Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Re: Does anyone actually like attack/defense (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21177)

gibz 12-03-2009 11:36 AM

Re: Does anyone actually like attack/defense

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop 12-03-2009 03:51 PM

In response to the posts in my thread:

Attack/defense is not fun. Anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong.

Thank you.

Rutabeggar 12-03-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwertyuiop (Post 458943)

Thank you.

Oh noesssss! An authoritative statement masking as an opinion! Oh noooooeeees! Hide the babieeeesss!!!

*Mod EDIT* You just got a warning. Anyone from here on out will get an infraction. This is why I closed the other thread.

[AE] 82694.

[AE] 82694 12-03-2009 04:44 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

Expand on your statement please. Why isn't fun and why would somebody else be wrong for liking? Your opinion means shit to so why am I wrong for liking AvD.

Now on a mod note, I will allow this thread to continue as long as it stays on topic.

MonoXideAtWork 12-03-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Thank you.

I was once told, if you meet an asshole everyday, then I guess you meet alot of assholes.

If you meet 5 assholes everyday, then you're the asshole.

Based on this logic, I'm lead to believe that you are not having fun playing attack and defense, because you are not playing correctly.

qwertyuiop 12-03-2009 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork (Post 458973)
I was once told, if you meet an asshole everyday, then I guess you meet alot of assholes.

If you meet 5 assholes everyday, then you're the asshole.

Based on this logic, I'm lead to believe that you are not having fun playing attack and defense, because you are not playing correctly.

No I think it's probably because it isn't fun.

GenghisTron 12-03-2009 10:08 PM

ITT: Wanna-be trolls. At least Circuitous was convincing :/

As for the thread, I personally think AvD is more fun in pubs. CTF maps usually turn into DM maps, and I just don't find that fun. If I wanted to play team DM, I'd play squeek_dm or just load up HL2:DM. I also dislike pyros and snipers and good snipers just completely ruin maps sometimes.

As for what type of AvD, I prefer round switching, it's kinda lame to watch people stack red team constantly, but on the otherside of the coin, round switching leads to people switching after the round is reset. Pub AvD would be more fun if there was a plugin that auto-enforced even teams.

Hawk Eye 12-03-2009 10:52 PM

tbh I'd much rather have defenders stacked than attackers.

chilledsanity 12-04-2009 11:08 AM

In plenty of maps you won't get a balanced game unless defense IS stacked. FF is tilted in favor of offense compared to TFC.

GenghisTron 12-04-2009 11:11 AM

Yes, but when I mean stacked, I mean stacked beyond comparison. If you've ever played in the TALOS server, and have for a couple hours at a time, you'd find the same people always playing red, and you'd find red team on AvD maps double the score of the blue team. Ask anyone who plays on TALOS a lot... it gets really bad sometimes.

gibz 12-04-2009 11:38 AM

AvD is very fun in pubs because the players can understand exactly what their goals are, and end up all working to complete the same goal.
In CTF, there are two roles that 1 team can play at a time, so players have the choice to play either of them; offense or defense.
In AvD, one team is either playing offense or defense. There is no real choice, unless you change teams.
All of the players on Blue team at the beginning of an AvD map are going to be trying to do (primarily) one thing: bring the flag to the first capture point.
But yes, even in AvD there are going to be players who are just trying to DM everyone they see. Hence it is a public server.
All of the players on Blue team at the beginning of a CTF map are going to have different goals. Some will stay in the base to defend, some will run out to the enemy base trying to get the flag, some will just DM everyone they see.
AvD is ideal for public servers. While yes, there are times when one team will constantly fail in a map, but that happens in any game mode. Shit happens.

Icculus 12-12-2009 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisTron (Post 459024)
Yes, but when I mean stacked, I mean stacked beyond comparison. If you've ever played in the TALOS server, and have for a couple hours at a time, you'd find the same people always playing red, and you'd find red team on AvD maps double the score of the blue team. Ask anyone who plays on TALOS a lot... it gets really bad sometimes.

QFT (says the person who always picks red)

GenghisTron 12-12-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icculus (Post 459758)
QFT (says the person who always picks red)

8):mrgreen:

traxamillion 12-12-2009 03:44 PM

too many nades in attack/defend

Credge 12-12-2009 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traxamillion (Post 459762)
too many nades in attack/defend

Well won't you be in for a surprise.

Hype 12-12-2009 05:27 PM

not me. =]