Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Projects > Fortress Forever > Feature

Change to pyro flame movement. Issue Tools
issueid=75 01-18-2009 10:20 AM
FF Loremaster
Change to pyro flame movement.
An idea.

Currently the pyros secondary ability is to switch between his IC and flamethrower. While good, it could be better and could improve his movement skills.

My proposal is two fold.

1. Change attack2 when you don't have the flamethrower equipped to switch to the flamethrower.

2. Change attack2 when you do have the flamethrower equipped to shoot flames behind you instead of in front of you. It could also be done from the back of the pyros air canister for fluff reasons.

I feel this alternative movement type would streamline the pyros movement set while giving him a unique secondary attack, something that I think most people want anyway.

It could be done so that attack2 drains ammunition faster or even does slight health damage. I feel this would help streamline the pyro in to an offensive fighting class without fundamentally changing how the class behaves. I also feel this would retain his defensive capabilities, something that may or may not be desirable.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature
Project Fortress Forever
Category Classes (Scout/Engineer/etc)
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Undefined
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-18-2009 04:16 PM
Keep On Keepin' On

Yes. Let's give the already OP Pyro the ability to move even faster than he already can moving forward. Seriously.
01-18-2009 04:40 PM
FF Loremaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism
Yes. Let's give the already OP Pyro the ability to move even faster than he already can moving forward. Seriously.
Is he OP because the 2.1 IC's damage was buffed unintentionally or is he OP because his mechanics are actually solid?

Mainly, the question is, was the pyro OP before 2.1? I don't think so.
01-19-2009 08:57 AM
FF Whiner

Lets just wait and see how the community looks towards the changes the Pyro went throught with the release of 2.2. and then debate on the pyro issue again!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue