Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Demo naming and Autodemo support Issue Tools
issueid=143 03-24-2009 08:47 PM
Pub Allstar!
Demo naming and Autodemo support
Dynamic demo naming to support Autorecord feature

Feture request: autorecord command that begins recording a demo named demoxxxx where xxxx is an incremental value +1.

Basically the effect is to have a command that will record a named demo0001, once stopped and reactivated the name will change to demo0002; etc. This way players can record demos without having to name each one individually.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Accepted
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 15
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-27-2009 04:11 PM

well it can start whenever pm ends, or can start in the beginning if theres no pm in server at that moment i guess.

`mapname, time and date` are the MOST important things to discriminate them from each other.

atm in games which are already using an autorecord feature, i only need to get its time and date noted down, when smth i'd like to record happens..
so i can easily find what i look for.
10-27-2009 06:12 PM
Stuff Do-er

I've formatted it like this:
Quote:
ff-v2_4-20091024-2000-ff_2fort.dem
And I've got the autorecord working when you're in the server and prematch ends, but I need to figure out how to do it when you first connect.
02-23-2012 12:07 PM
Gets tickled by FF

squeek? ^^ Did you do it? lol

I don't even know what's in at the moment but at the very least an autoname would be awesome. so you can just do a 'startDemo' command and it'd have a sensible name.
02-23-2012 08:25 PM
Stuff Do-er

I don't remember. I'll look around to see if I have the code uncommitted somewhere.