PDA

View Full Version : With the source code...

o_nuk3m
01-22-2005, 02:01 AM
with the source code the way it is, how will it be possibly to duplicate-or at least make similar- the physics of original TFC,(like rocket jumping, concing etc) :) sry im a newb but i am going to start posting here

o_laozi2
01-22-2005, 02:06 AM
how could it hurt? is not a blast of explosive force not enough to launch you up onto the enemy battlements? lets just hope the coding and physics engine dont try to have gay sex, that would be bad

o_zorro
01-22-2005, 02:17 AM
im pretty sure they are able to edit all that however they want, put how much force it will propell you and how much damage it will do to you.. they can probibly just toy with it untill it looks pretty close to tfc, or however they want it.

o_espionagedb7
01-22-2005, 02:46 AM
They can probably manipulate and apply the physics where ever needed.

o_eat
01-22-2005, 03:49 AM
Lets just say if it wasn't possible we wouldn't be making this mod ;)

o_billdoor
01-22-2005, 09:17 AM
The movement physicsof HL2 are almost unchanged from HL1. Valve knew that they were on to a good thing with their player physics, so they just copied a lot of the code over and updated it for the new engine so that they didn't break any of the stuff people love so much.

o_sh4x
01-22-2005, 08:09 PM
I'd give my last doritos to see how you change the source code to suit tfc movements. Seriously.

o_spud
01-23-2005, 02:20 PM
The movement physicsof HL2 are almost unchanged from HL1. Valve knew that they were on to a good thing with their player physics, so they just copied a lot of the code over and updated it for the new engine so that they didn't break any of the stuff people love so much.

I take it that the air movement feels so limited in hl2 only due to VAVLe putting in some more restricting variables so as to keep the feel of the game more realistic. I also presume that these variables are all present and easy to configure to emulate the feel of TFC as required?

o_sobe green
01-24-2005, 07:46 AM
I wouldn't think it would be that hard really. Look at the physics in HL2, HL2DM, and CS:S. There are some seriously significant physic changes in there. Just don't try rocket jumping in HL2 or Deathmatch :D

o_anshinritsumai
01-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't think it would be that hard really. Look at the physics in HL2, HL2DM, and CS:S. There are some seriously significant physic changes in there. Just don't try rocket jumping in HL2 or Deathmatch :D

Bah, you should have said that earlier, I've done that along time ago :D

It works to say the least, it just eliminates 98% of your health and kills you when you hit the ground, or so it has in my experiences :(

o_the_decoy
01-24-2005, 01:00 PM
I'm just imagining in my mind the extreme amounts of laughter that I will have at spamming the nme battlements of 2fort with grenades and seeing the two pesky snipers flop over the edge with the ragdoll physics. Also, I wonder if they can add gibbing back into the game. I was saddened in hl2 when I realized that I couldn't gib head crabs and zombies anymore.
Also, as in HL1, almost every variable is editable for modders. This includes airspeeds, actual movement speeds, etc. Also, in HL2 they now have physics properties that can be edited and adjusted to create exactly the feel that you see fit. I think it will most likely take a little test and guess work, but I'm pretty sure they should be able to create TFC-like physics without too much of a problem.