Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

locked game mode Issue Tools
issueid=429 06-15-2013 11:31 PM
locked game mode
Revamping prematchtime and making private games more robust

I was thinking something along the lines of sv_lock 1; sv_lockadmin "namehere".
The admin would have options to forcibly move players to teams so we don't have to deal with constant bickering. Only the lockadmin should be able to issue a "startmatch" that basically gives the players 10 seconds before the game begins and can reissue it if the game needs to be restarted. Once the match begins, only the admin can move players so randoms can't come in and ruin the game.

Thoughts?
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category General Game
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2013 11:47 PM

7:43 PM - FDA: it'd be nice to keep randoms out yeah
7:43 PM - FDA: but i think our community is mostly to stupid to handle something like you suggest
7:43 PM - beees: only the admin has to handle it
7:44 PM - beees: only admin can move players around
7:44 PM - FDA: stiffy can barely handle setting PM without someone holding his hand

Edit:
7:46 PM - beees: post a reply :)
7:47 PM - FDA: done
06-16-2013 12:04 AM

It's a great idea tbh. I'm also confused as to why someone who is too lazy to write down the admin commands or can't understand them is an admin.

You would need to implement a way so only the "locked" admin can do things unless he voluntarily transfers power to someone else or leaves the game.
06-17-2013 04:46 AM

First off let me start off by saying that against my better judgement I am posting in this topic because Bee's said please. I normally do not just share my valued, respected, and overall very sought out personal opinion on ANYTHING when it's being shared among nay-Sayers and people of cyber space who talk SMACK behind my BACK (First person to reply to this thread cough) . Like I said though it's for the BeeeeeeeePlease. The overall idea/feature at hand does sound like it would be a good one that could trim this fat so to speak that these goats(read below) are packing on to our beloved pickups.

I know that most of the time pickups that I admin have a "dragging" effect when it comes to teams being picked and prematch being cut for live'ness not due to me(the admin), but due to others (humans who are below my level 100 Stormborn) not listening to what I'm saying or to me (level 100 Stormborn>level 9 goatz(other 7 players).

Now yes there are those RARE times(I use this right here < with much enthusiasm to show how well it describes the very odd occasions it happens) that said pickups I'm in charge of get a sort of chug-a-chug-a-chuga-choo-hoo-ooo- start due to nobody but the level 100(me) being a chatty cathy and wanting to know how my fellow subjects days' have gone (because I am a deeply caring and personable admin).

So in conclusion I think that every level 100 Stormborn should be able to have this in their arsenal when they are the admin because unruly and disrespectful pickupers' are ruining the beautiful flow us admins try to uphold and maintain when it comes to the start(utter most important part of events) of a pickup.

I'm not pointing fingers here either, but this FDA guy is just a prime example of somebody who tarnishes these 'flows' by constantly nay-saying and refusing to be a man, use his hand, be a captain, and devise a game winning plan.
06-17-2013 04:58 AM

Stiffy's a turd chuging idiot. Get obliterated. Nerd.

Anyways like I said I think it'd be nice to keep randoms out. And locking teams could solve some mid round shenanigans. But while it might keep pickups running smoother, I still don't feel it will make them start any faster.
06-17-2013 10:07 AM

this should be done.

an idea that i had that takes this a step forward. you are auto locked to spectate unless you know the game password which will be made available in irc. (punch command into console) This is so that if people so want they can freely join and spectate and they wouldn't be able to cause trouble. no more passworded servers and noobs can watch if they want and learn without having to jump through as many hoops. would also have to make spectator voice and chat locked so just spectators can hear it. (they wouldn't be able to hear chatter going on by the teams either.)

im pretty sure all this is possible and i think it would really improve pickups and maybe bring some people that are interested as they'd be able to try them out in a way.

*snippet*
06-17-2013 02:08 PM

I'm sure that the only reason pickup servers are passworded is because it's cheaper to buy them that way. As for spectator voice, I think once alltalk is off, that already happens. Maybe add a cfg that coincides to settings for the startmatch command.
06-17-2013 04:21 PM
#FF.Pickup Dictator

i support this, i also want to be able to force people to captain. give me that command squeek plz
06-18-2013 11:36 PM
internet user

we need somethin like q3 tdm coach essentially
06-21-2013 03:23 PM

Is it possible to add some sort of menu? A menu for whoever has lockadmin would be nice and make it a lot more user-friendly.
07-10-2013 01:57 PM
I like to spam binds

Let me just say that that was a rather eloquent post by our level 100 admin Stiffy.

I'm still working my way up the ladder, I think I"m somerhwere in the 80s.

+1 to this suggestion though. :mrgreen:

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue