Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Debates & Arguments (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Because I know this will end up here anyway... (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21393)

Credge 01-20-2010 08:33 AM

Because I know this will end up here anyway...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8469367.stm

Discuss.

Bridget 01-20-2010 11:01 AM

ELYSIUM.

PoisonDuckie 01-20-2010 11:28 AM

Well anything to help debunk healthcare reform I suppose.

Scuzzy 01-20-2010 11:53 AM

A multi-decade long democratic seat in one of the most liberal states just got handed to the republicans in a 40 point swing from the start of the election. Will the democrats get the message that maybe even their own people don't want their healthcare solution? I think so. Some are already calling for it to all stop, at least a few of them are listening to the people for a change. They should start doing the right things to solve the problem.

Scuzzy

GenghisTron 01-20-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 462992)
A multi-decade long democratic seat in one of the most liberal states just got handed to the republicans in a 40 point swing from the start of the election. Will the democrats get the message that maybe even their own people don't want their healthcare solution? I think so. Some are already calling for it to all stop, at least a few of them are listening to the people for a change. They should start doing the right things to solve the problem.

Scuzzy

I don't think it's as clear cut as that. Yes, a Republican won a long-time Democrat seat, but if you look deeper you'd realize that Massachusetts residents already have their own version of universal health care, and the 'reform' going through Congress would be worse than what they have. So it's not really a referendum on Obama's presidency, or health care, because it just plain doesn't benefit the people of Massachusetts. Massachusetts is the exception to the rule in the health care debate, you can't conflate this special election with the rest of the country, especially, when like I said, Massachusetts has a completely different circumstance than the rest of the country when it comes to health reform.

stray kitten 01-20-2010 01:36 PM

Quote:

Massachusetts residents already have their own version of universal health care, and the 'reform' going through Congress would be worse than what they have.
You managed, in one statement, to justify scuzzy and the entire "radical" republican base stance on health care.

uBeR 01-20-2010 02:54 PM

Coakley ran one of the worst campaigns in the history of Massachusetts. That anyone is surprised she lost should be surprising in itself.

Scuzzy 01-20-2010 03:27 PM

It surely didn't help, but she pretty much ran things as a liberal does, she was a good example, and the people responded to the truth. It would be nice if liberals ignore the policy issues being the problem too and just believe she didn't get the message out in full. The more people see what liberals want the more they reject them, it would be nice if they keep showing people the real deal in the next few months.

Scuzzy

[AE] 82694 01-20-2010 03:51 PM

Scott Brown for El Presidente.

Impeach Gaybama for being Gack (gay black).

This is my own point of view and in no way should represent The Dev team as a whole.

Credge 01-20-2010 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stray kitten (Post 462998)
You managed, in one statement, to justify scuzzy and the entire "radical" republican base stance on health care.

Yeah, I was thinking about that on the way home actually. Kinda. My line of thought was more along the lines of "So Kennedy was voting for something that his constituents didn't want? Sounds like a pretty terrible dude."

stray kitten 01-20-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Credge (Post 463032)
Yeah, I was thinking about that on the way home actually. Kinda. My line of thought was more along the lines of "So Kennedy was voting for something that his constituents didn't want? Sounds like a pretty terrible dude."

lol nice twist.

GenghisTron 01-20-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stray kitten (Post 462998)

It's the truth, Massachusetts already has 'Romneycare', and the health reform in Congress would diminish what they have. The fact that this truism ostensibly supports the 'radical' Republican agenda doesn't really say much, since the Republicans love to pour money into Medicare but not actual health reform.

Mooga 01-21-2010 12:09 AM

This is shocking because MA is so liberal, I think it might be illegal to be straight. I thought there over the summer and we had some government people talk to our students and they talked about how "Gay rights is the single most important thing of our time!"

Innoc 01-21-2010 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisTron (Post 463077)
It's the truth, Massachusetts already has 'Romneycare', and the health reform in Congress would diminish what they have. The fact that this truism ostensibly supports the 'radical' Republican agenda doesn't really say much, since the Republicans love to pour money into Medicare but not actual health reform.

I think most politicians love to pour money into anything that build either their power base, current reputation or future legacy. It doesn't matter what their party affiliation is... virtually all of them do it. It forces me to believe that the process by which people gain office is horribly compromised. If there's someone whose sincerely after true reform that is Constitutionally compliant they aren't holding office now as far as I can tell. Or maybe what those rare few have to say never gets heard above the roar of fecal matter gushing from the mouths of those in the MSM?

stray kitten 01-21-2010 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GenghisTron (Post 463077)

This quote below can be applied to so many systems, was my point. Insert "they" meaning most of America. Massashesetts is just one of them. Even congress it self won't go for the plan THEY ARE VOTING ON.

Quote:

'reform' going through Congress would be worse than what they have.
The funny thing is when it comes to healthcare reform libs don't want to give up what they already have. Just like that republican base I referred too.

And maybe I am too moderate but I don't know anyone or hear anyone on the 'publican" side that does not bitch and scream about medicare. Just about the only people who support it are the AARP. That liberal president and the liberal congress are sure tossing a bunch of money at it right now.