PDA

View Full Version : RTCW - ETF?

o_three_gunn
03-08-2005, 04:16 PM
...im sure this will be a pretty lame topic but i'll ask anyway. this saturday i'll be heading to a LAN party and im familiar with all games on the list...except one. the ironic thing is its based off of the team fortress concept. ive downloaded the game/mod and played a few hours of it last nite. damn i could really use some tips if anyones got any. (smart ass comments are welcomed)

o_comrade tiki
03-08-2005, 11:38 PM
If you were talking about ET:
Do NOT stay in one place, use the MG-42 only with teammates around to distract the enemy, switch to your secondary weapon while moving if your primary weapon is slow, and do NOT use the flamethrower with friendlies around. :-)

Oh, right, and don't walk on landmines (friend or foe).

o_anthraxium[wu]
03-08-2005, 11:50 PM
/me thinks he was talking about ETF not ET :)

the gameplay is different from TFC and imo worse than TFC.

However, just use your TFC training in ETF ... most of your training will be about the same, this will help you play better in ETF. When my clan switched into ETF, we had a pretty smooth transition (despite playing TFC 3 years ago and then not touching any fortress game since then) and most of us are better than the average ETF player ... pretty cool considering we barely have gotten into the mod ...

if u have anymore questions you can come ask us in #WU on gamesurge ...

o_curly
03-09-2005, 12:23 AM
Like Anthrax said, the transition should be no big deal; it's very similar to TFC. Some differences that you'll notice off the bat is that the game speed is significantly faster, and the bunnyhopping technique is different; hopping (straffe left, turn left etc) only maintains speed, and you need to get a boost from a rocket, conc, going down a ramp etc etc to accelerate. Also, ff is on on most servers, so the spy is much more effective and useful. Spam is decreased for this reason as well. also, nails are a bit more effective. There are many other small differences, but on the whole it's very similar to TFC. I personally like it much better. It's much better balanced among other reasons. (although I miss things such as a good frag layout and voice chat)

o_thedarkone
03-09-2005, 04:34 AM
the ironic thing is its based off of the team fortress concept.

How is that ironic?

o_folia
03-09-2005, 12:53 PM
Maybe it's like rain on your wedding day, or a traffic jam when you're already late...

o_georgie
03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Always thought that the things she mentioned in her song weren't really ironic at all... Just bloody annoying. :?

o_three_gunn
03-09-2005, 03:54 PM
hey thanks guys for all the input..it is a lot faster. there were some things i had to get used to..mainly the feel. ...splash damage seems pretty low and nades have cute little explosions.

p.s.
ignore that ironic comment. i tend to misuse and abuse words after a few beers at lunch.

o_curly
03-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Nah man, you used it right, I got it. It was ironic that you love playing tfc (I assume), and you're posting on a TF forum, yet the only game at your LAN party that you havn't played is a team fortress game itself. That's ironic.

o_three_gunn
03-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Nah man, you used it right, I got it. It was ironic that you love playing tfc (I assume), and you're posting on a TF forum, yet the only game at your LAN party that you havn't played is a team fortress game itself. That's ironic.

...in that case. *hands curly a cold beer*