Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   I just found a lost dog.... (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=7950)

o_sta_sirtiger 01-17-2007 10:42 PM

I just found a lost dog....

As I was typing on my computer....I easily spotted a huge black dog in my land (thanks to the snow! ;)). So like, he looked like he was hungry and that he was freezing to death. We gave him shelter and all, but I don't know what to do with him right now. I'm possibly going to call the local emergency veterinarians and let them know I have him. He's so funny and cute, very well educated must I say? I would keep him, but there's no space to have him (and I already have a dog), and I also want to do the right thing and return him to his owner. I'm also going to call local shelters and post him around lost-and-found dog foundation websites. Ahh

http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?i...eback02bl2.png

o_unf 01-17-2007 10:45 PM

Cute dog.

I too found a dog recently, I made a post on Craig's List and the lady at the pound saw it and remembered some people asking about a lost dog like that and she got in touch with us.

Happy Ending.

o_docwolfe 01-17-2007 10:46 PM

some are electronically tagged, and mine has a tattoo in his right ear with a serial number on. Might want to check those out at the vet.

o_nuk3m 01-17-2007 11:11 PM

that dog is so cool if i was allowed to have a pet i would adopt that

o_sta_sirtiger 01-18-2007 02:24 AM

I posted around several websites. I hope I find his owner soon.

Decs 01-18-2007 04:41 AM

Oh man, if there was a way i could adopt that dog withput spending $2000 on air fares id do it.

o_uber 01-18-2007 04:52 AM

Who visits Web sites for a lost dog. Go outside and look for the paper postings, you tard (<3). Or make your own. Loser.

o_uber 01-18-2007 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocWolfe
some are electronically tagged, and mine has a tattoo in his right ear with a serial number on. Might want to check those out at the vet.

Do you own a service dog? My brother did, and and his ear was tagged with a tatt.

o_nezumi 01-18-2007 08:37 AM

DAMN I wish I could have pets at my apartment.

o_duffmanhb 01-18-2007 11:41 AM

you should really keep the dog and post up fliers on aroudn the area in hopes his owners find him. Clearly if hes a nice dog, his owners must be good. But then again, why would a dog run out during such a cold time?

Think about it. How would you like to get abandoned during such weather, or thrown into a cold cage at a shelter, or even worse, put to death. I feel really bad for the poor guy

o_qwertyuiop 01-18-2007 04:02 PM

Bring him to your nearest chinese restaurant.

Decs 01-18-2007 04:06 PM

I dont know, is that supposed to be funny or do you just like to protrait yourself as a retard to the rest of the world?

o_uber 01-18-2007 04:07 PM

He's been actively presenting his ignorance recently.

o_mooga 01-18-2007 04:16 PM

I think it's a killer ninja dog which has come to KILL YOU!

...Cute dog though :)

o_qwertyuiop 01-18-2007 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by decs
I dont know, is that supposed to be funny or do you just like to protrait yourself as a retard to the rest of the world?

Calm down man, it was a joke. I am against eating dogs

o_toughsox 01-18-2007 04:22 PM

Responsible owners have their dogs micro-chipped. Its relatively painless, and here in New Jersey, only costs about $40. (they did all 3 of my dogs in front of me.....its simply a needle on the back of the neck..... no different then any other shot they have to get)

As for calling a shelter, if you really like this dog, make sure you inquire if the place is a 'NO KILL" shelter..... not all are and may only give the little guy a week or two to be claimed.

As an owner of 3 black labs, I have to ask you this....you mention he was on your property, which hints that you have the space to keep him. Truth is, if no one claims him, he would be an excellant companion for your current dog.

Just adding my 2 cents....and, if you were close, Id take him to live with ours. :mrgreen:

o_broodingdude 01-18-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughsox
they did all 3 of my dogs in front of me

You really need to find a different vet...

o_uber 01-18-2007 04:33 PM

Is it so terribly wrong to watch your dog get a shot in front of you? Or was this some joke that went horribly wrong? :O

o_|404|innoc-tpf- 01-18-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toughsox
Responsible owners have their dogs micro-chipped. Its relatively painless, and here in New Jersey, only costs about $40. (they did all 3 of my dogs in front of me.....its simply a needle on the back of the neck..... no different then any other shot they have to get)

As for calling a shelter, if you really like this dog, make sure you inquire if the place is a 'NO KILL" shelter..... not all are and may only give the little guy a week or two to be claimed.

As an owner of 3 black labs, I have to ask you this....you mention he was on your property, which hints that you have the space to keep him. Truth is, if no one claims him, he would be an excellant companion for your current dog.

Just adding my 2 cents....and, if you were close, Id take him to live with ours. :mrgreen:

I have a yellow lab. I have told her each time she gets out of the yard to make sure she leaves her collar behind and to run faster next time. She never listens...she pretty much runs around to the front of the house to see if I am there. Stupid dog...

o_broodingdude 01-18-2007 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR
Or was this some joke that went horribly wrong? :O

This one.