Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

sabotaged dispensors don't kill teammates? Issue Tools
issueid=196 08-21-2009 04:29 PM
sabotaged dispensors don't kill teammates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget
Never seen it happen, but a sabotaged dispenser should damage every team member, not just the engineer who owns it. I've detted a fully stocked dispenser next to a Pyro, and he just flew away unharmed.. D:?
Can anyone confirm?
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Confirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version 2.3
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-21-2009 06:10 PM

If so, so what spies have to much crap now, as in when a engy gets stabbed close to his build and the spy starts to sab it, the engies insta respawn is nerfed he has to wait three to five seconds before he can come back making it impossible to det the build which really pisses me off...I just hope there isnt any more bs like the 1.5 second wait on the non sabbed sg seeing the sabbed sg and killing it like we had in the last update snuck in there on us.
Maybe the reason leaque play is nonexistent now is because the challenge isnt there anymore for offensive players, because the sg fails so quickly now, human nature needs a challenge to be entertaining, otherwise we bore quickly and move onto something else.
Dont give the spy anymore boosts just because you can, the class doesnt need it...thnx Ron
08-21-2009 11:24 PM

Please don't make this a discussion about spy balance. I just want to know if the game is working the way it's supposed to.
08-22-2009 12:34 PM
Banned

Just tested it on Talos server; Fully stocked dispenser, got a team mate to stand on top of it, Spy sabotaged it, my team mate was thrown into the sky but took no damage.
08-22-2009 05:35 PM

oh yea we really need to fix that fast!!! pffftt...
08-22-2009 06:33 PM
Banned

It isn't like Spy gets many chances to det the dispenser near a bunch of the Engy's team mates anyway. It won't change anything. Sheesh, I want to see the Engineer fixed as much as you do, but this is trivial.
08-29-2009 04:22 PM

Does the same happen at the end of the SG explosion if it was sabotaged?
08-29-2009 10:38 PM
Banned

It deals no damage to team mates when the SG explodes.
08-31-2009 04:25 PM

Yeah the code is just dealing 10000 damage to the SG / dispenser at the end of the sabotage, so makes sense why this wouldnt work.

Will need a small rewrite to fix this.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue