way into the flag room using a double jump at a high speed.

Share your thoughts on this issue!
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Mapping
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 2.1
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-07-2012 05:27 AM

Honestly I think people might not take to the idea of it being an entrance to well.

But I say heck yes please. Imo that'd be a pretty refreshing change to the map for both the solly playing there and for the O team. Awesome idea I think.
11-07-2012 07:06 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

The dev team has been looking for the map maker and the vmf for ages. Call squeek and tell him you found her/him?
11-07-2012 11:59 PM
Nade Whore

He's already posted in the other schtop thread.
11-08-2012 12:20 AM

Homie brought up a good point. Having the the grate open might make spamming the solly to easy. It's possible in plenty of spots to stay out of sight while priming a nade to throw at defenders. But the grate would be pretty bad, the soldier wouldn't be able to do much about it. It provides a non interactive spam spot. Now it would only be a couple nades in the worst case scenario against the O medics. Which wouldn't be to bad, but it's still pretty bad design imo. And if for some reason the teams running an O demo it would be rather easy to just spam the shit out of that spot with pipes, a mirv, and a couple nades.

Something to think about.
11-08-2012 12:38 AM
Nade Whore

Well the spot is up pretty high so aiming a nade to hit just at the right spot might be more difficult than one would think since there is a ledge where the bag is that wraps around that room. While throwing a grenade up there is possible, it is possible to do so right now, while more difficult to do than thrown through lasers.

Also, exiting through this hole wouldn't be that difficult for defenders to deal with if they see someone running that direction. They'd just be watching that spot and the normal laser entrance from outside the FR.
11-08-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
Well the spot is up pretty high so aiming a nade to hit just at the right spot might be more difficult than one would think since there is a ledge where the bag is that wraps around that room. While throwing a grenade up there is possible, it is possible to do so right now, while more difficult to do than thrown through lasers.

Also, exiting through this hole wouldn't be that difficult for defenders to deal with if they see someone running that direction. They'd just be watching that spot and the normal laser entrance from outside the FR.
Yeah I don't really think it'd be a big deal but it'd be something to think about. I actually think getting nades in there from the catwalk would be pretty easy. But Idk.

I still like the idea.
11-09-2012 03:04 AM
#FF.Pickup Dictator

removing the grate would be bad, i already have ideas of how i'd abuse it.

but not sharing so that i can do them >:D
11-09-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtric
removing the grate would be bad, i already have ideas of how i'd abuse it.

but not sharing so that i can do them >:D
rampslide front door to right side (engineer spawn), bhop into supertrimping up to window

ez

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue