Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sniper looking for a clan! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=12320)

-Xth-AngelDust 10-11-2007 12:09 PM

Sniper looking for a clan!

Hello all,

As there is no recruitment forum I'm forced to have to sell my soul here in the General Discussion forum. If this offends anyone I'm sorry.

I've been playing Fortress based games for many years. Started with QWTF where I played in UK teams such as [SG] [FWD] and the german team [XIth]. From there I moved to Q3F and played for the german team [AGO] and briefly returned to [FWD]. Since the fortress days my only real involvement with gaming is owning and managing a professional gaming team that competed at the highest level all around the world.

I'm a born a bred Sniper. I've only ever played this class to any real level of decency. I'm looking for a team of "older" "experienced" players that are looking to take clan play to a higher level.

Hawk Eye 10-11-2007 01:35 PM

You will first need to talk league play / clan play into the fact that FF is a different game, and that snipers could actually have some use.

Once you get that down, GL, mate! :D

-Xth-AngelDust 10-11-2007 01:52 PM

So it's been decided that FF would take on TFC rules and regs with regards to Clan / League play? When was this decided? :P

mervaka 10-11-2007 02:32 PM

who said that? i think Foxtrick was involved in running a league which is starting from a clean slate. no strategies/classes are banned iirc

-Xth-AngelDust 10-11-2007 02:46 PM

Well that's good to hear then. One of the reasons alot of QWTF'ers never migrated to TFC was because of all the red taped decisions that forced a certain gamestyle, this in turn rendered the Sniper class pretty useless.

Credge 10-11-2007 03:15 PM

IMHO, Highlander rule sets make the sniper amazing, or at least makes good snipers shine. In fact, Highlander makes all good players shine.

Foxtrick 10-11-2007 03:25 PM

I'd advise taking a look at http://ff.pyromaniacs.co.uk and clicking tables and look at participating clans and then pick out some you like the look off then visiting thier irc rooms.

PS. Played my first clan match last night in FF(as a trialee), and I think soldiers have no where near the stopping power they had in TFC, and that isnt a bad thing. Both teams was well skilled and I think there should have been more experimental use of snipers/pyros.

Which brings me to a question I'll make a new thread on :P

-Xth-AngelDust 10-11-2007 03:34 PM

Credge : Where can I find the detail on the Highlander ruleset ?

Foxtrick : Thanks!

Credge 10-11-2007 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Xth-AngelDust
Credge : Where can I find the detail on the Highlander ruleset ?

The highlander ruleset is simple. It's a 9v9 match with one of each class being played. As in:

1 scout
1 soldier
1 sniper
1 spy
1 pyro

etc.

mervaka 10-11-2007 04:22 PM

that sounds ace!

-Xth-AngelDust: by the way, do you utilise the sniper's tag ability? its something you should try to use in matches, as its far more useful/powerful than simply blowing him to bits :D

-Xth-AngelDust 10-11-2007 04:50 PM

Credge, thanks alot.

Mervaka : I most certainly do, though not many survive my hits ;)

Skanky Butterpuss 10-11-2007 07:44 PM

yeah aftershok proved in beta testing that shooting people in the leggums and letting them hobble into the enemy base was far more effective defense than just killing them.

bastard :evil:

Boogieman117 10-11-2007 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
yeah aftershok proved in beta testing that shooting people in the leggums and letting them hobble into the enemy base was far more effective defense than just killing them.

bastard :evil:

werd

I did not like Shock's sniping.

Skanky Butterpuss 10-11-2007 08:34 PM

pheesh neither. there was this one time on dustbowl... ahh good times

mervaka 10-12-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Credge, thanks alot.

Mervaka : I most certainly do, though not many survive my hits ;)

trick is not to bother charging! :p

it allows the sniper to be a hell of a lot more mobile too.

BumGravy 10-12-2007 01:55 AM

i dont normally play sniper but wow im gonna go try this now, not killing people but constantly breaking their knees and letting them die a slow hobbling death sounds great fun!

Industrial 10-12-2007 02:12 AM

try clicking the mouse at a reasonable pace to see how fast the sniper rifle can actually shoot uncharged. then aim for their legs/heads :P

most classes are still insta kill headshot right?

Hawk Eye 10-12-2007 04:03 AM

Quote:

So it's been decided that FF would take on TFC rules and regs with regards to Clan / League play? When was this decided? :P

Nonono, only many people get very set in their ways.

-Xth-DevilDog 10-12-2007 08:05 AM

oHO, what is this? You dirty traitor!!

PS Looking for a replacement sniper :P

-Xth-AngelDust 10-12-2007 09:51 AM

haha shut it DevilDog, you deserted me a long while ago ;) *sniff* :cry: