Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Debates & Arguments (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   6th graders (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=21419)

Scuzzy 01-25-2010 12:35 PM

6th graders

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...h_graders.html

BAAAAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA!!!

Bridget 01-25-2010 12:48 PM

wat

Etzell 01-25-2010 01:26 PM

http://www.inkycircus.com/jargon/images/mountain.jpg
http://breedersdigest.files.wordpres...2/molehill.jpg

GenghisTron 01-25-2010 03:39 PM

That's not even close to funny...

Mooga 01-25-2010 06:02 PM

Is he really? Well, THAT'S CHANGE I CAN BELEVE IN!

Innoc 01-26-2010 12:54 AM

If Bush had done this I'm thinking that it would have been well publicized and mocked. Did he do it? I'm going to bet that he didn't as he was famous for his made up phrases and words that came from "winging it".

I have no respect for Obama's abilities as a "leader" so this story isn't that big a deal...but I think that any politician who uses a teleprompter to speak before children is an idiot. Try to relate to them as actual people instead of a photo-op you f*****g moron.

uBeR 01-26-2010 01:13 AM

This is yet again the far-right's great contribution to political discourse. This is precisely the type of stuff you can expect from the intellectual right. That is, absolutely nothing.

Even though everyone with half a mind realizes this stuff is absolutely farcical, even if true, we still might ask, "Is it true"? Well, is it true? As anyone with half a mind probably could have guessed (and expected), it's not true. See here, for example. Again, the right's great contribution.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...op_PS-0042.jpg

Bridget 01-26-2010 01:45 AM

You people get upset over some stupid shit.

FrenchToast 01-26-2010 01:47 AM

Oh well. I'm sure now that this misunderstanding has been cleared up, Scuzzy and Innoc will apologize for their rash and ill-informed mockery of the situation.

Scuzzy 01-26-2010 01:58 AM

It's true, he's able to talk to 6th graders without prompting, but when it comes to leadership the teleprompters need to tell the media what's going on in the same setting. Sounds about right.

Scuzzy

Etzell 01-26-2010 02:26 AM

He's been in office for a year and this is the first time you're gonna bring up the teleprompter? Brilliant detective work, ace.

FrenchToast 01-26-2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 463661)
It's true, he's able to talk to 6th graders without prompting, but when it comes to leadership the teleprompters need to tell the media what's going on in the same setting. Sounds about right.

Scuzzy

So you'd rather have a leader who doesn't use teleprompters, but makes up words like misunderestimate resulting in the most pathetic representation of the US, making you even more the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

Is this correct? You don't have any respect for yourself, do you, scuzzy? You're unable to ever admit you're wrong, arent you? You're unable to admit anything on the other side of the retard battle line you've drawn could ever be good, or right, aren't you?

stray kitten 01-26-2010 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uBeR
This is yet again the far-right's great contribution to political discourse.

Even the liberal media have brought up the constant appearance of teleprompters. Having the setup in a classroom is pretty damn funny.

Credge 01-26-2010 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchToast (Post 463679)
So you'd rather have a leader who doesn't use teleprompters, but makes up words like misunderestimate resulting in the most pathetic representation of the US, making you even more the laughing stock of the rest of the world.

To answer the question posed at him like it was directed at me:

No, which is why I didn't vote for Obama. When he doesn't read from his teleprompter he's another Bush, and that's nothing new either. He's always been that way.

Why the rest of the world has fallen in love with his ability to speak is beyond me. He's Bush with a teleprompter.

ETA: McCain was a shitty choice as well.

Bridget 01-26-2010 04:59 PM

Teleprompters are a more technological way to read off pre-compiled speech. It's no different than reading off a few dozen sheets of paper or out of a book for that matter. Every president that has addressed this nation from its founding, I would imagine, has used some medium of reading off speech written in advanced. The mediums change but the action does not. So, why is Obama the only president getting all this bullshit for using a teleprompter? It's not situational; It's a general complaint. Can we produce a constructive argument against the President or are we going to nitpick? for fuck sake. . .

stray kitten 01-26-2010 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 463685)
Teleprompters are a more technological way to read off pre-compiled speech. It's no different than reading off a few dozen sheets of paper or out of a book for that matter. Every president that has addressed this nation from its founding, I would imagine, has used some medium of reading off speech written in advanced. The mediums change but the action does not. So, why is Obama the only president getting all this bullshit for using a teleprompter? It's not situational; It's a general complaint. Can we produce a constructive argument against the President or are we going to nitpick? for fuck sake. . .

Because he's never without them. I WISH Bush had used them more, then he wouldn't have sounded so fucking stupid and embarrass me as an American. The general complaint people have is they believe that without a teleprompter he's basically completely clueless. And on the rare occasion he doesn't have one, he kind of proves that point. If I was chairman Obama I would use them when the alternative is sounding like Bush. At least he's "well spoken" that way.

Bridget 01-26-2010 07:31 PM

You can't conclude immediately that he's 'clueless' without one. Despite one's ability to speak well, nervousness can really degrade the experience. The teleprompter provides some level of confidence. You know when you make a mistake, you can correct any mistakes you are presuming to be incorrect, and so on. Perhaps everyone's looking at it for all the wrong reasons. Show me some evidence he's 'clueless' without it, too.

Etzell 01-26-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stray kitten (Post 463681)
Even the liberal media have brought up the constant appearance of teleprompters. Having the setup in a classroom is pretty damn funny.

He didn't.

Credge 01-26-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etzell (Post 463695)
He didn't.

He didn't what? Have them setup in that classroom? Because he did. He made a speech in that classroom.

He also spoke to the kids without one.

Edit: A correction. Different classroom.

Too bad Jon Stewart made fun of him for it :(.

Credge 01-26-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridget (Post 463694)
You can't conclude immediately that he's 'clueless' without one. Despite one's ability to speak well, nervousness can really degrade the experience. The teleprompter provides some level of confidence. You know when you make a mistake, you can correct any mistakes you are presuming to be incorrect, and so on. Perhaps everyone's looking at it for all the wrong reasons. Show me some evidence he's 'clueless' without it, too.

Well, alright, here's a few. Of course they're videos against him. You wouldn't have a supporter digging up this kind of stuff.

I'm sure you could dig up stuff from before he started running as well. You know, for when he spent a few years doing things other than being president.