PDA

View Full Version : whats the word on the production?

o_thegreekgod
02-01-2005, 12:33 PM
im just wondering where you guys are at in the production. like what are you working on and whatnot?

o_bwnzor_the_pwnz0r
02-01-2005, 12:48 PM
they're working on fortress forever

o_thegreekgod
02-01-2005, 12:55 PM
that was so funny. i laughed. then shot a bird. then shot another one. thanks to you. 2 birds are dead. and im a murderer.

good posting. jerk.

o_jerm
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
If you took some time to read the site you would see that

The Frag Gren is done
Despenser Done
Sentry needs to be skilled
Emp Done
Pyro Needs to be skinned
Conc Done
SD2 - Getting Somewhere
Uno - Getting somewhere
Source - Working on the speed and movement part at the moment

Take some time, read the site, then ask questions

o_qbaler
02-01-2005, 01:32 PM
the word, and i think schtoofa is behind me on this, is "tomato". That is the current stage of production and the word of their progress!

also they are working mostly on getting all of the grenade models out of the way... if you couldnt tell already

o_thegreekgod
02-01-2005, 01:52 PM
1st off all the things you said are basicly just renders. ive read through the whole site now. im just wondering what they are working on its kinda apparent that the pyro needs to be skinned and what not. that has nothing to do with reading the site. that has to do with looking at a unskinned render and saying. "wow he dosent have any skin..."

i just want to know what point they are at in making there game. im just looking for a little info thats not on the site.

o_sethmace
02-01-2005, 02:52 PM
Its hard to know based on the info on the webpage because they are staggering the news. They probably have a number of things complete, they just aint posted details.

Anyway, i cant imagine the game being released for another year?

o_storm
02-01-2005, 03:04 PM
Everything you have asked in all your posts has already been answered on these forums. Next time you have so many questions stick them in one post, otherewise you are heading toward being the first FF banned forum user :P

schtoofa
02-01-2005, 03:16 PM
Everything you have asked in all your posts has already been answered on these forums. Next time you have so many questions stick them in one post, otherewise you are heading toward being the first FF banned forum user :P

There's one already hehe. Some nitwit was posting dumb messages but we were fast to act ;)

And TheGreekGod: we're doing a little bit of everything. We're way ahead as far as sounds go (thanks to Ghroth). Every mapper we have is working on at least one if not more maps. Various models are being created / skinned. Some models have been integrated into the game along with corresponding sounds. Concept art is flowing... Various health/armor/speed systems have been coded etc etc etc. :) Hope this helps.

o_sethmace
02-01-2005, 03:46 PM
schtoofa do you dare give a rough, guess, opinionated estimate when first beta will be released?:D

o_gritty
02-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Youll be lucky sethmace :lol: though i get the feeling that the first beta wont take as long as people might expect :wink:

Wireplay/ =42= planetarion ring any bells btw?

o_binarylife
02-01-2005, 03:56 PM
So basically you want a little windows upgrade bar that lets you know of the progress. There's a lot that goes into this thing, there is no progress level. They're compeleting many things at a reasonable pace. That's all there is to know.
Just keep coming back and checking these updates and you'll be fine. What's done is what's posted. You looked at the pyros model and noticed it doesn't have skin... then you're question's been answered.

o_sethmace
02-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Youll be lucky sethmace :lol: though i get the feeling that the first beta wont take as long as people might expect :wink:

Wireplay/ =42= planetarion ring any bells btw?

Yus it does;D

-=42=- kinder lives on in some fashion (altho not under that name).. it's a long story:P

Jiggles
02-01-2005, 06:04 PM
schtoofa do you dare give a rough, guess, opinionated estimate when first beta will be released?:D

Insert stock ID Software response. :)

Seriously though, even a rough guess at this point would probably be too inaccurate to be useful. I suppose they could say "next year" :)

schtoofa
02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
I feel like a gimp saying this...

I don't have a rough estimate for you guys yet :( I don't want to disappoint anyone, but if I do get an estimate I'll be sure to let it be known.

o_|404|innoc-tpf-
02-01-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Schtoofa,

Why not use the Stock George Broussard response when asked about Duke Nukem Forever?

"When it's done..."

o_silver
02-01-2005, 07:32 PM
or u could go for the halo2 response and tattoo it on your arm

o_sidius
02-01-2005, 08:34 PM
or u could go for the halo2 response and tattoo it on your arm

LOL at that

o_groovyf
02-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Or employ the Iraqi Minister For (dis)Information...

"The Infidels are nowhere near finishing Fortress Forever, and there is no web site"

o_silver
02-01-2005, 09:00 PM
"there is no fortress and it will be forever"

o_mikequist
02-01-2005, 09:17 PM
i heard the word "sounds"

i demand media. lol hehe. what i would give to hear "you have the enemy flag"

o_koron
02-02-2005, 02:32 AM
Hi Schtoofa,

Why not use the Stock George Broussard response when asked about Duke Nukem Forever?

"When it's done..."I'd like to see the mod come out before Half-Life IV.

PHISH
02-02-2005, 02:41 AM
I feel like a gimp saying this...

I don't have a rough estimate for you guys yet :( I don't want to disappoint anyone, but if I do get an estimate I'll be sure to let it be known.
I expect a gantt chart and network diagram highlighting the critical path you project manager impersonator!

o_lithium
02-02-2005, 03:13 AM
1st off all the things you said are basicly just renders. ive read through the whole site now. im just wondering what they are working on its kinda apparent that the pyro needs to be skinned and what not. that has nothing to do with reading the site. that has to do with looking at a unskinned render and saying. "wow he dosent have any skin..."

i just want to know what point they are at in making there game. im just looking for a little info thats not on the site.

Well , i'll get rought on you and call you a stupid idiot. Let them work , they are working to please hungry fans like you and me , if you have any other bright ideas like posting this crap , i suggest to restrain from doing it.

Dospac
02-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Seriously though, even a rough guess at this point would probably be too inaccurate to be useful. I suppose they could say "next year" :)

More than likely this year. :)

o_sobe green
02-02-2005, 10:28 AM

*crosses fingers*

o_silver
02-02-2005, 04:17 PM

fo shizzel!

o_anthraxium[wu]
02-02-2005, 07:12 PM

w00t :D

o_lithium
02-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Oh well , it's not like TF2 is coming out anytime soon either ,
eh.

o_eat
02-02-2005, 10:12 PM
This week I have been mainly working on... ff_uno!

o_lithium
02-02-2005, 10:12 PM
OMGZ YAYZ!!!