Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Server Administration (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   ADMIN ABUSE (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21552)

Spliffalot 02-25-2010 09:56 PM

ADMIN ABUSE

Ok who here is sick to death of admin abuse? they blatently cheat then take the piss when you say somthing, they need all admin powers removed!! this one is propezz please remove his powers, hes on today, aimboting to fuck shotgun rocket shotgun rocket never missing when you fire at him you reload???? or the gren disapeers??? if you want ff to prosper you need to address this problem, and when this thread ither gets deleated or spamed to death by other liama's, that will prove the problem with small comunity games that try's to go large with the 'in' croud having to much say.

if yo find a bug report it, dont fucking use it!!
if you have admin powers dont abuse them be fair!!
if you contributed to the development dont think that makes you immune to being baned for abusing that position!!

a few rules that has helped a lot of small games become popular, like voyage centery online, and many others with strickt admin rules, btw there millionares now :)

[AE] 82694 02-25-2010 10:16 PM

Well first off we have no control over peoples servers. Second you didn't even mention the person involved.

squeek. 02-25-2010 10:17 PM

Demo? Name of the person? Steam ID? A description of exactly what was happening?

It doesn't help to make vague claims about cheating and then insult the development team for no apparent reason. You won't go far if that's your plan. I can assure you that no member of the development team is abusing their position. Further, it's not even possible for them to. The development team has no special benefits when it comes to playing the game. We don't have any more control over servers than you do. Server admins are assigned by the server owners, not the development team.

Also, what you described isn't even possible as a client-side cheat.

wakka 02-25-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spliffalot (Post 466368)
this one is propezz please remove his powers

He did mention the name, but yes more evidence is required.

Hawk Eye 02-25-2010 11:22 PM

btw- FF is free.

Propezz 02-25-2010 11:26 PM

Well thanks for the compliment but i do not hack or us any bugs to my advantage....... btw wats ur in game name? sock's???

zE 02-25-2010 11:26 PM

He´s admin at my server, Propezz STEAM_0:1:16329960 , he just plays public ff 24/7 like he plays the game a lot, hes a good soldier.
I´m pretty sure he doesnt uses any type of hax, and tbh I see a lot of hax acusations with no fundament i think all good players are called haxors at a certain point : P by new players even I was called a cheater like 10 diferent times and i´m a nub according to pickups standards :P
I never seen him admin abusing vs any players .
zE Palace server policy is against hax or admin abuse of any kind.
So please specify why u say he admin abuses and give us a demo of him haxing : )
We keep all admin actions logs, and all players logs so it will be easy to confirm this if you tell us your ingame name : )
And if your right his admin acess will be reviewd : )

*ps dont lock this thread i dont mind to threat this subjects in here, its kinda good actually to leave it public so all suspections are clarify and to keep server reputation as fair and democratic : )

yfni 02-25-2010 11:35 PM

I dont think he hax. He does call people names when you kill him ;p

but nothing mean spiritted although i did vote kick him once from server which was awesome...

Marxist 02-25-2010 11:35 PM

Quote:

The development team has no special benefits when it comes to playing the game.
except squeeks railgun cheats :confused:

Propezz 02-25-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yfni (Post 466389)
but nothing mean spiritted although i did vote kick him once from server which was awesome...

lol glad i made ur day :/

the_cake 02-25-2010 11:46 PM

sounds like you were lagging and walking in a straight line.

Propezz 02-25-2010 11:49 PM

Hmm i do not do lagging i leave if i start lagging....as u know yfni :)

Bridget 02-26-2010 01:33 AM

I hope this drama doesn't come standard with the expansion of Fortress Forever.

EquilibriuM 02-26-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 466399)
I hope this drama doesn't come standard with the expansion of Fortress Forever.

+1

Scuzzy 02-26-2010 02:47 PM

I wouldn't count on it, you'd be surprised to what lengths the crybabies will go to after they are banned to create drama.

Scuzzy

[AE] 82694 02-26-2010 02:58 PM

I like abusing myself when no one is home.:rolleyes:

wakka 02-26-2010 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 466430)
I wouldn't count on it, you'd be surprised to what lengths the crybabies will go to after they are banned to create drama.

Often due to questionable admin decisions, which is what I feel the main purpose of this thread is.

Mooga 02-26-2010 06:30 PM

Wakka, I recommend you contact Valve directly. Since Valve created the Source engine, they are CLEARLY responsible for random admin on a random server. I would also contact either Microsoft or Linus and explain that servers are running on their operating system in which admins can abuse their rights.

GenghisTron 02-26-2010 07:56 PM

I've seen this a lot. Some noob that can't even spell accuses someone of cheating because this person is good (Only logical explanation is they're cheating AMIRITE?), and they continually insist on it, getting raged, etc. Happened in TALOS the other day, some noob that couldn't spell (He's on the internet, not writing a school paper, why should he try to spell rudimentary words correctly?), and eventually the entire server united against him, and he eventually rage quit.

wakka 02-26-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooga (Post 466454)
Wakka, I recommend you contact Valve directly. Since Valve created the Source engine, they are CLEARLY responsible for random admin on a random server. I would also contact either Microsoft or Linus and explain that servers are running on their operating system in which admins can abuse their rights.

What?