PDA

View Full Version : minigun idea?

o_nomak
02-22-2005, 02:12 AM
well i was in boston for the weekend with family and their kid had these toys and i was looking through it and found some army figures with guns and such. so after some good 2 minutes of searching i found a minigun and a smg/mg looking gun. And i was like "woah....this minigun looks awesome, i better go sketch it in my drawing book so i can try to recreate it in source sdk. so i drew it out and it looked pretty cool. i took out soem parts that looks cheesy and too UNREAListic;yet left some that would make it not too real so it could have a tfc feel to it. the gun looks pretty cool and was wondering if i should post some pics of it so you guys could make comments on it. but of course first i gotta recreate it in teh source sdk. so well heres a poll.

o_d3pth charge
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
honestly this poll is somewhat unecessary, just post the picture. its not illegal to post your sketches in here so why do you need the blessings of the forums first?

o_nomak
02-22-2005, 02:20 AM
1) well because right now their just bad looking sketchs. i want to draw them better or recreate it in source sdk.

2) i dont just wanna post pics if no one is going to want to see them, its like having a party with lots of cake and only having 1 friend come...its unneccesary.

o_sobe green
02-22-2005, 03:15 AM
Your poll is most likely going to be closed by a mod. Just post it, people will let you know if they like it or not. If they don't, keep working on it.

o_binarylife
02-22-2005, 03:54 AM
2) i dont just wanna post pics if no one is going to want to see them, its like having a party with lots of cake and only having 1 friend come...its unneccesary.

More cake for you and your friend.

o_mooga
02-22-2005, 03:56 AM
Just post the darn thing

o_sev
02-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Personally, I do not particularly care for your sketch of the mini gun.

o_nomak
02-22-2005, 05:50 AM
see well people like sev are the kind of people that put me down. it makes me just want to give up on FF hl2 and mapping as we know it. people like him make me want to be one of those gamers who plays with a sad face knowing he wont ever make a map, draw a sketch for someones mod, play FF with a smile, or eat cake with a friend. now i dont know if i want to post it.... for all sev knew it could have been some amazing drawing...and now its gone forever just because of what he said
"Personally, I do not particularly care for your sketch of the mini gun."

sigh -_-'

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

to binary for life - yes i guess there will be more cake for me and my friend but when we are full...who will eat the rest... :roll:

o_sev
02-22-2005, 05:52 AM
Well you asked, I just told you how I felt.

o_nomak
02-22-2005, 05:56 AM
well i guess ur rite on telling me how u feel but ur a staff member and that just puts all my hopes down the john for if it were to be EVER even talked about with you staff members on if was a good looking minigun to render. but i guess i jsut wont post things like this ill just go along like everyone else not trying something new

o_sev
02-22-2005, 05:58 AM
but i guess i jsut wont post

Yes, good plan :)

o_nomak
02-22-2005, 06:00 AM
lol :D nah i just wont post stupid things like this i geuss maybe just original ideas for ur needs or... ok fine nothing you win

o_sobe green
02-22-2005, 07:11 AM
I think you should maybe be less worried about what people on the internet think. While they are most of the time the best critic (no bias) in the end there is nothing anyone here says that should effect your overall real world life. If we didn't like your render, it'd mean you needed to work on it. If we did like your render it doesn't mean that it would be included in the game. I've seen tons of very good concept art on these forums. It doesn't mean they are going to be turned into models though now does it?

o_rebo
02-22-2005, 12:24 PM
You were already temped banned once. I do not have any more patience, next obviously stupid/trolling thread and you're perm banned. If you want to be silly, put your posts in Chat not in Suggestions or Mapping forum, that just wastes peoples time.