Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

some ideas for ff... Issue Tools
issueid=221 10-03-2009 04:19 PM
some ideas for ff...

well, here are a few ideas i have for FF:

1. change vox back to the female voice/ game option

2. keep the flag radius how it is -- the game is easy enough how it is

3. make rampslides more like tfc, because at the moment you dont have to press crouch or anything when you are rampsliding like you do in tfc, and it makes it way too easy. im thinking you make it you can rampslide without pressing anything, but if you rampslide and press crouch at the moment you hit the top edge of the ramp, you get some kind of extra speed boost so that you can still have noobs rampsliding, but you can differentiate between them and pr0s. -- its more fun to have something that only a handful of people can do, makes it more rewarding

4. make the double jumping thing for when you jump onto the tip of a ramp, harder. (trim as i have been told) -- i want there to be more things for pr0s to do to separate them from the noobs

5. make it so you cannot bhop up a ramp, its makes dogging rockets 2ez

6. add achievements like in tf2. i have played tf2, and i really did not like it, but it seems to attract a lot of people. i also asked fellow tfcers if they liked the achievement part of tf2, and they said yes, its the only part worth playing for, so i suggest adding something along the lines of tf2 achievements.

7. advertise via steam asap.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Rejected
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version 2.4
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-03-2009 04:26 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrots
1. change vox back to the female voice
I don't see it happening. But I don't see why an option to change the voice back to it cant be added.

Quote:
2. keep the flag radius how it is -- the game is easy enough how it is
I personally don't have a problem with this - as I think its great now and I don't remember there being talk of changing it back.

Quote:
3. make rampslides more like tfc, because at the moment you dont have to press crouch or anything when you are rampsliding like you do in tfc, and it makes it way too easy. im thinking you make it you can rampslide without pressing anything, but if you rampslide and press crouch at the moment you hit the top edge of the ramp, you get some kind of extra speed boost so that you can still have noobs rampsliding, but you can differentiate between them and pr0s.
I don't see this happening, the crouch thing was removed on purpose. Why do you feel the need to be so much faster than newcomer anyway? Why make it harder for them? Are you starting to get beat more often by a newcomer and its making you rage?

Personally I find newcomers are still getting owned, especially with regards to speed, they are still much slower than "pr0s" as you call us. Why do you want to divide the leagues so much more than they are?

Quote:
4. make the double jumping thing for when you jump onto the tip of a ramp, harder.
I'm not sure I follow what you mean or why you'd want anything harder again.

Quote:
5. make it so you cannot bhop up a ramp
By bunnyhopping up a ramp do you mean trimp? Either way, why not?

Quote:
6. add achievements like in tf2. i have played tf2, and i really did not like it, but it seems to attract a lot of people. i also asked fellow tfcers if they liked the achievement part of tf2, and they said yes, its the only part worth playing for, so i suggest adding something along the lines of tf2 achievements.
We plan to add achievements when we're on the orange box engine cause on the ep1 engine there are no achievements.

Quote:
7. advertise via steam asap.
We will when we believe the time is right.
10-03-2009 04:28 PM
Gets tickled by FF

I've put my old reply down here - but many of my questions still apply
10-03-2009 04:28 PM
crystaLcity

LAWL pros
10-03-2009 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmo
Personally I find newcomers are still getting owned, especially with regards to speed, they are still much slower than "pr0s" as you call us. Why do you want to divide the leagues so much more than they are?

We plan to add achievements when we're on the orange box engine cause on the ep1 engine there are no achievements.

We will when we believe the time is right.
Wait wait wait wait... WHAT?

Bhop doesn't need to be changed any more. It's perfect as is. Don't fuck with a good thing. It would fuck up an already (relatively) balanced competitive play. I'm not trying to be elitist, but bhopping is no different than shooting better because you've played longer. It adds character and leads up to more advanced movement.

Achievements? pffff. Play the game for the game. Not to get up your LOL ACHIEVEMENT SCORE.

and finally, WHAT THE FUCK? you're insinuating that you've had the option all along to advertise.
10-03-2009 05:11 PM
Title title title title

New players already get owned pretty badly...
10-03-2009 06:03 PM
Stuff Do-er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostrich_Eggs
Bhop doesn't need to be changed any more. It's perfect as is. Don't fuck with a good thing. It would fuck up an already (relatively) balanced competitive play. I'm not trying to be elitist, but bhopping is no different than shooting better because you've played longer. It adds character and leads up to more advanced movement.
Don't know where you got this from. Bhop isn't being changed, and nothing Elmo posted said otherwise.

Quote:
Achievements? pffff. Play the game for the game. Not to get up your LOL ACHIEVEMENT SCORE.
We haven't come to a conclusion (or really even started the discussion yet) on achievements.

Quote:
and finally, WHAT THE FUCK? you're insinuating that you've had the option all along to advertise.
We kind of have. It's a complicated issue, and has to do with our "keeping power" of new players. The initial release and version 2.1 had 1000s of players, but the numbers died down after a week or so. We want to make sure the next time we have that many players, we can keep some of them.
10-03-2009 06:21 PM
Gets tickled by FF

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek.
Don't know where you got this from. Bhop isn't being changed, and nothing Elmo posted said otherwise.

We haven't come to a conclusion (or really even started the discussion yet) on achievements.

We kind of have. It's a complicated issue, and has to do with our "keeping power" of new players. The initial release and version 2.1 had 1000s of players, but the numbers died down after a week or so. We want to make sure the next time we have that many players, we can keep some of them.
TY squeek

I didn't know there wasn't a conclusion drawn, just presumed we were going to, it had been discussed to a degree. But I know if they were to come in then it'd be a while yet anyway. Its not a priority that's for sure.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue