Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Server/Player Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Boneyard - banned (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=25320)

AbsoluteZero 01-02-2017 09:53 PM

Boneyard - banned

Please un-ban me. I played two games and setting up my stuff and now I am getting banned from the only server with people in it. Maybe I was banned for minimizing to turn off firewall rule that was causing lag. No idea, no warning, just trigger happy with the bans

Connected to 64.94.238.27:27015
Disconnect: STEAM UserID STEAM_0:1:1008821 is banned.

9u-9u-9u 01-03-2017 04:24 AM

i can't help you with your ban but are you a known player? your name has familiarity in tf. there was a clan in tfc called absolute zero. there's a guy named absolute. and there's a guy named zero.

AbsoluteZero 01-06-2017 04:20 AM

Yes, that is me - I was 'masterMAN' for a while when I was younger and switched my name to AZero short for Absolute Zero. I was also on the Decepticons and before that Corpse Squadron. I been playing since before steam came out, but my ID is a little higher because I was not super pumped about switching over to steam. I also did not know they were incrementing the IDs and lower ones would be such a big deal at the time. I have always had the same ID and never cheated on this or any ID. Elwood, Riddler, Alphatronics all know me in person. I also participated in one of the last TFC tournaments where they actually had a cash prize and people came out of the woodwork. We got our ass beat in the first round by the winning team, but it was still nice to play again.

I was asked in another server if I was still banned. Yes - I am and I still am not sure why. Maybe someone who has access to the logs could check. I do like the admins on Moto's Funhouse (74.91.114.247:27015) and in their MOTD they do encourage reporting of admin abuse. Everyone I have talked to in voice comms has seemed real nice. It could be that I lagged out because I was still getting the firewall settings right to allow server interactions and that caused some automated ban process to occur (though I have never seen such a process ban steam IDs and have operated several servers myself). I did see another post about someone being banned from the same server and just assumed I got banned for "cheating" or seeming to be too good to just roll back into the game and happen to know how to play. I do hope there is some accountability. Not even mad at all, I get banned often from small community counter strike servers for playing a little too hard when I get in the zone and it is always called "cheating". There is never evidence and it is just guys who are trying to keep the game at a more enjoyable level for them and others. I totally get it and I am happy to use other guns or change play style to make it more balanced and still interesting and challenging for me.

Please unban :D I just want to play FF and sometimes there are people in there playing and it sucks to not be able to play with others. I think after a while I will just remove it from view since that is all I can control by adding all the others to favorites. It is strange that it is such a small community and that seems like the most active server and no admin seems to be available to figure it out. Usually these are pretty quick once it turns up no evidence for active communities, then again this is FF so I am not sure where everything is on recording demos/screenshots and all of that. I also have seen a lot of really good players playing on the other servers, so I am not even entirely convinced I got banned for that unless they are banned from that server too :).

FDA_Approved 01-06-2017 06:23 PM

You may want to find and message Juicey directly on steam. He and the rest of his admins are quite jaded. They assume any new name that comes in and knows how to play is an aliased cheater.

AbsoluteZero 01-19-2017 03:18 AM

Found his username on Steam from someone who was in there playing with him. Asked him to please unban me and I realize it is a private server and is up to those who own it. Really wish people played in more than one server most of the night. Still no reason and no idea who actually banned me. :thumbsdown:

Makes me appreciate automatic matchmaking in newer games. I'll have to get my nostalgia playing an even older game that is also near death, Dark Reign. It is funny how easily it comes back to you.

AbsoluteZero 01-19-2017 10:45 PM

PikE told me he got in touch with JuiceY and my ban was related to:

"real alias "apeZero" Multihack _ tenter"

Thing is my name is AZero not apeZero and I have never installed any multihack or any game hack. I have set sv_cheats to 1 so I could noclip around on my own servers when practicing smoke grenades in counter strike, but that is a server setting. Does anyone know what this message means or what it is supposed to indicate?

Is there some old school setting that I have set that gives me some unfair advantage that I can just set back?

I have a PFsense router that has Snort enabled that has caused me some connectivity issues. Could that have triggered this issue? It certainly was not helping my game play as I had to disable several defensive rule sets to not have it block the gaming servers.

Maybe my hardware info or config will be helpful:

Windows 10 Pro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz
8.00 GB
64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

DirectX runtime version: 11.0

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
Driver version: 342.01
Direct3D API version: 10
CUDA Cores: 216
Graphics clock: 590 MHz
Processor clock: 1296 MHz
Memory data rate: 1998 MHz
Memory interface: 448-bit
Total available graphics ... 4095 MB
Dedicated video memory: 896 MB GDDR3
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3199 MB
Video BIOS version: 62.00.4C.00.08
IRQ: 16
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen2

PC
1920 x 1080 (native)
Refresh rate 120 Hz
Color depth: Highest (32-bit)

3D settings:
Ambient Occlusion - Off
Anisotropic filtering - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - FXAA - Off
Antialiasing - Gamma correction
Antialiasing - Mode - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Setting - Application-controlled
Antialiasing - Transparency - Off
CUDA - GPUs - All
Maximum pre-rendered frames - Use the 3D application setting
Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration - Multiple display performance mode
Power management mode - Adaptive
Preferred refresh rate (Acer HN274H) - Application-controlled
Shader Cache - On
Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample opti... - Off
Texture filtering - negative LOD bias - Allow
Texter filtering - Quality - Quality
TExture filtering - trilinear optimization - On
Threaded optimization - Auto
Triple buffering - Off
Vertical sync - Use 3d application setting

Okay - maybe someone can narrow down what might have triggered this and maybe Juicey can confirm that is indeed the message he found that is related to MY steam id (STEAM_0:1:1008821) that is banned. I am NOT ApeZero.

NeonLight 01-19-2017 11:12 PM

He is just an idiot AZero. I wish you best of luck to be unbanned.

FDA_Approved 01-20-2017 05:40 AM

Yeah that's the thing about juicy. He thinks he's an ace class detective from some erotic novel he read when he was twelve, but he really just reads stuff out of his alphabet soup, and takes it for fact.

I've seen him try to piece together aliases in such a crude fashion before. He's tried to tell us that some korean player is really some american player, because some other american player has aliased as both those other players on multiple occasions.

Just the other day he was accusing prime of being hadez, and good lord who'd ever think prime's play was on that level.

I've personally been banned from that server while playing on a new account. It took me a couple minutes into sunnyramps before juice started to ask me where my cheats came from and told me I "never miss a shot". As it's obvious to most people, I wasn't cheating. And juice never made any attempt to review my plays, spec me, look at my IP, or link me to cheating in any way.

I was simply a name he'd never seen, and knew how to play fortress. And that's boneyard in a nutshell. If they don't know you, but you know fortress, you're banned.

JuiceDD 01-20-2017 06:13 PM

STEAM_0:1:1008821 Unbanned. Dont know who banned you I did Unbann you though ..

FDA stfu dude you dont have a clue what the hell your talking about Nub !
Typical Snowflake ....

AbsoluteZero 01-20-2017 06:33 PM

Juicey unbanned me today and told me who the admin was who did it. It was not some plugin after all.

Anyways, YES I CAN FINALLY PLAY.

If you are granted admin permissions, PLEASE DO NOT BAN BASED ON SKILL LEVEL. Shooting from hip with admin permanent bans is not cool. If you are going to shoot from the hip, PLEASE PUT ON A TIME LIMIT for the ban and specify. Two weeks for playing well is really lame.

Thanks to Juicey for unbanning. I realize not everyone has full access to unban.

Camper 01-25-2017 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AbsoluteZero (Post 511513)
Juicey unbanned me today and told me who the admin was who did it. It was not some plugin after all.

Anyways, YES I CAN FINALLY PLAY.

If you are granted admin permissions, PLEASE DO NOT BAN BASED ON SKILL LEVEL. Shooting from hip with admin permanent bans is not cool. If you are going to shoot from the hip, PLEASE PUT ON A TIME LIMIT for the ban and specify. Two weeks for playing well is really lame.

Thanks to Juicey for unbanning. I realize not everyone has full access to unban.

That explains why I didnt see you for a while there.

AbsoluteZero 01-31-2017 10:18 PM

Keep getting rebanned. Juicey was saying it is his plugins or some linked server that keeps rebanning me. :thumbsdown:

AbsoluteZero 02-05-2017 10:21 PM

I had a supposed Boneyard admin tell me he had some sort of proof I was cheating. I think he might be talking about me setting cl_interp .01 and cl_interp_ratio 1 in my user configuration. These are user preferences that are allowed on most counterstrike servers and are allowed in ESEA league competition. It allows for more accurate model to hit box tracking. I understand that some people may have scripts that change this setting rapidly that give them an advantage, but my settings were constant and I was allowed back in the server after I changed them to cl_interp .1 and cl_interp_ratio 2. Most CStrike servers automatically change the setting and set a minimum so you cannot have as high accuracy because it can cause a processing toll on the server refreshing the hitboxes to what you see on the screen.

I like to be precise. I think this is why people are talking about some logs that I have never seen that some how prove I am a cheater. Here is the forum, post the logs that prove I am a cheater.

Do you know how I know there is no proof? Because I did not cheat! You may have some log of the described above event, but it is not a cheat. Literally anyone can change that setting in their console at any time.

This is what happened:

Erwin Rommel bans me because I am new and he does not believe I can be that good, so he assumes I cheat and I am permanently banned from the server. No video, no proof. He cuts a corner, makes the game more fun for him, I get it and I am not even mad about it.

I post on the forums, as you can see above, to get unbanned understanding that people ban good players all the time for the same assumptions.

Eventually, after playing on Moto's a while, I am told I should reach out to Juicey who subsequently unbans me. I remain unbanned after testing it for a few days and, not while playing, I try to connect one day and find that I am banned again. Juicey is on my friends list at this point and believes it is a linked ban plugin that is sharing ban lists from other servers and I was automatically rebanned. He attempts to disable the plugin and I am unbanned.

Time passes and I see people on Boneyard playing and I join up and I get kicked with a notification of invalid interp settings. I change the settings and join back and did not have a problem with the new default settings, just not what I prefer.

Later, I try to reconnect and I am already banned.

Juicey has since unfriended me and has not responded to my requests and has not told me anything. My guess is the above event was told to him by another admin and he decided not to bother troubleshooting the plugin issue.

Really I think it is the plugin that keeps rebanning from another server where, again no proof exists, some one else or maybe an admin based on word of mouth has banned me as well. The person claiming to be an admin on "every other server other than Moto's" when we were playing said he saw my ban on an East Coast server, I think it is an IP ban because I do not even see it on my list.

Either way this is a false positive. I do not even have all my configurations setup for my classes yet. I tried FF for a while, but my computer just cannot handle some of the maps and I did not feel I could compete at the level I wanted to without new hardware.

I realize it can be guilty until proven innocent on this issue and it is easy to just brush it off and think that there is a chance he hacks and that is good enough for most people, but I encourage the admins to actually review and prove that I was using some sort of hack and to unban me when they get a chance to do so. I know I never have cheated and never will and I get people who just do not want to play with me, but don't say it is hacks when you have no proof and you will not even post the evidence you call proof.

FDA_Approved 02-07-2017 12:34 AM

Yeah dude idk. We had a community scandal that revolved around cl_interpolate a while back, but that specific command is sv_cheat blocked now.

And as far as interp, and interp_ratio, one of those variables is supposed to be broken in the 2006 sdk, so it doesn't do anything anyways.

I don't know what to tell you though, I just went to join that server and was banned myself. I suppose that's what I get for talking about stuff that really happened. Something about fragile little snowflakes.

homie in reboks' 02-07-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Time passes and I see people on Boneyard playing and I join up and I get kicked with a notification of invalid interp settings.
This is all the validation The Boneyard needs to keep your ban permanent. While it's not indicative of cheating, the admins on The Boneyard do not take kindly to anything suspicious.

The best you can do is post here, which you've done, or try to personally contact Juicey, which it seems you'll have to try to do again.

Good luck, but just expect to be spending the majority of your FF time on Moto's server.

AbsoluteZero 02-07-2017 07:23 PM

Let's be clear, they don't need a reason to ban me, they can ban whoever they want whenever they want - it's their server. I am just not wanting them to tarnish my reputation by claiming I was actually cheating. Changing a built in setting that, apparently based on your message, has little or no impact on the game that resulted in a kick is not cheating.

Thanks - I am hoping for the best. No idea who this other admin was, but Juicey was very amicable until he went dark. I understand these guys get busy dealing with problems outside of the game.

JuiceDD 02-10-2017 01:48 PM

I dont have any controll of Other servers running sourcebann that's linked to mine Abs
As far as FDA being banned, I dunno maybe being a total douchebagg to others in my server didnt fly with 1 of my admins ?
Who cares ..
ABsolute I see that you were banned for messing with your interp settings, You will have to talk to Suzy to be Un sourcebanned He controll's all of that ..

As for the rest of you Its a game People
Move out of Mommies basement and get a real life like the rest of us !
Fucking Libtards

-mooney- 02-10-2017 07:52 PM

playing again on your server today, and poof out of nowhere kicked and banned for a second time after playing for 10 mins?! lmao... even with you juicey in the server. Not willing to talk on steam again..

FDA_Approved 02-10-2017 07:54 PM

Yeah I don't come into your server and act like a dick to anyone honestly. The majority of my interaction with this community is spent playing in silence. I'm just not afraid to give a blunt opinion when I see a good opportunity. Calls em like I sees em.

I don't even remember the last time I connected to your server since finding my autoban.

-mooney- 02-11-2017 07:03 PM

turns out im banned for hacking \o/