Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Increase flamethrower's spread (visual only)! Issue Tools
issueid=97 01-28-2009 11:51 AM
Scripting Trainee
Increase flamethrower's spread (visual only)!
Smokescreens are impossible without the large flamethrower's visual spread

As a pyro, I could get from one side of a map to the other against three snipers. Know how? Smokescreen. Jump all over, bunnyhop, run zigzags, do whatever, entire time shooting flamethrower towards the snipers. It's not exactly easy to shoot something running all over, but its REALLY hard if you dont have a clear visual of the runner. The flamethrower was obtrusive, causing the sniper to not have clear aim due to the flames. Nobody complained (at least, not that I have heard or seen of) about the obtrusive flamethrower, but also having a tiny flamethrower spread makes it seem like its a wimpy, failing toy for toddlers. Increase the flamethrower's view back to how it was in 2.1, please!
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version 2.2
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-28-2009 03:58 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

If you try to bhop (forward) and shoot your flamethrower (forward), your bhop is going to look quite funny, seeing as how it's push is gonna make you look like a retard, and you're gonna get shot anyway.
01-28-2009 07:29 PM
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss

the reason it was changed was because it was too obtrusive and annoying to see past when trying to fight a pyro. glad to see that its working :)
01-29-2009 05:58 AM
Gets tickled by FF

no don't change it back please. I like to see what I'm shooting at...
01-29-2009 06:27 PM

I agree, the first time I used it I felt impotent. :(
01-29-2009 07:24 PM

I wonder what you did back in TFC when flames where opaque sprites then xD

Even though I liked being able to block people's vision with flames, people would whine even more about how Pyro is "OP" or "lame" or whatever, so leave it how it is (unless the entire flame is revamped! =D)

Also, the best option against Snipers is fast movement, i.e., grenade + IC jumping up to their faces.
01-30-2009 03:35 AM

In TFC the pyro _was_ impotent. Of course it was my favorite.

The flame screen sniper defense didn't work that well, true.

I haven't yet played a game with the new effect, so I'm not sure how it really feels.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue