Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Maps (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   ff_tiger, a tiger remake. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=2979)

o_nezumi 10-19-2005 08:45 PM

ff_tiger, a tiger remake.

Are you guys serious? No one is making tiger? It's not in any of the in-progress lists and a search returns nothing. I'm surprised that no one's jumped on this one yet.

I really didn't want to jump on the remake bandwagon, because there's so many original ideas to be made, but I just can't pass this one up. And besides, it just wouldn't be FF without tiger.

Well, if no one else is doing it, I'll remake tiger. I've got some experience with the expansive city 3D skybox, which go great with tiger.
I'll see if I can dig up a decompiler (for map dimensions) an' get in touch with Arne 'cyNic' Lund.

Update edit: I plan on making the map dark, rainy, and foggy. This should decrease visibility to the point where sniping won't be such a problem as it was in the original. I liked sniping in the original, but seriously, if you didn't want to snipe the map became difficult to play.

Mulchman MM 10-19-2005 09:50 PM

I love maps that look good - like tiger. I never really liked playing it, but damn it looked good.

Jiggles 10-19-2005 11:29 PM

Yeah, Sniping was really good on that map :)

o_kam 10-20-2005 12:51 AM

What the fuck is tiger :|
Another obscure map that's only played by yanks?

o_jinx 10-20-2005 12:54 AM

I was never that crazy about tiger tbh, though it was pretty. the gameplay wasn't that hot, though.

wasn't tiger the 'sequel' to totalwar? I'm much rather see totalwar... is someone working on that, I can't remember?

Mulchman MM 10-20-2005 03:02 AM

totalwar was great... when playing w/ a buddy who's on your lan and you're both on the same server but on opposite teams and he holds the enemy respawn open while you just keep tossing blue pipes down the stairs. ah, fun times; the mapper was an idiot though.

o_nezumi 10-20-2005 04:15 AM

Well, the whole reason I'm remaking this map is because it can probably look so pretty, besides it being like the most popular custom TFC map evar (in pubs). I sure hope I can deal with the sniping though.

Update progress: I've decompiled tiger, started on the layout of ff_tiger, then fallen asleep. Just as soon as I find some apropriate music to jam out to, I'll recommence work.

o_jinx 10-20-2005 04:53 AM

you talk like you're gonna have it done sometime tomorrow afternoon :P

o_lithium 10-20-2005 10:59 AM

remake Osaka!!

Mulchman MM 10-20-2005 12:21 PM

god, no

o_fresh 10-20-2005 01:05 PM

god knows i want to break freee!

o_loader 10-20-2005 07:16 PM

rofl!! classic

o_groovyf 10-20-2005 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaMIKazE
What the fuck is tiger :|
Another obscure map that's only played by yanks?

Tiger is a top map! We used to have some ace Community nights on that map at bygames :)

o_sh4x 10-20-2005 10:25 PM

I hate the map name.

o_rp 10-20-2005 10:32 PM

remake gleadheirch (spell?!) :P

o_nezumi 10-21-2005 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx
you talk like you're gonna have it done sometime tomorrow afternoon :P

Maps done.

Nah, I'm just joshn' ya.

The lighthouse I made earlier for ff_harbor is done though. It just took some Ctrl+C and a bit of Ctrl+V.

o_darknight 10-21-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezumi
Well, the whole reason I'm remaking this map is because it can probably look so pretty, besides it being like the most popular custom TFC map evar (in pubs).

Must be an American thing - I've never even seen the map over here...

GL with it though. :S

o_badluck 10-21-2005 07:29 PM

I've seen pictures of tiger remade for CS:S, so it's out there somewhere. But tiger is the best 5v5 map ever. |-ScK-| destroyed everyone on it.

Mulchman MM 10-21-2005 08:25 PM

Yeah, it was fun 5v5. It sucked otherwise because people would go sniper.

o_sh4x 10-21-2005 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
Yeah, it was fun 5v5. It sucked otherwise because people would go sniper.

Do something about it man!

With your leet coding skills you could insert zeros and ones somewhere...

like create a server variable that keeps track of who's bhoping and who's not. If you haven't behopped in say 2 minutes you get banned from the server.