PDA

View Full Version : [WIP check] Making a remake of my never finished HL1 TFC map

o_anonymous
01-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Hey,
im doing a remake of my TFC oldskool map which i never finished since i stopped playing TFC clanwise so i didnt bother continuing with the map but im very interested in restarting for Fortress-Forever so im remaking the map atm and i got the flagroom somewhat done roughly, only need the new textures (soon i hope), and the entitys like flags etc..

im also gone do some detail tweaks n bsp cleanups while i already saved out 400 polygons already by doing some minor tweaks

HERE (http://users.pandora.be/hlmaster/ff_fortresseurope) are the screens and give me some feedback plz

and THESE (http://users.pandora.be/hlmaster/FortressEurope) are the screens of the TFC version, but i will be redoing most.. lets say all of it except flagroom :p (keeping some design features though)

o_epothon
01-26-2005, 05:35 PM
Doh wasnt logged in :p ok so that was a post by me sorry ;)

o_michael
01-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Yeah looks very nice mate ;) i dont know much about map making ext but i think the hl2 ver would look a little better if it was lighter

o_epothon
01-26-2005, 08:55 PM
still doing a lot of tweaks on the lighting and iv already changed the wall lighting and i added lights in the water aswell and might increase the lights on the beamers across aswell .. itll be trial and error :p

o_ghroth
01-26-2005, 09:04 PM
possibly open up the flagroom with some skylights and or open celing or walls maybe add some metal grating over that

o_cruor
01-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Looks great especially the subterrainian parts of it and even more so when sourcified. My only contructive critisism would be that the midyard looks an awful lot like the 2fort one even if the map is totally different otherwise that detail still bothers me.

I would perhaps add something to the sides of that midyard, I don't know what though but some details there instead of just walls.

Otherwise awsome :D

Defrag
01-27-2005, 09:42 AM
I remember that map -- its main problem was there were very large open areas without much to break up the gameplay -- the FR especially was too open plan. It looks cool so far but imo you should consider redesigning parts of it :)

o_shaolin
01-27-2005, 10:05 AM
I was going to chip in and add what Debaff said. I really like the look and style of it, especially the flag placement on bridge, but it's a massive FR. I would suggest scaling it down a bit because it looks like a nightmare to defend - a big open room with no choke points.
I would estimate that it's so big that an SG would not have the range to cover the room.
My only comment would be the scale I guess - it's just too big!
I do like the architecture and especially the water bridge thing :D

o_elvis2049
01-27-2005, 05:37 PM
nice map m8.
lets hope the ff team makes it 1 of the standard mod maps :D

o_epothon
01-27-2005, 07:44 PM
thanks for the good feedback.. i might accualy change the flagroom, make it a bit smaller and with better walkable distances, but it would be so much easier with the mod so i could test the effects n stuff like the SG range

but anyway im gone downsize it and i will redesign most of the rest of the map aswell, give it more of a mix of 2fort spiral down to fr and the SD2 type ramp will remain but ill make it bigger and better :p great for concjumping

ill make it kick ass ;)

gone start from scratch again now :p

o_lillbrorsan
01-31-2005, 10:00 AM
Looks ok but....details my friend and your friend :)