Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   (League Prediction) Fortress Forever 3v3 League (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23271)

oaties 03-02-2012 01:35 AM

Fortress Forever 3v3 League

REGISTER AND JOIN/CREATE TEAMS ON THE LEAGUE WEBSITE! http://www.ffpickup.com/league

I have decided to start getting together a league for Fortress-Forever.

I considered making a 2v2 league, but I decided to go with a 3v3 league instead, as I feel it allows more of a variety with strategies.

If the league gets 6 or more teams, I will begin to put it together, get a website etc, and organize matches.

The teams so far:
Code:

Team 1 - [3Pac]
oaties
pure
spoon
Tw!sta

Team 2 - ( . Y . )
Trailer
Fox
Neptune

Team 3 - [Name Pending]
alextric
Neon
cake
Dr. Explosion

Team 4 - [Name Pending]
Grimace
Nine
Squeek

Team 5 - [3-way]
Mooneh
PoC`
homie

Looking for a team:
Code:

Moya
KubeDawg
Drakonal

The Map List:
Code:

3v3 League Map List

ff_openfire
ff_shutdown2
ff_plasma_beta1
ff_schtop
ff_2fort
ff_congestus
ff_r123
ff_aardvark
ff_destroy
ff_raze_b2
ff_2mesa3_classic
ff_hellion_classic_b3
ff_high_flag_b4
ff_changeofpace
ff_haste_b2
ff_evenflow_b2

If you wish to create a team, post it here, with your tag, players etc. If possible, make a steam group for the team and post it as well.

If you wish to join as a ringer, post as well. A ringer is a player who does not have a team, but instead fills in for missing players if needed.

Feel free to post any suggestions, changes to the map list etc.

FDA_Approved 03-02-2012 04:14 AM

I'd like to state that I feel open fire is a pretty horrible map for any size team.

oaties 03-02-2012 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 491810)
I'd like to state that I feel open fire is a pretty horrible map for any size team.

Once you get the water conc down consistently, you will love it! :D

FDA_Approved 03-02-2012 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaties (Post 491811)
Once you get the water conc down consistently, you will love it! :D

I'm just not a fan of the FR. the way top FR has all the pillars. Feels like there isn't to many good positions in FR. But idk. I've only ever 2v2 on that map and it was pretty lame.

But part of league play is seeing who's really the best all around at a class and not good at a certain map. I kinda like the idea of playing out there maps.

oaties 03-02-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 491812)
I'm just not a fan of the FR. the way top FR has all the pillars. Feels like there isn't to many good positions in FR. But idk. I've only ever 2v2 on that map and it was pretty lame.

But part of league play is seeing who's really the best all around at a class and not good at a certain map. I kinda like the idea of playing out there maps.

Well, the idea is to play alot of underplayed maps. I included stuff like hellion, haste, evenflow etc in there. Openfire is alright for 3v3, its just basically battlements soldier, button soldier and a soldier on the flag, or trade a soldier for a demo etc.

caesium 03-02-2012 10:12 AM

if matches can be pld at sensible UK times then i'd like to join as a ringer please.

personally i'd suggest adding ff_monkey and ff_bases to the list, and some of the maps currently on the list raise eyebrows although i'm not up to speed enough with what ppl find fun to play atm to comment in detail tbh. i would say that starting with maps that the majority of ppl know well and more ppl are likely to enjoy playing whoever wins/loses (and then not having too long between such "standard" maps if more "unusual" ones are played) is probably going to make more ppl have fun and want to play, which afterall is the point i assume :)

Trailer 03-02-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 491812)

Fuck openfire.

Elmo 03-02-2012 11:36 AM

Also play times are and issue for me. I can't play at ridiculous hours as I work mon - fri. Else I am particularly interested

Trailer 03-02-2012 12:08 PM

I think congestus is a bad map for 3v3 play also. Flag room is way too big, it ends up being a complete cap fest.

Dr. eXpl0si0n 03-02-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trailer (Post 491819)
I think congestus is a bad map for 3v3 play also. Flag room is way too big, it ends up being a complete cap fest.

That's where strats and skill come together :D

-mooney- 03-02-2012 12:59 PM

!add

NeonLight 03-02-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -mooney- (Post 491821)
!add

Banned.

-mooney- 03-02-2012 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoNL (Post 491824)
Banned.

shocker

[3-way] Mooneh
[3-way] PoC`
[3-way] (homie???)

NeonLight 03-02-2012 02:54 PM

Why not just set up a Google Docs page that everyone can edit to list the teams?

-mooney- 03-02-2012 05:00 PM

hi

ZNP011 03-02-2012 08:31 PM

HEY SPORK! BAN!

homie in reboks' 03-02-2012 09:11 PM

Glad I was picked up so quickly for a team lol

3v team sounds fun. I can only play on weekends, though. Specifically Sunday, but I can try to work things out for other weekends.

All the maps look fine. Hopefully, this will start soon.

Ricey 03-02-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoNL (Post 491824)
Banned.

Jewed.

squeek. 03-03-2012 07:48 AM

Website is up and running, so go sign up and create/join your teams:

http://www.ffpickup.com/league

Let me know if you have any issues with the website. The rules are not final. If you played in the old FF.PL 4v4/2v2 league, your login will still work. If you don't remember the PW, either create a new account with a different name or PM me.