Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Bug

Remove #class_helps Issue Tools
issueid=207 09-14-2009 07:25 PM
Remove #class_helps

#ff_help_scout, ff_help_sniper, etc. They're just used to grief now, and if anyone really needs help such as "scouts are used for offense with their quick speed and blah blah", anybody else can just tell them.
Issue Details
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version 2.3
Fixed Version 2.42
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-14-2009 08:43 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

Private button.
09-14-2009 08:55 PM
Banned

sm_ban
09-15-2009 11:18 AM
Title title title title

Why not just put them in the UI, and they only show up when you mouse over the classes in the class selection screen ?
09-20-2009 10:17 AM

I agree these message should be removed or at least made so that they are private to the user invoking the #ff_help_* command. Seen several occasions where people thought it was funny to spam the #ff_help_* command in the chat making it impossible for others to play.

I think at least it should be impossible to send something like this to the chat: "#ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic #ff_help_medic" which would cause a huge chat message to appear filling nearly one quarter of the screen on 1920x1080 :(
09-20-2009 03:09 PM

I think, not 100% sure but I think there is a line in the server.cfg that allows you to control how much text is allowed to be spewed forth from one individual.
09-20-2009 06:50 PM

Might be, but yet still I believe that in converting the #ff_help* command should only be converted to the help text ones, instead of infinitively within one line. This would help a lot already. Next to that I don't see any real use to having this feature being publicly available anyway. As mentioned, I'd prefer to have the text visible to the person invoking the help only, rather then sending it to everyone on a server.
09-20-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
I think, not 100% sure but I think there is a line in the server.cfg that allows you to control how much text is allowed to be spewed forth from one individual.
I'm pretty sure the #FF_HELP_CLASS commands are client-side when you see them in normal chat. If you say #FF_HELP_MEDIC 3 times - the server only registers that as 44 characters (for medic, the seemingly most spammed one), but people see a few hundred popping up on their screen.

And it should be removed by default, instead of "oh, then change it if you don't like it".
09-20-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynian
I'm pretty sure the #FF_HELP_CLASS commands are client-side when you see them in normal chat. If you say #FF_HELP_MEDIC 3 times - the server only registers that as 44 characters (for medic, the seemingly most spammed one), but people see a few hundred popping up on their screen.
yeah, that makes since.
09-21-2009 11:40 AM
Title title title title

Last night on the talos server with partial...
09-21-2009 05:08 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibz
Last night on the talos server with partial...
don't forget yourself ;)
09-23-2009 10:35 PM
Stuff Do-er

Fixed in the next version.
09-24-2009 11:24 AM
Title title title title

Sweet
Edit: When2.5WillOut!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue