Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   The "Bitch About Updates" Thread. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=2263)

o_frenchtoast 07-24-2005 01:28 AM

See all you pessimists, this thread works!

Plus, those who wouldn't normally bitch about them have here because they can't be flamed for the purpose of the thread.

More Updated!!!!!11!!

o_thenuke0 07-24-2005 02:05 AM

make this topis sticky :D
that way , every time any1 is frustrated for lack of updates he can go and whine here.

MORE UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

o_lithium 07-24-2005 04:37 AM

I say we provide the FF Staff with booze.

o_sizeablessonic 07-24-2005 04:58 AM

Were are the updates?! lol

o_mooga 07-24-2005 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leetard
I think them telling us that they have all those things done is a good enough update, at least for me.

Giving them heat definately isnt the most supportive. Want it done right and to take a little bit longer, or do you want to attempt to rush them and have a shitty outcome?

If I were on dev id be getting pretty annoyed about now.

We know that they hate it when we beg for updates but we havn't seen or heard much from the team in OVER A MONTH!

o_vampiricus 07-24-2005 05:22 AM

Peter Griffin is asking for an update :)

http://ephemeron.org/~felixx/familyguy.jpg

o_etzell 07-24-2005 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The FF Dev Team
Shut the fuck up about the updates. Fuck!

There. Now you have confirmation of their displeasure.

o_medi 07-24-2005 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The FF Dev Team
Shut the fuck up about the updates. Fuck!

What updates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schtoofa
Bingo ^. No animosity, don't worry ;D he just had other things to do instead of weapon modeling for FF.

You can be assured he'll appear in the credits, but the dev team page should really show active, current dev team members. At least that's the purpose we make it serve.

ok, thank you.

o_innes 07-24-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooga
They told us that once summer hit, they would be able to get TONS of work done.

since i joined a month ago i have been working my fingers to the bone, EVERY singleday for 12 hours.

o_dr zauis 07-24-2005 12:48 PM

MORE UPDATES NOW!!!!!!

o_ginger lord 07-24-2005 01:08 PM

They'll do it when they're ready and not a moment before. No matter how much people bitch and whine.

o_frenchtoast 07-24-2005 03:02 PM

The point of this thread is that people whine in here, but the dev team know not to read the thread. Thus effectively stopping the Dev team from listening to the bicghing.

o_deadly furby 07-24-2005 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dr Zauis
they posted about this before. sev had some personal issues, and cannot be doing this stuff right now. Dont you people read things?

I think it was some kind of sex scandal.

o_zorro 07-24-2005 04:22 PM

wheres the beef?

schtoofa 07-24-2005 05:14 PM

aaaaaaand sticky'd.

8)

o_nuggs 07-24-2005 05:18 PM

I know its summa time, and the livings easy, but I think FF got off to a very successful launch (with a good bit of luck) and membership of the forums has been steadily increasing. However there have not been any updates for the last month, and the vast majority of the dev journals over the last month have read like a silly personal blog that no one would read. I think its wise to have slow, steady updates to keep people excited and focused as compared to one or two large updates a month

o_saintrancid-tpf- 07-24-2005 05:47 PM

yeah news update would rock.....

o_frenchtoast 07-24-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schtoofa
aaaaaaand sticky'd.

8)

w00t!

o_eat 07-25-2005 12:13 AM

Quite a lot of the progress recently has been boring stuff. Are you interested that I managed to convert a large number of brushes into displacements in crossover? No. Does it change how the map looks? No. Progress does not always equal more media!

o_shaggy 07-25-2005 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eat
Quite a lot of the progress recently has been boring stuff. Are you interested that I managed to convert a large number of brushes into displacements in crossover? No. Does it change how the map looks? No. Progress does not always equal more media!

Hold your horses eat, you made alot of progress on converting a large number of brushes into displacements in crossover!!! Dude, I'd loved to have read that in a journal ;) Then after you wrote it, i'd loved you to have explained what that meant!!