PDA

View Full Version : 2fort suggestion

o_scorpio
01-31-2005, 06:56 AM
I personally thing 2fort needs to be a bit bigger, more like the ETF 2fort, it needs to be more spaced/bigger rooms, I think this would give the offense a decent chance and pulling some caps.

o_sobe green
01-31-2005, 08:03 AM
To me thats what made the TFC 2fort, 2fort. It has some hard choke points. If you can't conc well, you'll have a hard time getting past heavy defense. It is a challenge in both pubs and matches. If you give it room and eliminate the choke points you just get a crazy cap fest...maybe. I never played what your talking about so I may just be insane...most likely am. :shock:

o_anthraxium[wu]
01-31-2005, 08:09 AM
To me thats what made the TFC 2fort, 2fort. It has some hard choke points. If you can't conc well, you'll have a hard time getting past heavy defense. It is a challenge in both pubs and matches. If you give it room and eliminate the choke points you just get a crazy cap fest...maybe. I never played what your talking about so I may just be insane...most likely am. :shock:

i feel the same way ... keep it basically the same ... dont expand it :D

o_scorpio
01-31-2005, 08:21 AM
There isn't more than one choke point, the map itself is a choke point, everywhere you, you're fucked, and even if you're good with concs they dont do much good in the inclosure.

o_sobe green
01-31-2005, 08:41 AM
There isn't more than one choke point, the map itself is a choke point, everywhere you, you're fucked, and even if you're good with concs they dont do much good in the inclosure.

Exactly what I mean, its hard. Changing 2fort too much would be like changing de_dust in CS. Too much of a change and it just isn't the same map. If it would be possible to change it without taking away the playability of it I'm for it. But I'm afraid it'd probably change it too much if you gave more room to conc than you have now.

o_johnnyp
01-31-2005, 08:54 AM
I think it is easy to cap on it, if offense cant do it, then the opponents' def is just better
however I prefer 2fort for 2kfort4, just add no-build for spawns:]

o_morgz
01-31-2005, 03:21 PM
I quite like attackin on 2fort, i think a minor increase to the supply and gren bags return time wud make it more fun to attack (o and the removal of teleports which do there best to cripple 2fort)

on public servers its either a n00b fest or everyone goes D and u have 5-3 setups and everyone quits.

o_kungfujv
01-31-2005, 03:28 PM
way off topic but...how do the teleporters cripple? if used on O the D should take pleasure in destroying their teleporter exit. if used on D just destroy the exit as you run by it or something...i nvr saw it as that crippling in a game..

o_ekim
01-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Wrong forum :P

One change I would suggest would be making the water route much faster than it is. The only time it's currently used it when stuck in the midmap water. If it provided a much faster route to bypass the front door and get to the ramp room area it might actually get used in matches to bypass spam at front door or get behind defenders if the flag is being held at front door. As it is, you're always better just going front door / balc rather than wasting fifteen/twenty seconds(the avergae time of an attack run?) going through the water route.

Currently, water route is useless. Why include something useless in a map? Either fix it to make it useful, or get rid of it and put ladders to get out of midmap water.

o_bullurine
02-01-2005, 02:55 AM

One change I would suggest would be making the water route much faster than it is. The only time it's currently used it when stuck in the midmap water. If it provided a much faster route to bypass the front door and get to the ramp room area it might actually get used in matches to bypass spam at front door or get behind defenders if the flag is being held at front door. As it is, you're always better just going front door / balc rather than wasting fifteen/twenty seconds(the avergae time of an attack run?) going through the water route.

Currently, water route is useless. Why include something useless in a map? Either fix it to make it useful, or get rid of it and put ladders to get out of midmap water.

ladder i think would be the best idea for the midmap water. 80% of the time i get conced into the water or some other way so i have to go ALL the way down the route just to get out.

o_sobe green
02-01-2005, 03:03 AM

ladder i think would be the best idea for the midmap water. 80% of the time i get conced into the water or some other way so i have to go ALL the way down the route just to get out.

Even worse when you fall in and have an HW jump in with you. :( I'm all for a ladder.

o_bullurine
02-01-2005, 03:08 AM

Even worse when you fall in and have an HW jump in with you. :( I'm all for a ladder.

once they see someone fall in its like shotting fish in a barrel :roll:

o_vertical
02-01-2005, 03:11 AM
I also hate the water, I think ladders in the water would be nice, but people would just same the top waiting for you to climb up, and as much spam as there can be on that bridge, I think the best idea (assuming you change anything at all) would be to re-route the water to a closer location (perhaps the room to the right of the entrance?) it would be alot closer and allow you to bypass the spam area, and at the same time only lead you right past the front door so not to really mess with the gameplay. Anywho, I do dislike the way the water is currently, and if you keep it how it is a ladder would be nice. (But cutting off the underwater route and then adding a ladder wouldn't be very good imo)

o_bullurine
02-01-2005, 03:22 AM
I also hate the water, I think ladders in the water would be nice, but people would just same the top waiting for you to climb up, and as much spam as there can be on that bridge, I think the best idea (assuming you change anything at all) would be to re-route the water to a closer location (perhaps the room to the right of the entrance?) it would be alot closer and allow you to bypass the spam area, and at the same time only lead you right past the front door so not to really mess with the gameplay. Anywho, I do dislike the way the water is currently, and if you keep it how it is a ladder would be nice. (But cutting off the underwater route and then adding a ladder wouldn't be very good imo)

2fort is THE team fortress map. so many people play this map and if it gets chanegd too much people may not like it. i say keep it almost exactly the same, just add the ladders for us poor victims of concs, rockets, and our own stupidity :P

o_vertical
02-01-2005, 03:34 AM
Yeah I agree, and even though I hate the water (just because if you actually take the water route, it takes a long time to get back up to the fort) I don't have a "problem" with it because I can just rocket jump back out of it. And if I have too low of health, I just kill myself ;) I don't care about my score normally, I'm just there to help the team cap the flag.

o_thefinn
02-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Please don't change 2Fort one single bit. The map is perfect as it is.

o_ohcanep
02-01-2005, 02:20 PM
The water route is useless indeed, that's why I nowadays end up looking at my own nade in the pool, if I don't have concs or something else to fly up to the battlements with.

o_zsleek7
02-02-2005, 12:36 AM
This might be a bit old school, but I'd like to be able to rj/conc/pj over those damn barriers again like pre 1.5 tfc. The barriers that I am referring to are the ones that are on the sides of the battleelements that block your vision when you exit from the respawns.

o_damage
02-02-2005, 02:14 AM
I used to love standing on top of those barrier things and killing those that came out of the respawn :P

o_elvis2049
02-02-2005, 05:49 PM
my opinion about 2fort (in clanstyle) is that ist 2 narrow.
almost noplace te conc or rus past a def.
so the wins of that map is mostly 10-0
any other score is just when 1 of the other clans is way better.
so making it a little wider makes it just a bit more esyer evaiding the spam......
dont get me wrong with making the whole map allot bigger,
just the spiral about half wider and the lift acces (bottom) half would make a great difference

o_ekim
02-02-2005, 07:15 PM
Wait, I've got it! Make the new version like 2kfort4, but with a better water route, and actually using some light entities this time.