Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   so i got a new video carddd (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=15337)

!nF3D4L 03-30-2008 09:00 PM

so i got a new video carddd

and i finally played FF and i must say its pretty damn fun, more than i hoped for, i ll be playing instead of tfc from now on i must say

and i also played that tf2 game, its pretty bad

Paft 03-30-2008 09:12 PM

Good for you.

My time soon.

richard nixon 03-30-2008 11:00 PM

I don't see how anyone could say it's bad. It's very casual. Try not to play it with TF/TFC in mind. At first I hated that it had no grenades and the new way of playing attack defend maps, but it's different and still fun and challenging.

I hate the respawn time, but thank god there are servers that have instant and delayed respawn.

I still love FF but I the graphics isn't enough to keep me playing it. For 'true' tf experience I play TFC and for something different/casual I'll play TF2. That is until FF releases newer versions..

!nF3D4L 03-30-2008 11:24 PM

its just not my style its not thats its bad, i just find it boring

betterschindt 03-30-2008 11:43 PM

wow mr nixon, so your one of those guys who buy games based on graphics. nice to meet you, i knew people were superficial, but i never thought id meet one.

tf2 or ff or tfc, i dont care which one you like more, but dont go around knocking the graphics of a mod made by fans of a ten yr old game.

first time playing ff, i was like holy shit, tfc source! nice!
first time playing tf2, i was like whooooa. wtf happened here.
sure graphics are pretty, but id rather have gameplay any day.

Tsukasa 03-31-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betterschindt
wow mr nixon, so your one of those guys who buy games based on graphics. nice to meet you, i knew people were superficial, but i never thought id meet one.

tf2 or ff or tfc, i dont care which one you like more, but dont go around knocking the graphics of a mod made by fans of a ten yr old game.

first time playing ff, i was like holy shit, tfc source! nice!
first time playing tf2, i was like whooooa. wtf happened here.
sure graphics are pretty, but id rather have gameplay any day.

You obviously didn't read what he said. He said the graphics in FF aren't enough to keep him playing the mod, that he would rather play TFC as the gameplay is superior. GG.

tu! 03-31-2008 12:28 AM

i agree w/ nickson about ff models and animations.

Peon 03-31-2008 01:19 AM

Wow.....you gotta' be ONE picky sonofabitch to complain about FF's graphics... I mean, how in THE hell can the animation be any worse than TFC's?!? Maybe that's not what you're saying, but then how is the gameplay worse? Maybe you just only acknowledge greatness in terms of their current, or former popularity? It certainly seems like it...

The funny thing is when these graphics snobs use TF2 as an example of a game with great graphics, which doesn't try to look realistic. It'd be hard to call any Fortress style game/MOD realistic, but you can't knock FF's graphics using a game, that clearly went for a very specific asthetical look to it, as an example of a game that has better ones.

FF's graphics are great in many, many ways....and calling them poor just means you're a prick....especially if you didn't contribute anything towards them.

!nF3D4L 03-31-2008 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peon
Wow.....you gotta' be ONE picky sonofabitch to complain about FF's graphics... I mean, how in THE hell can the animation be any worse than TFC's?!? Maybe that's not what you're saying, but then how is the gameplay worse? Maybe you just only acknowledge greatness in terms of their current, or former popularity? It certainly seems like it...

The funny thing is when these graphics snobs use TF2 as an example of a game with great graphics, which doesn't try to look realistic. It'd be hard to call any Fortress style game/MOD realistic, but you can't knock FF's graphics using a game, that clearly went for a very specific asthetical look to it, as an example of a game that has better ones.

FF's graphics are great in many, many ways....and calling them poor just means you're a prick....especially if you didn't contribute anything towards them.

+1

reaper18 03-31-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !nF3D4L
+1

seconded

greenday5494 03-31-2008 02:39 AM

sure, maybe animations that are MISSING are bad, but the animations themselves are great, but i do wish the single shotty's animations showed a shell going into the barrel, but oh well

oh, and i actually think FF's gameplay is superior to TFC's, espeically the engy

[AE] 82694 03-31-2008 02:59 AM

Glad you made it to FF !nF3D4L.

Mr. Happy 03-31-2008 06:09 PM

Why does every thread have to turn into a bitch fest of bickering about something? Why do people have to focus in on one little statement about TF2 when the whole point of this is that he finnally get's to experience the greatness that is FF?

I think people here need to grow up and stop fighting about every god damn thing, almost every single thread degenerates into an endless nit picking argument of a minor side point.

TF2 has better graphics, that's a fact. The shading algorithims used to light the characters and the world rendering are much more advanced. If you prefer one art style over the other, whoop-dee-do, it's a seperate issue, a personal opinion, one that can't be resolved, and no one cares what you think.

If you prefer one game's gameplay over the other, whoop-de-doo, no one cares.

Quote:

Originally Posted by [AE] 82694
Glad you made it to FF !nF3D4L.

Ya good stuff!

tu! 03-31-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peon

nah we compare to tfc old models...DUH!

don't even bring up TF2, that game is closer to css and bf2 than tf.

greenday5494 03-31-2008 07:55 PM

agree with mr. happy. If TF2 wasnt TF2 would you guys like it? If it was named "Game with guns and flags" would that be fun?

seriously, if you like one game, you dont need to be annying about it to another. I personally like FF's graphics better, but TF2's artsyle is orginal, and the graphics themselves are really nice.

slay2rr 04-01-2008 08:07 AM

FF graphics are NOT bad, yeah sure some models still lack a few animations. But everythig was done very well. And the rocket launcher displaying how many rockets you have left and chaingun's bullet metre. And TF2 doesn't have them.

greenday5494 04-01-2008 08:51 PM

FF also doesnt have the most advanced shader calcuations in a source game to date. soooo...

Credge 04-01-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenday5494
agree with mr. happy. If TF2 wasnt TF2 would you guys like it? If it was named "Game with guns and flags" would that be fun?

seriously, if you like one game, you dont need to be annying about it to another. I personally like FF's graphics better, but TF2's artsyle is orginal, and the graphics themselves are really nice.

No, I wouldn't. The only thing I like about TF2 are the graphics. The game play, pace, and flow of the game are terrible.