PDA

View Full Version : BRING BACK BADLANDS!!! :(

o_nuk3m
02-05-2005, 09:50 PM
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BRING BACK BADLANDS!

that is one of my all time favorites!
anyone else feel the same way?
:( :(

o_anthraxium[wu]
02-05-2005, 09:54 PM
the new map UNO seems like its related to badlands a little bit ...

besides if badlands is so popular, someone else will port it over or remake it :)

i want the dev team to work on truely awesome maps :)

o_zer0
02-05-2005, 11:03 PM
Badlands is the best map ever. Please bring her back!!!!! :D

o_don chico
02-06-2005, 12:22 AM
http://www.freewebs.com/sfvalley/badlands2.jpg
http://www.freewebs.com/sfvalley/badlands20021.jpg

It's not that hard to bring an old map to hl2. I just read a tutorial made by sev, and even though I did this before the tutorial, it is similar to what I did. I just did this for fun though, so I'm not going to be releasing it. I'm hoping someone will actually remake it and not just port it over. They should take advantage of the new engine and make it better.

o_sobe green
02-06-2005, 12:26 AM
For some odd reason those links open up the topic in another window...

o_folia
02-06-2005, 01:18 AM
For some odd reason those links open up the topic in another window...

Same for me, hrmm...

Just copy and paste each link into the url bar, if you're using FireFox. Works for most sites that don't allow direct linking as well.

o_azlan
02-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm working on a remake of Badlands right now. should be finished around April.

o_silver
02-07-2005, 07:42 PM
i love badlands :P

o_afx
02-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Badlands is a great map, ruined only from a clan game perspective by the spam pit which vrs an organised defence is next to impossible to get out of.
Id definitely like to see a remake though so gl azlan :)

o_catzeyes93
02-08-2005, 09:27 PM
More pics of maps including badlands... (gawd.. I just looked at this and realized a lot of these screenshots is when I was using software mode!)

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/catzeyes97/tfc/tfcscreenshots/index.html

o_folia
02-08-2005, 10:00 PM
More pics of maps including badlands... (gawd.. I just looked at this and realized a lot of these screenshots is when I was using software mode!)

http://www.angelfire.com/vt2/catzeyes97/tfc/tfcscreenshots/index.html

Thanks a bunch for the link, Catz. Would've helped a lot had people in the other poll thread been able to see shots like these BEFORE casting their votes (though like myself, they probably just googled any map they'd forgotten anyways)...

o_catzeyes93
02-09-2005, 04:16 PM
I gotta update those screenshots tho. :::sigh::: you know what THAT means dont you... that means endless hours of fragging and killing so that I can get some good 'action' shots. I am no director, but I prefer my screenshots to have some blood and gore in them. :wink:

o_-davey-
02-09-2005, 05:55 PM
i REALLY couldnt care less for badlands... there are SO MANY better custom maps out there..

o_don chico
02-09-2005, 11:47 PM
Badlands isn't a custom map, it was released by valve for TFC.

o_schmitty
02-10-2005, 12:17 AM
Point is badlands was a bad map.

o_sobe green
02-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Point is badlands was a bad map.

I disagree. Its hard to cap and defend on. And I like it. Its not a map I want to play 24/7 but I have no major problems with it.

o_geokill----->
02-10-2005, 01:23 AM
I actually like badlands and people say that they don't want it b/c UNo is comming out but is still not the same thing.

Defrag
02-10-2005, 02:45 AM
Uno is nothing like badlands, I'm not sure why people think it is :P (yes I've seen the map file for it.)

Badlands is a fun pub map I guess. I can't really promise anything about which maps will eventually make it.

o_don chico
02-10-2005, 04:14 AM
Uno is nothing like badlands, I'm not sure why people think it is :P (yes I've seen the map file for it.)

I feel the same way. Just by looking at the screenshots I can tell.

o_themaximuspm
02-10-2005, 05:43 PM
I hope FF remake all the classic maps... at least the HL's TF ones ^^
I'll be probably remaking my own TF map(never released) to FF, hehe, and hope comunity make nice maps...

o_damage
02-10-2005, 09:36 PM
The fan in badlands FR should actually be at the bottom blowing upwards with a switch that can be pressed to activate it. When active it would make it hard for the flag to be spammed (as it will be bobbing up and down) but also hard for the offy to grab it.

o_comrade tiki
02-11-2005, 12:30 AM
You seem to have forgotten the passage beneath the flag silo. Not a lot of room to put a fan there... (I once made a map that used a fan to protect the spawns, where the enemy and grenades were drawn upwards, while letting the home-team stay on the ground.)

Badlands is perhaps the most fun map to play in crowded servers. It's fairly attractive for TFC maps, and it is open. Plenty of entrances/exits (4) and plenty of opportunities to flank snipers.

o_morgz
02-11-2005, 10:05 AM
i never liked badland :S

o_nuk3m
02-12-2005, 06:15 PM
can FF move this to general discussion so it can get more views? lol dunno if its the right place, but it might help the community see and understand my idea better. im trying to see how many of us really want you guys to remake badlands =)

o_thedarkone
02-12-2005, 10:31 PM
There's already a thread in another board asking people what map they want to be brought back. Badlands is one of the options- why not just post there?

o_nuk3m
02-13-2005, 03:12 AM
There's already a thread in another board asking people what map they want to be brought back. Badlands is one of the options- why not just post there?

because this is badlands directly. since Badlands practicly won in, http://www.fortress-forever.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=401

Plus i really love badlands, and really want to be able to go on a pub and really have an amazing time playing FF, but on badlands... god what a great map :)

o_nuk3m
02-16-2005, 06:01 PM
lol someone ported badlands and its on the hl2dm engine.. so ugly!

o_stino
04-21-2005, 04:23 PM
i'm going to make a new badlands, you can watch the development at my site: http://sgware.team-fos.com

o_otiz
04-21-2005, 04:51 PM
I think Osiris or Ambex is remaking Badlands...

o_stino
04-21-2005, 06:03 PM
maybe you will find this interesting:
http://sgware.team-fos.com/?p=badlands !!
i've started to remake this map, totaly from scratch
the only thing: don't have fortress forever textures/fgd

o_osiris
04-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Ambex WAS working on Badlands and his map "Amped" but because of a virus lost his Badlands remake and thus, I have taken over. Unlike Stino's Badlands I will be sticking to the classic desert style of the original, with no large changes in layout (except maybe easier flag pit exiting)

o_valk
04-21-2005, 11:28 PM
stino urs is good but its lost the badlands theme
badlands is a canyon ~ desert ~ bright map
urs is dark hl2dm >_>

o_rest in piss
04-22-2005, 12:05 AM
Badlands is a great map. And yes it needs to be bright and sunny.

o_unburdened
04-22-2005, 03:20 AM
maybe you will find this interesting:
http://sgware.team-fos.com/?p=badlands !!
i've started to remake this map, totaly from scratch
the only thing: don't have fortress forever textures/fgd

looks smalls :>

o_ambex
04-22-2005, 12:21 PM
use my badlands remake screenshots for insperation..
if ya need to make something..

o_stino
04-22-2005, 01:34 PM
i'm not yet finished, and i can't create textures (so i took some hl1:source textures from the canyon an putted them in the map)

i has more feeling of a canyon now, but! the texture resolution is bad!!

o_travis dane
04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
There seems to be such a reluctance using a sunny and dusty themes? Uno is just about the only map in which I can recognize the warm TFC climate. I'm almost beginning the fear that HL2 isn't able to reproduce the TFC maps in the same dusty and warm fashion.

o_osiris
04-22-2005, 03:57 PM
just wait for my Warpath release Travis, I dont think you'll be dissapointed :wink:

o_the phenom
04-22-2005, 08:35 PM
Yeah good - I'm no TFC professional but I love maps that have a warm climate to them; same thing with CS also I think.

As for badlands I have a feeling that there may actually be a few re-makes for it, and personally I like the map.

o_racer
04-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Nice work stino, I like your changes alot and dont think, with your skills, tweaking it to be more sunny will be hard. Maybe do 2 versions-
badlands and badlands_dark (or whatever). Not only could you make the lighting different on them, but just a lil change here and there on the layout also. Like when you go, 'I cant decide which way to go', just use one way for the badlands and one version for dark :)

Wow just looked at all the pics again and this pic caught my eye. Looks as good as anything from Half-Life 2. Other than the very top pice of canyon wall clipping as it meets the fortress, its perfection.
http://sgware.team-fos.com/mapinfo/ff_badlandsscrns//blue0005.jpg
l

o_desert_chipmunk
04-23-2005, 04:06 AM
badlands is my fav map bring it back plz plz plz!