Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Mapping (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Map Request Thread. -Request a map remake here! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=8895)

KubeDawg 08-24-2012 01:28 AM

There are I think 2 rats maps and 1 turkeyburgers map for FF and the turkeyburgers port seems to be the most popular, although sometimes wcrats is pretty fun too.

Ricey 08-24-2012 04:28 PM

The turkeyburgers port was horribly done, it was just decompiled and that was it.

KubeDawg 08-24-2012 07:32 PM

Yet, it's better than anything you've done orrrr?:mrgreen:

Ricey 08-24-2012 09:41 PM

Not even close. Vidar > All FF Maps.

KubeDawg 08-24-2012 10:14 PM

While I agree Vidar is an excellent map, where is it? Does it exist? NO? WHY NOT? Because you haven't finished it yet! GET TO WORK!:slow:

Ricey 08-24-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 495072)
While I agree Vidar is an excellent map, where is it? Does it exist? NO? WHY NOT? Because you haven't finished it yet! GET TO WORK!:slow:

Then shut your mouth :D

Gamingmaster000 09-16-2012 12:36 PM

ff_badlands and ff_doublecross (FF's equilivant of TF2's ctf_doublecross)

[TALOS]Smoke 09-19-2012 01:37 AM

Sorry I've been out of the loop for a couple weeks. My laptop decided that it was too old and tired to handle all the mapping I was doing.
The hd came apart and instead of throwing in a new one, I just got a new laptop instead. Unfortunately all of my mapping is gone, I have to pretty much start from scratch with everything.
The map (raven) I was working on is still a sore subject because the original map that I did for tfc had a working stargate in it. I spent about 8 hours alone building a new gate room, that was as close to the SG1 gate room as I could find pics of. No sooner had I compiled it to see how it looked and felt is when the hd went out... FML
I'm in the process of gathering all that I can get my hands on as far as bsp's and such from tfc and will try to get a folder together this weekend when I have some time. Hopefully I'll be able to get everything back somewhat close to where I was when the hd died :(

KubeDawg 09-19-2012 05:26 AM

Is the HDD completely gone? If not, you might be able to hook it up to your new laptop as a 2nd drive. If the disk in the drive is not damaged and it's maybe just one of the moving parts of the drive, you should be able to take it somewhere to get the data backed up.

I was just thinking about that map Raven the other day and I was wondering why it hadn't been made. I oddly remember playing the map in FF, but i might just be thinking I played it in TFC.

This is why it's a good idea to store your work on an FTP server or have a spare external drive. I've seen a few mappers have similar issues. I remember the same thing happened to one guy who was in the middle of remaking the map Freefall4 and another map, but the HDD went out and he was sol.

That sucks though man. I'd shit a brick if my HD broke.

[TALOS]Smoke 09-19-2012 03:32 PM

I always intend to back everything up. It never happens though, hopefully this was a wake-up call. FML none the less