PDA

View Full Version : MAP SUGGESTION: 2fort

o_dead--
12-28-2004, 05:44 AM
well... i always liked the classic tfc maps
however IF you guys are planning on faster rockets and such , perhaps a quake style map would fit the profile.

2fort_sg: is basicly a quakeworld fortress version 2fort fitted into hl tfc or steam:tfc.
however its just too big, spiral is way too wide, wouldnt really play nice in todays steam:tfc.
perhaps in the mod the FF team is making - a map with bigger ,wider, more open areas would work out good.

always liked this map, reminds of the old quakeworld days...

http://tfc.wireplay.co.uk/index.php?pg=map&id=45

anywyas, its just a thought really.... you guys know what your doing :>

o_storm
12-28-2004, 01:15 PM
I think you need choke points on maps so soldiers can enjoy spamming medics and medics can enjoy spamming soldiers. No skill kills are all the rage :) Anyhow there are maps with wide spirals so why not have maps with narrow spirals? It's not up to the mod team to define the dimensions of maps its up to mappers. If wide spirals are popular then I am sure they will be crafted into new maps and be played by the masses.

Defrag
12-28-2004, 01:35 PM
QWTF had a different game balance (faster rockets and stuff) so it's only natural that players were given more room in which to dodge. Same goes for q3f. Every TF mod has slightly different characteristics and must adjust its mapping accordingly.

o_dead--
12-28-2004, 09:50 PM
as i mentioned faster rockets, i do hope and expect abit of a different game balance in the tfc mod you guys are making for hl2

thats why i suggested a model for 2fort - bigger,wider
hoping it might give some ideas for other maps and general game style/balance ...

as if u make maps wider you should have faster rockets, bigger gren range radius (though the current radius is quite big - i doubt it will be very effective if anyone tries to play 2fort_sg ), and whatever...

Defrag
12-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Our game dynamics will drive the mapping rather than vice-versa. You'll just have to wait and see what's in store ;)

Loader
06-04-2007, 07:02 PM
/tickle.

Bless your cotton sox.

own3r
06-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Our game dynamics will drive the mapping rather than vice-versa. You'll just have to wait and see what's in store ;)
Let me guess a spiral 32 units wide with helicopters which rail down hell from above, mines at the bottom and an extra thin doorway so if anyone actually gets through that crap they are spamed in the doorway. I love 2fort in TFC its the worst map ever created, I am sure they will replicate it 100%.