Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What's you favorite CTF maps? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=13162)

Dr.Satan 12-03-2007 05:08 PM

What's you favorite CTF maps?

...that's all I'm looking for!

I need to generate a decent list of maps (community or official I really don't care) for the UGC league and I want to get input from all of you. Please try to evaluate that these maps will be played 5v5 (6v6 at the most) so they can't be huge maps, but also I realize that there isn't a vast number of options.

So what's your favorite maps? There's a list of the maps I'm aware of below, but if you know of one that isn't on there let me know!
  • ff_2morefort
  • ff_aardvark
  • ff_attrition
  • ff_bases
  • ff_blis_2fort
  • ff_crossover
  • ff_congestus
  • ff_cz2
  • ff_dropdown
  • ff_duality
  • ff_epicenter
  • ff_flare
  • ff_monkey
  • ff_openfire_sh4x
  • ff_pirates
  • ff_runoff
  • ff_session
  • ff_shutdown2
  • ff_startec
  • ff_submarine
  • ff_waterpolo
  • ff_well
  • ff_wellfortress
  • ff_xpress

The maps listed in blue will most likely be included b/c I think they are the best one's on that list!

The maps listed in red will most likely NOT be included, either b/c they are very disjointed / confusing or just too big / too small for a 5v league. Unless everyone votes on them and decided that they are ok / should be included.

BlisTer 12-03-2007 05:34 PM

Here's a ranking taken from wherestheflag.org, based on 70 gathers.

1. ff_aardvark (26)
2. ff_shutdown2 (19)
3. ff_monkey (11)
4. ff_blis_2fort (6)
5. ff_well (4)

Body_Bagged 12-03-2007 07:46 PM

1. ff_well
2. ff_ aardvarl
3. ff_ 2morforever

Skanky Butterpuss 12-03-2007 08:10 PM

ff_monkey. best map ever.

whereismymind? 12-03-2007 08:11 PM

1. ff_duality (yeah I'm biased, but I played the TFC version 5v5 a lot and it worked well so i believe it's worth checking out)
2. ff_aadvark
3. ff_shutdown2

SoBe Green 12-03-2007 10:58 PM

The only thing I think you might want to consider is that there are some people who can't run monkey very well. I'd bet that most of the hardcore TFC players don't have high end systems. I have no problems with monkey, I love it and its probably the only official map that doesn't look like quake puked on it. I've just seen quite a few people play Engineer because once they go outside they lag hard.

=AS= Pt 12-03-2007 11:07 PM

My favorite:

ff_2morefort (i think this map is great to 5v5...realy GREAT.This as got to be there. Its a 2fort potential map. In pubs its one of the most popular. In clans it can be really fun to play)
ff_aardvark
ff_blis_2fort (never played it...but if it is 2fort...)
ff_monkey (excited to play this in a FF can match)
ff_openfire_sh4x (its openfire...whats left to say?)
ff_shutdown2 (obviously)
ff_well (a litle big to 5v5...but a great map 2)

How i would love to play the league :'-(

[AE] 82694 12-03-2007 11:31 PM

These are the maps I think might work for 5v5.

ff_shutdown2
ff_crossover
ff_aardvark
ff_monkey
ff_2morforever
ff_blis_2fort
ff_congestus
ff_runoff
ff_TwisteDfort_smallb2
ff_duality
ff_derive_b2
ff_startec
ff_dev_2fort
ff_openfire_b2
ff_siden_b2
ff_wellfortress
ff_session
ff_redgiant

Granted a couple of these maps are a little big but they play nice with 10 or more people. Also some are beta's but the mapper could final when ever he/she wishes.

Dock if you want I have probably any map on on my dedicated server you might want to look at just let me know I'll set you up with admin and you can click away. It's password protected so you won't be bothered unless it's by MajorTrouble (417's boy) or KillerDog (my boy).

pF 12-04-2007 03:35 AM

For 5 vs. 5, it's startec all the way.

Dr.Satan 12-04-2007 09:02 PM

keep em coming people I need more suggestions!

Dr.Satan 12-11-2007 09:40 PM

Can a dev please move this thread to the League and Clans section? I think they should probably give the input anyway as they will be playing the maps!

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 12-11-2007 09:45 PM

My absolute favorite (since TFC) is Well

So top 3:

1.ff_well
2.ff_dropdown
3.ff_2morefort

StatisticZ 12-11-2007 09:46 PM

congestus, shutdown2, crossover, and monkey. Where's is xpress? I wanna try that!

Dr.Satan 12-11-2007 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [StatisticZ]
Where's is xpress? I wanna try that!

you haven't yet? wow...um I'll get you a link in a bit!

Go here and Download it!

StatisticZ 12-12-2007 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
you haven't yet? wow...um I'll get you a link in a bit!

Go here and Download it!

Thanks, I actually searched for it after I posted and tried it. I love it, only dislike is tho that it seems it's not as long as the original Xpress, and it's straight not curved. But still, very fun.

Skanky Butterpuss 12-12-2007 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Satan
Can a dev please move this thread to the League and Clans section? I think they should probably give the input anyway as they will be playing the maps!

done

TurboWolf 12-13-2007 08:40 PM

aav!

Desyphur 12-16-2007 05:53 PM

I like congestus :D

Well and monkey are good too.

Vicious 12-17-2007 06:52 PM

monkey is a great map for 5v5, crossover can be ok as well... dropdown is great if you overlook the current bugs, well might work, but it is a little large... epicenter would be nice

GeoKill-----> 12-17-2007 07:52 PM

Well Epicenter Needs armour I believe.