Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Dispenser that dispenses grenades. Issue Tools
issueid=225 10-07-2009 10:32 PM
Dispenser that dispenses grenades.

Either a dispenser that automatically regenrates a certian amount of grenades or needs to possibly be upgraded by a demo to start generating grenades. I think it would help increase the team work and make it more enjoyable. But also have the ability to turn off the dispensing for certain maps like Hunted etc.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 10
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-08-2009 01:01 AM
Supa-leet-cap-a-cop

good idea, but all I can think of is spam, spam, spam, spam.
10-08-2009 07:58 AM
G9-

Yup spam is bad enough already as is, no need to make it worse.
10-08-2009 11:34 AM
Title title title title

Grenade bags are enough IMO
10-08-2009 08:46 PM
Nade Whore

Different levels of dispenser? Level 2 dispenses full ammo/cells every minute, level 3 dispenses 1 frag grenade every minute.
10-08-2009 09:14 PM
Bacon haxor

I like this idea! But make the grenades regenerate only as often as regular grenade bags
10-08-2009 11:51 PM

Teams with max engineer class on every map throwing grenades every which way. I don't think it would work. Sure, more nade kills would occur, but more nade spam would occur as a byproduct. It would be a fine idea in certain settings, but it would further hamper play in most cases IMO.
10-10-2009 03:40 PM
WhenNailGrenWillOut?

Not a really good idea because of spam. What we really need is to somehow make the dispenser dispense health.
10-10-2009 04:51 PM
Title title title title

Maybe a little boost of health, since it already gives armor.
10-10-2009 08:46 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

What if the medic could just upgrade the dispenser, and it sprouts wheels and just patrols the base healing any teammate it touches. This includes disguised enemy spies... ha ha ha

OR

When the Demo upgrades it, it turns it into a remote detpack that the engy can det whenever he wants. Yeah!

OR

The scout could upgrade it, and it sprouts wheels and goes and gets the flag for you.

OR

The pyro upgrades it, and it turns into a campfire, complete with smores and hotdogs.
10-10-2009 09:04 PM
Title title title title

Touching a dispenser should remove the concussion effect from players. The dispenser should not have to charge or wait until it can do this again either for the same player or for another player. It should always be able to do it, and in a radius of about 5 ft around the dispenser.
Yeah!
10-10-2009 11:55 PM

i tihnk dispensers should be more like in tf2
10-11-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrots
i tihnk dispensers should be more like in tf2
how so?
10-11-2009 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
how so?
there should be like a beam you can see coming outa the dispenser, and it can heal hp of multipl ppl
10-12-2009 03:44 AM

I think they're fine as is. Put em in a corner, have it stock up, and you can get a gun up in 5 seconds. And it can act as a weapon or blockade in pubs.

People underestimate how useful armor is, for defensive classes (solly/heavy/demo).
10-14-2009 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism
What if the medic could just upgrade the dispenser, and it sprouts wheels and just patrols the base healing any teammate it touches. This includes disguised enemy spies... ha ha ha

OR

When the Demo upgrades it, it turns it into a remote detpack that the engy can det whenever he wants. Yeah!

OR

The scout could upgrade it, and it sprouts wheels and goes and gets the flag for you.

OR

The pyro upgrades it, and it turns into a campfire, complete with smores and hotdogs.
HOLY SHIT THOSE ARE THE BEST IDEAS EVER
10-15-2009 05:15 AM
Who the fuck is this guy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism

OR

OR

OR

Woah. But what if an enemy spy touches it? Then it'd turn into a tesla coil, destroying your team. I dunno about these.
10-15-2009 11:26 AM
Title title title title

I'm pretty sure that partial was joking.
10-15-2009 04:22 PM
QUAD ROCKET

Partial never jokes. He's the most serious person I know.
10-15-2009 07:44 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker
Partial never jokes. He's the most serious person I know.
this
10-16-2009 11:32 AM
Title title title title

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlstriker
Sarcasm!
THIS!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue