Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Modding (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   (Released) FDA Approved mods. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=24746)

FDA_Approved 01-01-2015 04:36 AM

FDA Approved mods.

TIDALWAVE COLLECTION

SUPERSHOTGUN

FRANKS PIZZADICKS COLLECTION

PIZZA TOSSABLES

AirTrek 01-01-2015 11:24 AM

Shark attack. :shock: Looks real nice. :thumbsup:

FDA_Approved 01-01-2015 02:19 PM

Thanks. It took some amount of trial and error to figure out, but mnzy helped me a little bit.

AirTrek 01-01-2015 05:40 PM

Edited the supersharkgun for the peeps like me who don't like the stock.

Download

FDA_Approved 01-02-2015 12:53 PM

I made all the layers slightly transparent so you could make out some of the details of the shotgun.(which isn't really apparent so maybe it was a waste of time) And I've noticed that on some maps, in dark places the texture starts to fade and disappears entirely if you get dark enough. (so it just looks like the regular shotgun) Not really sure why that is, possibly a lack of cubemaps in the level. Also doesn't make a lot of sense to me because though i used transparent layers I collapsed them all before converting to .vtf, so they're still a part of the solid shotgun texture. Idk.

Iggy 01-02-2015 02:24 PM

I have no idea what "cubemaps" are, but if I had to guess why the effect you describe is happening, I'd say that it's because the light in the area is insufficient to see the add on. Thus, you only see the shotgun itself.

Kinda like something I did to my car some years back. I used a reflective tape the same colour as the car, so it was very difficult to see in the daytime, but shine headlights on it from behind, and it glowed.

AirTrek 01-02-2015 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 505950)
I made all the layers slightly transparent so you could make out some of the details of the shotgun.(which isn't really apparent so maybe it was a waste of time) And I've noticed that on some maps, in dark places the texture starts to fade and disappears entirely if you get dark enough. (so it just looks like the regular shotgun) Not really sure why that is, possibly a lack of cubemaps in the level. Also doesn't make a lot of sense to me because though i used transparent layers I collapsed them all before converting to .vtf, so they're still a part of the solid shotgun texture. Idk.

I think it's the same with all weapon models - the darker it is, the less of the texture you see.

FDA_Approved 01-02-2015 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 505951)
I have no idea what "cubemaps" are, but if I had to guess why the effect you describe is happening, I'd say that it's because the light in the area is insufficient to see the add on. Thus, you only see the shotgun itself.

Kinda like something I did to my car some years back. I used a reflective tape the same colour as the car, so it was very difficult to see in the daytime, but shine headlights on it from behind, and it glowed.

The thing I was trying to get at though is that it only happens on some maps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirTrek (Post 505953)
I think it's the same with all weapon models - the darker it is, the less of the texture you see.

It's got a pretty distinct fade to it, unlike other weapons. Idk.

Edit: Maybe you are right though. I guess it's not something I'd notice very often because I don't play with models on. Just seemed weird that some details fade out and kind of make others more noticeable.

R00Kie 01-03-2015 05:42 AM

Looks Great FDA, Thanks for the re-skin. Could you add some blue/white muzzle flash? Also an RPG to go along with this skin with little rocket sharks would be badass.

FDA_Approved 01-03-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R00Ki3 (Post 505958)
Looks Great FDA, Thanks for the re-skin. Could you add some blue/white muzzle flash? Also an RPG to go along with this skin with little rocket sharks would be badass.

Hmm, I could maybe do a muzzle flash if I got something to look nice I guess. I do want to do an RPG and SNG to go along with the general theme. I made a sng already but I think it turned out dumb so I will try something different:

XPelargos 01-03-2015 05:24 PM

The cubemap issue requires external map data to reflect properly.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Cubemaps

"Many reflective materials must be combined with external data so that the Source engine can correctly generate their appearance. In other words, a cubemap creates the textures that a reflective surface will be reflecting."

So without a cubemap in the .bsp file, it will just reflect the shotgun. Not a problem, and making cubemaps are a bit time consuming.

the_cake 01-03-2015 06:11 PM

Looks like a sweet Far Cry 3 tatoo.

WiFiDi 03-29-2015 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 505950)

yea the golden shotgun would lose its color i don't know why it does that. :(

as for the shotgun it is awesome and i am now using it for some reason i can't get pizza skin to work gotta try it a few more times. :D

edit: and i got my pizza skins working my life is complete now!