PDA

View Full Version : facial expressions

o_medi
02-01-2005, 01:26 PM
sorry to start a new topic on this (as a lot of topics are being made) but after looking at the pyro model I was thinking:
will FF have facial expressions like in hl2?

By that I mean little animations when a model gets hit or something, or like the guy in your HUD in wolfenstein :P I don't know.

I would like the faces of the models to be a bit eh.. alive (facial expressions also being one of the nice things the source engine is capable of imo). This would give the models more character.

I know its not important to gameplay at all but I think it would be a nice little feature to make things more appealing. Sure this would be a lot of work and all but I am just wondering wether this has been discussed or even possible in some way.

o_thegreekgod
02-01-2005, 01:30 PM
i think its kinda one of those pretty cool. pretty pointless ideas. they might put it in but i dont think it will be in lanch. because who is really gonna look at your face....

o_groovyf
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
lol at custom title :E (nicely spotted mods) :D

o_medi
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
u might as well make grenades ugly as hell as I dont see why anyone would stop and take a good look at it (knowing its gonna explode)

o__thursday_
02-01-2005, 01:49 PM
u might as well make grenades ugly as hell as I dont see why anyone would stop and take a good look at it (knowing its gonna explode)

Er no? I mean they may be small, but every little counts. You can not afford to miss the tiniest of things, that, and if they all looked ugly they'd all end up looking near the same. It will also degrade the teams work, think before you speak!

o_thegreekgod
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM

lol. "wow look at those textu-" BOOM!!

o_sobe green
02-01-2005, 01:51 PM
I don't know about everything here, but a few random facial expressions on dead bodies would be kind of neat. Nothing I'd stop living without though.

o_medi
02-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Er no? I mean they may be small, but every little counts. You can not afford to miss the tiniest of things, that, and if they all looked ugly they'd all end up looking near the same. It will also degrade the teams work, think before you speak!

sarcasm

o_binarylife
02-01-2005, 04:09 PM
It would be neat to use the voice effect. As you talk your characters lips look exactly as they should.

o_michael
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
It would be neat to use the voice effect. As you talk your characters lips look exactly as they should.

Yeah that looks great sometimes

Jiggles
02-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Yes, very neat.

Also way, way, way more effort than it's worth :(

o_folia
02-01-2005, 05:13 PM
Errm, perhaps it's because I use the default skins, but if no one's noticed, even TFC has facial expressions (though I only ever notice the HW's, and usually when he's being shot up by another fatty). I'm sure the effort involved is much greater than just a point and click thing, and I too am dying to play FF asap, but I'd HOPE a mod released eons after the game it's modeled for would be able to reproduce something as little as a frame of animation where an HW looks like he's taking a crap, if not improve on it.

Jiggles
02-01-2005, 06:00 PM
Well, doing a few facial expressions would be a bit easier that doing realistic lip-syncing :)

o_|404|innoc-tpf-
02-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Bring in Millie Vanillie...they have some expertise there...

o_silver
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
or the younger simpson

o_mikequist
02-01-2005, 09:10 PM
when they die, make some blood spill out of there mouths as a stream of it comes across their face and onto the ground....lol jk