Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Dropdown map ideas Issue Tools
issueid=176 06-07-2009 05:09 PM
Slayer of humans
Dropdown map ideas
Blow up the generator 5 times you can't repair it, blow up more walls for access

Been having a fun time on that map killing the generator, but I think there should be more of a reason for the defense to defend the generator cause they can repair it so fast.

If you blow it up 5 times it should be unrepairable after that. But those 5 times would have to be after its been repaired.

Also after each time its blown up the time to repair it should increase. Including how many times you have to hit it to fix it.

The back route should have to be blown open. Its just too easy to come in via water, then up the ladder and over to the generator area. Maybe have a blockage or something where you have to drop a demo pack down the ladder area to blow it open. But it shouldn't be able to be blown from the bottom.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Mapping
Status Rejected
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-07-2009 11:59 PM
get off my lawn

Breaking the generator permanently seems iffy, what about a sixty second wait before it can be repaired?

That would really put emphasis on defending the area before it gets destroyed instead of ignoring it until after and taking five seconds to fix.
06-08-2009 02:39 AM
Slayer of humans

I thought it was suppose to have a 60 second limit on it now. If breaking it for good is iffy, then what about it staying off for 2 minutes at a time.

And/or maybe have it take 200 to 300 cells to fix.
06-09-2009 05:55 PM
Time Lord, Doctor

What does the generator even help? The sec button is all that you need to worry about.
06-09-2009 08:35 PM
get off my lawn

generator shuts down the lasers. easy access to the flagroom, great way to take out sgs, or for a spy to wreak havoc in general.

Is there a 60 second cooldown? Maybe so, it just seems its too easy to fix the generator, almost not worth the trouble of taking it out.

Increase the cooldown, and requiring multiple trips to repair would be good.
06-10-2009 01:20 AM
Time Lord, Doctor

Its not worth the trip of 2 detpacks either imo.

Would rather it capable of pipes + grenades but maybe not mirvs that can damage it.

Also a separate hud icon on the gen status would be appreciated as well. (assuming the gens even stay).
06-11-2009 04:03 AM
Slayer of humans

There is suppose to be a 60second timer till you can fix the gen but it doesn't work after the first time. I've blown it and 10 or so seconds later its back up.
06-13-2009 04:38 PM
y halo thar

Make it a bit easier to see in to enemy bases from battlements.

Make the water brighter.
06-14-2009 04:32 PM

Unless the map has serious problems, any major changes to dropdown will be made by sh4x, and he's retired atm. If the generator doesn't function as it should, please make a bug report.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue