Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Location not correct when walking between triggers and back again Issue Tools
issueid=386 04-19-2012 06:00 PM
Gets tickled by FF
Location not correct when walking between triggers and back again

If two location triggers are placed next to one another in front of you

Code:
0 -> ||                             (lol bored)

(0) player 
(->) facing 
(|) location trigger brush
You can walk into the second trigger and load that location but if you never completely leave the first one and walk back you won't pick up the old location because the onEnter event required to update the location isn't fired.

I don't think this is a mapping problem as we should be allowed to butt up the locations. It can happen quite frequency if people are defending around choke points where triggers are likely to be.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category Unknown
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version 2.41
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-20-2012 03:13 PM

can we make location triggers only activated by the player's centre point (rather than the player's "volume")?

as far as i can see that would fix the issues except for if a mapper has location triggers that overlap each other. if we wanted to fix overlapping issues too maybe we could also check whether the player's inside a location trigger whenever onexit is called (and if so call onentry for that one)?
04-20-2012 03:44 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesium
can we make location triggers only activated by the player's centre point (rather than the player's "volume")?

as far as i can see that would fix the issues except for if a mapper has location triggers that overlap each other. if we wanted to fix overlapping issues too maybe we could also check whether the player's inside a location trigger whenever onexit is called (and if so call onentry for that one)?
Basically what I was thinking but don't know how to do this myself.

Cae, my raising this bug is a response from you saying the location triggers in bases aren't there. However they are and it was this bug we were seeing :)

For now I moved the battlements location trigger 32 units back from the windows (outside trigger) But there's many places this can and does happpen
04-23-2012 10:05 AM

guess we need someone who knows stuff.. squeek?!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue