Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tips and Tutorials (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   scripts (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20682)

zE 09-17-2009 11:30 PM

spy script

Im not sure, if this is the right place to post about this, if its the wrong place plz some admin move it : )
Anyway i need a better spy script cuse my sucks.
bind v "+solly"
alias +solly "disguise enemy soldier"
alias -solly "bind v +engy"
alias +engy "disguise enemy engineer"
alias -engy "bind v +demo"
alias +demo "disguise enemy demoman"
alias -demo "bind v +hw"
alias +hw "disguise enemy hwguy"
alias -hw "bind v +solly"
I wanted something like automatic disguise when u start to move instead pressing a key for it, and the ability to know what weapon im using as disguised spy :< and ah a key to start sab the sentry instead going trought menu :<

Dr.Satan 09-18-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =AS= zE (Post 450568)
I wanted something like automatic disguise when u start to move instead pressing a key for it

Do you want this always!? I can get you something like that...but I don't think your really gonna want that all the time. Lemme know tho.

Quote:

and the ability to know what weapon im using as disguised spy :<

I would wait on that if I were you.

Quote:

and ah a key to start sab the sentry instead going trought menu :<

This will give you just that:
Code:

bind <key> "sentrysabotage"
Replace <key> with whatever key you want, so if you want 'c' to be the key then the script would be:

Code:

bind c "sentrysabotage"
But this is the script I use for sabotage:
Code:

//    --------
//---- Sabotage ----
//    --------

alias sab_1 "sentrysabotage"
alias sab_2 "dispensersabotage"

alias sabsg "sab_1; wait; default; wait; speak vox/female/s.g."
alias sabdis "sab_2; wait; default; wait; speak vox/female/dispenser"
alias sabboth "sab_1; wait; sab_2; wait; default; wait; speak vox/female/both"

alias sabmenu "bind 1 sabsg; wait; echo 1) Sabotage SG; wait; bind 2 sabdis; wait; echo 2) Sabotage Dispenser; wait; bind 3 sabboth; wait; echo 3) Sabotage Both; wait; bind 0 default; wait; echo 0) Defaults"

bind ctrl "sabmenu"

//    -------
//---- Default ----
//    -------
alias d_1 "wait;bind 1 slot1"
alias d_2 "wait;bind 2 slot2"
alias d_3 "wait;bind 3 slot3"
alias default "wait;d_1;wait;d_2;wait;d_3"

How to use:
  • hitting ctrl re-binds your 1,2,3, and 0 keys to the aliases and echo's the binds to console (so if you forget what key does what, hit ~ and it'll tell you in there)
  • 1 is bound to activate all sg sabotages, 2 for disp, 3 for both, and 0 resets the keys back to change weapons
  • pressing the key (1,2,3, or 0) will rebind your keys. So if you sab the sg you don't have to worry about hitting 1 for cbar and not getting it.

Edit: Also I moved this to the tips and tutorial section.

PartialSchism 09-18-2009 12:14 AM

I did this one awhile back... dunno if you'll like it or not.

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=17247

zE 09-18-2009 01:35 AM

"Do you want this always!? I can get you something like that...but I don't think your really gonna want that all the time. Lemme know tho."

Ye i want it all times : ), but not all classes just defensive classes (soldier,ng,demo,hw)

btw where i put that sab script in autoexec or ng.cfg ? ty : )

Dr.Satan 09-18-2009 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by =AS= zE (Post 450583)
btw where i put that sab script in autoexec or ng.cfg ? ty : )

sry, meant to put that but forgot. Copy and paste to your spy.cfg

wrt the other one, I'm not sure you can script a random cycler. But I can get you one that aways makes you like solly or demo or something. Also though with scripting, you can't really code stuff (afaik), so doing something like "if your moving then disguise..." isn't possible. The best I can think of is to bind your +forward key to disguise...but then I can't really see how you would stop it either.

I guess I'm saying, that after thinking about it, that is probably not possible :confused: I'll look into it a bit more, but I'm gonna doubt you'll get it.

I can make you a cycler like I use if you want...that uses 2 buttons (I use mwheelup/dn) to cycle through the classes and then a single button disguises. It's a bit easier to use b/c it has vox so you don't have to clog up the screen.

Or I could do a menu.cfg like the one I just gave you for sabotaging. We could get you a single key to press that would bind your direction keys to pick a class if you wanted (so like up = solly, dn = fatty, left = demo, right = eng) and then re-binds them to movement. Or you number keys or whatever. Might make it a bit easier.

idk mb I'll hit you up on irc or steam and get you set up.