Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Please someone play :( (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23842)

thesniper_hun 03-29-2013 03:35 PM

Please someone play :(

I want to try out this game really bad i just downloaded it and every servers(every 17) is empty! 0/0 players thats really sad because this is a good game as far as i see but i don't know because i don't have the chance to try it!
Did the tutorial training 10 times hoping to unlock something like playing with bots but nothing:( Pls we need people to play this game!

WiFiDi 03-29-2013 04:02 PM

okay first off there are no bots in this game. (guy working on them abandoned it.) secondly relax take a deep breath we have people who generally play everyday. however you have to wait till about 5 pm central standard time for people to start getting on. the mornings afternoons rarely anyone plays cept maybe on the weekends. (as far as pubs go anyways.)

why so desperate to play?

Edit: im gonna be on later today.

people are on right now FYI. (in euro server.)

Agent Buckshot Moose 03-29-2013 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesniper_hun (Post 498922)
I want to try out this game really bad i just downloaded it and every servers(every 17) is empty! 0/0 players thats really sad because this is a good game as far as i see but i don't know because i don't have the chance to try it!
Did the tutorial training 10 times hoping to unlock something like playing with bots but nothing:( Pls we need people to play this game!

What time zone are you in? The game is most active during US east/central evening. If you're in Europe, their activity seems to come and go in spurts. Sometimes there will be a bunch of Europeans on during their evening--but currently they don't seem to be too active.

Edit: There are currently 6 people on a European server.

Rck 03-31-2013 08:40 PM

Euros not too active? There is a good 4-5 of us mostly online after 9pm GMT. Me, Wubz, GuY, Mnz... and more.

Agent Buckshot Moose 04-01-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rck (Post 498951)
Euros not too active? There is a good 4-5 of us mostly online after 9pm GMT. Me, Wubz, GuY, Mnz... and more.

4 to 5 people don't really fall under "active," unfortunately, when compared to the US servers which get 10 to 16 people on a pretty regular basis. I realize some of those people are European players, but I don't think there are enough people playing in Europe to have pubs full of European players on a regular basis.

[TALOS]Smoke 04-01-2013 11:34 PM

The [TALOS] server usually has people playing in the US evening hours, I would be in more but I'm working on a map :(

Rck 04-02-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose (Post 498956)
4 to 5 people don't really fall under "active," unfortunately, when compared to the US servers which get 10 to 16 people on a pretty regular basis. I realize some of those people are European players, but I don't think there are enough people playing in Europe to have pubs full of European players on a regular basis.

Depends on your definition and context of active. Those of us who play are active, if however you are looking at the entire Euro population then no, we dont have an active "community"

Quote:

Originally Posted by [TALOS]Smoke (Post 498959)
The [TALOS] server usually has people playing in the US evening hours, I would be in more but I'm working on a map :(

3 weeks ago I would agree with you that this would be a good place for him to start. I started my first FF game on there then and it was good fun. Lately there appears to be 2/3 people who seem to go out their way to abuse and generally annoy the people on the server. One guy named Beeper Bob seems particularly spiteful to anyone who has the audacity to be playing the game for less than the 1 millionth time.

[TALOS]Smoke 04-03-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rck (Post 498964)
3 weeks ago I would agree with you that this would be a good place for him to start. I started my first FF game on there then and it was good fun. Lately there appears to be 2/3 people who seem to go out their way to abuse and generally annoy the people on the server. One guy named Beeper Bob seems particularly spiteful to anyone who has the audacity to be playing the game for less than the 1 millionth time.

I haven't been in the server in about that long, I'll let Nos, Totse, and Skywalker know that there is someone griefing players, and someone will handle it. As for me, I'll try to get in to the server more often to see if we can't curb this.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Rck 04-05-2013 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [TALOS]Smoke (Post 498970)
I haven't been in the server in about that long, I'll let Nos, Totse, and Skywalker know that there is someone griefing players, and someone will handle it. As for me, I'll try to get in to the server more often to see if we can't curb this.
Thanks for the heads up :)

Good to hear some action will be taken. He joined the pickup channel last week with a bit of an outburst as well complaining about the developers of the game... maybe he just had a bad week but he was out of order on both the server and IRC