Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Chat (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   RIP Soldier... (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=8173)

o_zsilver_fox 02-02-2007 12:15 AM

RIP Soldier...

Yesterday, a soldier from my town was killed in Iraq by an IED. He had a younger sister in highschool, and was well known in our small community.

RIP SPC Steven Shannon. He served alongside my brother.

o_uber 02-02-2007 12:17 AM

My condolences goes out his family, and all those who have risked life and limb to serve and protect their country with true patriotism and vigor.

o_backstaber 02-02-2007 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR
My condolences goes out his family, and all those who have risked life and limb to serve and protect their country with true patriotism and vigor.

May he rest in peace. Amen.

o_sta_sirtiger 02-02-2007 12:25 AM

My condolences to his American family. We will soon defeat the war on the terrorist, I have faith in our powerful country and in God. Long live the U.S. and its goals for a better world.

o_deadly furby 02-02-2007 12:28 AM

No one ever gives it a second thought until it hits home.

o_lithium 02-02-2007 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR

o_zsilver_fox 02-02-2007 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly Furby
No one ever gives it a second thought until it hits home.

Very true :(. Our PE teacher, a huge tough guy, just about cried and went home to be with his son, who's going back to Iraq.

o_jinx 02-02-2007 01:44 AM

http://cryotank.net/forum/images/smiles/jxsadness.gif

o_theres *nothing* here 02-02-2007 01:55 AM

My condolences go out to him and his family, and to all those that risk life and limb, as fodder for a useless cause.

I salute all those who have lost their lives, and those who will in the future. I honestly hope that their deaths might actually amount to something more than what my leftist mind can comprehend.

o_backstaber 02-02-2007 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theres *nothing* here
as fodder for a useless cause.

Yeah, because spreading freedom and liberty is a useless cause and not worth fighting for, isn't it?

o_yomamashouse 02-02-2007 02:25 AM

I would say what they are being forced to do falls short of fighting for Freedom and Liberty. It certainly isn't your freedom they fight for, maybe the Middle Easterners but even then the war has caused as many problems as it has solved over there.

o_backstaber 02-02-2007 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoMamasHouse
I would say what they are being forced to do falls short of fighting for Freedom and Liberty.

I bet our soldiers would beg to differ with that statement there buddy.

Quote:

It certainly isn't your freedom they fight for, maybe the Middle Easterners
So because they aren't living within the US, they aren't entitled to the fundamental values of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness? Give me a break.

Quote:

but even then the war has caused as many problems as it has solved over there.
Or maybe it's magnifying previously unknown problems that were under rocks that are now being uncovered to finally be dealt with.

o_yomamashouse 02-02-2007 02:43 AM

I think they are entitled to freedom but you must understand the degree of freedom your soldiers have brought them doesn't seem to negate the thousands of deaths suffered by your soldiers and by innocent civilians. Do you think the current state in Iraq is worth everything that has been lost?

Circuitous 02-02-2007 02:43 AM

Gee, didn't see this coming at all.

o_yomamashouse 02-02-2007 02:44 AM

Do I detect sarcasm Circ?.... No it was just my imagination I guess.

o_|404|innoc-tpf- 02-02-2007 02:46 AM

YMH, I think it's appropriate for you to offer condolences or shut up and make your own thread. Crapping in one like this is wrong.

I'm sorry to hear about the death Silver Fox. Each death is heartbreaking. God Bless them all.

o_yomamashouse 02-02-2007 02:50 AM

I am of course sorry to hear about this most unfortunate event, Don't you have brother over there Z? I thought someone on here did.

o_jinx 02-02-2007 02:52 AM

Let's not get into this political debate in this thread.

Our soldiers are doing the job that has been given to them, and under the worst possible circumstances. The larger political and strategic issues are up for debate (elsewhere, please), but that our soldiers are good, brave people doing a very dangerous job for their country is not.

o_backstaber 02-02-2007 03:02 AM

I'll stop out of respect for this mans memory. I also request that there be no further political debates within this thread also out of respect.

God Bless him.

o_zencheetah 02-02-2007 03:54 AM

War kills, instead of feeling bad for the one that died in your town, feel bad for all of them equally who have died defending our country in this bullshit war.

Just because it was in your town doesn't make it different.

But again. War kills.