PDA

View Full Version : TFC:S Vs FF hmmmmm......

o_oinker
03-14-2005, 08:57 AM
http://pc.ign.com/objects/684/684437.html?fromint=1

hmmmm...... i hope this doesn't hurt FF :/

o_ivaqual
03-14-2005, 09:05 AM
http://nagual7.free.fr/images/old4.jpg
more seriously, this is from nearly a year ago and nothing more has been said about this since then. seeing has valve has got to release DOD:S, TF2 and a HL2 expansion pack i think it is safe to sleep on both ears for now.

o_storm
03-14-2005, 10:04 AM
don't worry about that man, even IF it comes out first it will still just be tfc with some bells and all the balancing issues that where there before.

o_enrico palazzo
03-14-2005, 10:19 AM
I just keep wondering if TFC: S will be completely altered like CS:S was with new Weapon and player models, and new better looking textures as well as the maps being altered a bit, or if it will be how it was with HL Source where none of the models or textures changed. Basically all that changed was the atmospheric effects and the water, and the phyics too of course. But it didnt fit right seeing the amazing water graphics with the old school textures at all. Granted I havent played HL Source, just seen a bunch of screenshots and heard many peoples opinions about it.

o_ivaqual
03-14-2005, 10:40 AM
i don't think they woul be losing time and money treating TFC:S as CS:S, as they are working and putting more importance on TF2.imo it will be more like HL:S.

o_three_gunn
03-14-2005, 03:45 PM
http://nagual7.free.fr/images/old4.jpgmore seriously, this is from nearly a year ago and nothing more has been said about this since then. seeing has valve has got to release DOD:S, TF2 and a HL2 expansion pack i think it is safe to sleep on both ears for now.

LOL

...with that said. i'll be attending this years E3 and will try to listen in on anythign new. ...anyone else attending this year?

o_ivaqual
03-14-2005, 04:21 PM
don't you have to be an industry insider to go ?

o_three_gunn
03-14-2005, 04:25 PM

...there are ways around that. i work for a DVD authoring/motion graphics group...in no way related to the gaming industry....but i've been going for the past few years due to "inside sources" :wink:

...art school kids seem to easily gain access as well. i've seen teenagers there saying they got in because of their school...most of the time its because they know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

o_oinker
03-14-2005, 10:25 PM
i wanna go -_- oh and it wasn't old news to me :D never seen anything offical stating tfc:S jsut alot of people going yes?!!?!?! no!?!?!?! on various forums...

o_anshinritsumai
03-14-2005, 10:33 PM
don't you have to be an industry insider to go ?...art school kids seem to easily gain access as well. i've seen teenagers there saying they got in because of their school...most of the time its because they know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

Thank god im going to the Art Institute of California - San Diego for Computer Animation...

o_dr zauis
03-14-2005, 10:40 PM
I work for a Airplane company and we get in because we "install" Game systems into planes...no we dont...but we say we do and BLAMO! you get in.

o_sobe green
03-15-2005, 12:55 AM
http://nagual7.free.fr/images/old4.jpgmore seriously, this is from nearly a year ago and nothing more has been said about this since then. seeing has valve has got to release DOD:S, TF2 and a HL2 expansion pack i think it is safe to sleep on both ears for now.

LOL

...with that said. i'll be attending this years E3 and will try to listen in on anythign new. ...anyone else attending this year?

I had an elaborate plan to become part of a mod teams team for the duration of E3..but nobody wants to do it :(

o_ink
03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Why does FF have the leg up on TFC:S. Because FF is made for the TF'er, by the TF'er. Therefore, Im pending FF will have more updates and better interactions with the community. TFC:S is a valve game. So if you wanna play it, be ready for a lack of updates and the oportunity to be neglected by this guy:

http://misdirected.edgz.com/files/newell.jpg

FF has nothing to worry about.

Yes, I love blunt statements.

Jiggles
03-15-2005, 03:28 AM
Assuming they're both made, TFC:S will either be stand alone, or come w/ TF2. Either way, you'll have to pay money for it.

If it's a simple port of TFC, I don't see a reason to spend money on it...

o_three_gunn
03-15-2005, 04:35 AM
don't you have to be an industry insider to go ?...art school kids seem to easily gain access as well. i've seen teenagers there saying they got in because of their school...most of the time its because they know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

Thank god im going to the Art Institute of California - San Diego for Computer Animation...

very cool..i went to the Art Insitute of California - Los Angeles...the school famous for being next door to Activision Studios...which meant absolutely nothing since Activision didnt want anything to do with AICLA's graduating students. ...the bastards.

...and to stay on topic. ink was right on the money in comparison with the two. this world could use a lot more blunt statements.

o_mooga
03-18-2005, 08:19 PM
I don't think that they'll make a TFC:S because TFC is well known for it's "Wacked Up" physics. This is bad BC HL2 is well known for it's "Kick Butt" physics.. If TFC:S is made, it will lack all the crazy stuff that the TF comunity loves.

If any TF game is coming out of Valve, it would be TF2 which is basicly like CS but with different classes. I think TF2 could become a good game but it wont be a TRUE TF game, more of a TF BASED game.

o_karnak
03-18-2005, 08:41 PM
TFC:S / TF2 is gonna rock my socks and any other game out there - Hands down. :D

o_oinker
03-20-2005, 04:28 AM
negative..... FF greater then all

Lost
03-21-2005, 05:24 AM
negative..... FF greater then all

Damned skippy.

o_ghost
03-21-2005, 12:18 PM
I don't think that they'll make a TFC:S because TFC is well known for it's "Wacked Up" physics. This is bad BC HL2 is well known for it's "Kick Butt" physics.. If TFC:S is made, it will lack all the crazy stuff that the TF comunity loves.

If any TF game is coming out of Valve, it would be TF2 which is basicly like CS but with different classes. I think TF2 could become a good game but it wont be a TRUE TF game, more of a TF BASED game.

Please stop refering to TF2 as CS with classes. We know basically nothing about its gameplay and the screenshots/movies out from 6 years ago now are obsolete. Also, imo TF2 looked like it was going to be a lot more like Frontline Force than CS judging from the previously mentioned media.

o_sponge
03-21-2005, 03:29 PM

...there are ways around that. i work for a DVD authoring/motion graphics group...in no way related to the gaming industry....but i've been going for the past few years due to "inside sources" :wink:

...art school kids seem to easily gain access as well. i've seen teenagers there saying they got in because of their school...most of the time its because they know someone who knows someone who knows someone.

I'm going to E3 this year, and we "worked" for a photo imaging lab. Hell, we would've had the leet media passes that give you free WiFi, breakfast, and a private lounge, but we don't have any tax forms. Apparently 250,000 hits a day isn't enough for them. *blatant plug*http://www.pocketgamer.org*blatant plug*

Even Blockbuster employees (the nerds who sit at the front desk) can get in using the free coveted Package 5.

o_nomak
03-22-2005, 01:20 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Mexiboy/lastweek.jpg

AS FUNNY AS "WOW, OLD NEWS IS SO EXCITING"