Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   FF.Pickup League (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18351)

squeek. 12-06-2008 01:32 AM

FF.Pickup League

All players are welcome. Just register an account and create or join a team.

On IRC at #ff.pl on gamesurge. Rules coming soon. Some parts (very few that you need to worry about) of the site don't work yet, but will be added in the coming weeks.

Credge 12-06-2008 01:39 AM

Attn: eO. Hurry up.

squeek. 12-06-2008 01:49 AM

It's seriously easy to sign up and create a team. Just do it. :)

The only "hard" part is knowing your Steam ID.

GeoKill-----> 12-06-2008 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Credge
Attn: eO. Hurry up.

OoooK

exosexattack 12-06-2008 01:50 AM

i need a teem

BlisTer 12-06-2008 10:24 AM

n1 squeek

squeek. 12-08-2008 01:11 AM

Keep the sign ups coming!

Gator- 12-08-2008 08:38 AM

ThE EmPeRoR is signed up for 2v2!

squeek. 12-14-2008 07:22 PM

Rules for 2v2/4v4 posted. Discuss them here. Certain parts are viable to change.

2v2/4v4 league rules

Credge 12-14-2008 07:35 PM

Yard defense is unrestricted in FFPL 4v4.

Does this include in enemy base defense?

Skanky Butterpuss 12-14-2008 07:49 PM

Vulgar player names must be changed at the request of any member participating in a match. If a member is found to be using a handle that is deemed offensive after being asked to have it changed by an official, that member will be issued a warning. A second violation will result in that player being suspended from match play for a period of Two (2) weeks.

BOOOOOOOOOO! no love for the bagina?! :(

squeek. 12-14-2008 07:54 PM

Quote:

Yard defense is unrestricted in FFPL 4v4.

Does this include in enemy base defense?

Do you think that'll be a legitimate issue? I didn't think "no defense in the opposing team's base unless a flag is involved" needed to be spelled out explicitly.

I'm not even sure if it needs to be restricted. You're putting your team at a serious disadvantage if you're playing defense in the opposing teams base on 99% of maps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skankman
BOOOOOOOOOO! no love for the bagina?! :(

Depends if the people you play against have love for the bagina.

Credge 12-14-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek.
Do you think that'll be a legitimate issue? I didn't think "no defense in the opposing team's base unless a flag is involved" needed to be spelled out explicitly.

I'm not even sure if it needs to be restricted. You're putting your team at a serious disadvantage if you're playing defense in the opposing teams base on 99% of maps.

I think it could become an issue on maps where there is one spawn or way out of the enemy base... which are actually a good number of maps.

squeek. 12-14-2008 08:14 PM

Quote:

I think it could become an issue on maps where there is one spawn or way out of the enemy base... which are actually a good number of maps.

I'm still not sure it would be beneficial in the long run. Eventually you're gonna run out of nades and then you'll just be worthless and detrimental to your team.

squeek. 12-14-2008 08:20 PM

Oh, and what do you guys think about the number of rounds for 4v4?

Should it be two 15-minute rounds or four?

Credge 12-14-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

I'm still not sure it would be beneficial in the long run. Eventually you're gonna run out of nades and then you'll just be worthless and detrimental to your team.

Just respawn and go back.

A person chasing the enemy flag back to the enemy base can stay there for a period and get a few kills before HAVING to go back. His time spent killing enemies as they walk out of the spawn or their base is good enough, especially since he can just kill himself and come back before anyone that got past him can get there.

Monkey is an example of a map where this would be a trouble.

Edit: I'd like a typical pickup setup if people are looking for a more casual approach to the league or a more standard hour long game (4 rounds) if people are looking for a more committed approach.

squeek. 12-14-2008 08:46 PM

Quote:

Just respawn and go back.

A person chasing the enemy flag back to the enemy base can stay there for a period and get a few kills before HAVING to go back. His time spent killing enemies as they walk out of the spawn or their base is good enough, especially since he can just kill himself and come back before anyone that got past him can get there.

Monkey is an example of a map where this would be a trouble.

But how useful would it be without chasing the flag? I'd say not very. You'd spend more time (and health/armor) than it's worth getting over to the enemy base, and without chasing the flag you're not even guaranteed to see anyone.

I guess I can just add it into the rules for safety, though.

EDIT: What are you looking for in the 4v4 league (casual or committed approach?)

Credge 12-14-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

But how useful would it be without chasing the flag? I'd say not very. You'd spend more time (and health/armor) than it's worth getting over to the enemy base, and without chasing the flag you're not even guaranteed to see anyone.

I guess I can just add it into the rules for safety, though.

EDIT: What are you looking for in the 4v4 league (casual or committed approach?)

The thing is, when you're chasing the flag (you probably will just about every time the flag is stopped in the yard), you'll follow it all the way to their base. After they have capped the flag, going to the enemies spawn, or front door depending on the map, is a very viable thing to do. You can stay there, kill some people, and just kill yourself to get back instantly.

The act of staying there is pretty craptacular and can be very effective depending on the map, especially when respawns are instant and you can teleport to the other side of the map before the enemy can get back via death.

Also, I'm indifferent to which I prefer. 4 rounds sounds better though.

squeek. 12-14-2008 10:14 PM

To team leaders: I added a couple more options on the Manage Team page, and Kick is now working.

Skanky Butterpuss 12-15-2008 12:51 AM

just put it in so credge will shut the hell up :rolleyes: