PDA

View Full Version : [Released] - Evolution The Movie

Mase
06-11-2009, 05:03 PM
Size - 542 MB
Format - MP4
Length - 12:51

Host: ftp://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/games/halflife2/mods/fortressforever/promote/Evolution.mp4

Stream - http://www.vimeo.com/5124787
- Evolution - YouTube
Codec - http://www.free-codecs.com/ffdshow_download.htm

Thx. to Rawh !

oTTo
06-11-2009, 05:08 PM
Dling.

fishBurger
06-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Same. Nice use of the green arrow to attract attention.

KubeDawg
06-11-2009, 07:17 PM
You have a streaming version of this?

Mase
06-11-2009, 07:29 PM

Soon there will be one, stick with the download its better then a stream tbh

squeek.
06-11-2009, 07:59 PM
I liked the editing a lot. Great video overall. Constant slow-motion was an interesting choice, but I'm not sure it worked for the whole video. I'd have liked to see it only in one segment (the opening one, because it fit with the music).

The quality of plays wasn't astounding, but it was enjoyable to watch.

Mase
06-12-2009, 04:21 AM
I liked the editing a lot. Great video overall. Constant slow-motion was an interesting choice, but I'm not sure it worked for the whole video. I'd have liked to see it only in one segment (the opening one, because it fit with the music).

The quality of plays wasn't astounding, but it was enjoyable to watch.

Indeed it was slow motion, its becouse my uncompressed source was @ 20 FPS and I recorded in-game @ +/- 65 / 75 FPS

Next time it will be fixed ;)

Jester
06-12-2009, 05:28 AM

s0undch4s3r
06-12-2009, 07:30 AM
HD
Metallica.
Great Action.

9/10

Mase
06-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Look @ post 5 ..

Mase
06-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Jester look @ post 5

Mase
06-12-2009, 10:22 AM
HD
Metallica.
Great Action.

9/10

For me it is a 6/10 I could have done much beter tbh, but thx it is apriciated ;) respect

BlisTer
06-12-2009, 11:09 AM
my VLC cant play it properly.. suggestions?

Mase
06-12-2009, 02:58 PM
my VLC cant play it properly.. suggestions?

http://www.free-codecs.com/ffdshow_download.htm maybe this one will work

Jester
06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
Soon there will be one
How soon is soon?

ryu^
06-12-2009, 06:38 PM
nice one mase, you beat me to releasing hehe

oh and its a lot clearer now than watching that youtube stream.

Mase
06-12-2009, 07:22 PM
How soon is soon?

Now ? :p greets

Mase
06-12-2009, 07:25 PM
nice one mase, you beat me to releasing hehe

oh and its a lot clearer now than watching that youtube stream.

Yes ;) Looking forward to see your one (whish is awesome), going to learn adobe aftereffects, so the next one will be better and also I will work on my conversion in FPS so its smoother and not all in slow motion ...

Thx. Greets

MonoXideAtWork
06-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I LOVED IT! The concept was great, and I thought it worked very well!

For future videos, quick flythroughs of the maps would allow players who have never played FF or TFC to have a better understanding of the action. Another addition would be a hud icon to display that the player has the flag, or an audio clip informing the viewers that the player has the flag.

I loved the switch to 3rd person when the flag was picked up by the scout! The medic runs were just what I want to see, get the flag into a good position, and WRECK FUCKING FACE!

Great video. Please update us when you have released a version on youtube that you want to promote, I'll favorite/rate/subscribe. Thanks.

Mase
06-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I LOVED IT! The concept was great, and I thought it worked very well!

For future videos, quick flythroughs of the maps would allow players who have never played FF or TFC to have a better understanding of the action. Another addition would be a hud icon to display that the player has the flag, or an audio clip informing the viewers that the player has the flag.

I loved the switch to 3rd person when the flag was picked up by the scout! The medic runs were just what I want to see, get the flag into a good position, and WRECK FUCKING FACE!

Great video. Please update us when you have released a version on youtube that you want to promote, I'll favorite/rate/subscribe. Thanks.

Indeed it would be interesting to have a quick flythrough of the diferent maps so new players can be introduced to the game and the unique action. The flag hud icon and the standard sound was beeing thought of but not yet implimented, in the next movie it will be taken in to account. Probably the 3rd person vieuw will be a great adition but its only posible to record it without markings in a demo captured in 3rd person vieuw.

Youtube is atm an issue becouse it does not support a video that has a length of + 10 minutes so that will be for the next release (or if you have or someone else has a way to fix this it would be great).

The next movie will be a combination of all the most played CTF FF maps played in pickups and wars. The classes Soldier, Demo (defence) and Medic, Scout (offence) will be used for the main actions.

Probably it will be finished next month or in 2 months (no exact date yet).

I also want to promote another great movie whish will be released soon, where all the aspects you mentioned above are implemented. It is the epic introduction movie of Ryu, im looking forward to it (The previeuws where awesome !)

Thx. for your interest, ill keep you informed of upcoming updates.

Greets

MonoXideAtWork
06-13-2009, 12:03 AM
The flag hud icon and the standard sound was beeing thought of but not yet implimented, in the next movie it will be taken in to account. Conc'ed media's POTM had this, and it really had great effect on being able to convey what was going on. I believe it was just a an image imposed on the video, but it worked.

Youtube is atm an issue becouse it does not support a video that has a length of + 10 minutes so that will be for the next release (or if you have or someone else has a way to fix this it would be great). Uploading it in segments, with links to all the segments in the sidebar could work, no?

KubeDawg
06-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Fantastic job. I was like Whoa, Make me [BAD] 2.0!? I want to see more videos with this type of great video editing. And although I would've liked to see more transitions from slow mo to high speed, I think this can be a lesson to those wanting to make their own videos.

Great work! I hope to see more videos from you soon!

Paft
06-13-2009, 08:28 PM
my VLC cant play it properly.. suggestions?MPC HC (http://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/)! Or CCCP with MPC HC (http://cccp-project.net/). VLC is so slow at responding. It even delays when I hit Space - pause/play for me.

Downloading vid. Comment later.

Paft
06-13-2009, 08:45 PM
An enjoyable watch. Well done.

Mase
06-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Fantastic job. I was like Whoa, Make me [BAD] 2.0!? I want to see more videos with this type of great video editing. And although I would've liked to see more transitions from slow mo to high speed, I think this can be a lesson to those wanting to make their own videos.

Great work! I hope to see more videos from you soon!

Comming soon (2 - 3 months)

guy
06-15-2009, 08:37 PM
Nice one mase will watch now :)

AfterShock
06-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Watched on the vimeo stream, very nice :)

Slowmo didnt bother me and I thought it was fab allround.

I actually wouldn't have minded it being a little shorter, and maybe yeah you could have cut a few of the "lesser" clips but yeah it was still good.

GJ :)

Mase
06-16-2009, 07:40 AM
Watched on the vimeo stream, very nice :)

Slowmo didnt bother me and I thought it was fab allround.

I actually wouldn't have minded it being a little shorter, and maybe yeah you could have cut a few of the "lesser" clips but yeah it was still good.

GJ :)

I thought about 7 minutes (Less then 400 MB) with short actions, without beeing blocked by walls or models (it needs to be smoother I think). Also I thought about a new concept for example "1000 Killz, 20 Gamerz, 8 Countries(Belgium, US, UK, Sweden, Turkey, France, Germany, The Netherlands, ..", each time a new gamer footage is seen ill mention the name and the flag of the country ?

Thx.

Elmo
06-16-2009, 08:18 AM
would be good to show the spread of FF through the countries that way :p shows we may be a small community for now but the coverage of this game is quite vast.

MonoXideAtWork
06-17-2009, 04:34 PM
I thought about 7 minutes (Less then 400 MB) with short actions, without beeing blocked by walls or models (it needs to be smoother I think). Also I thought about a new concept for example "1000 Killz, 20 Gamerz, 8 Countries(Belgium, US, UK, Sweden, Turkey, France, Germany, The Netherlands, ..", each time a new gamer footage is seen ill mention the name and the flag of the country ?

Thx.

Sounds great! Except for the illiterate z at the end of killz.

One thing that own-age does with his videos, is the name of the player is superimposed in the bottom left of all his clips. He also uses the top right for match and map info, I always found that very helpful.

Mase
06-17-2009, 05:26 PM

One thing that own-age does with his videos, is the name of the player is superimposed in the bottom left of all his clips. He also uses the top right for match and map info, I always found that very helpful.

Why are you talking in the third person :D anyway ;) I think its ok to also put the map and match name :)

Thx

MonoXideAtWork
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Why are you talking in the third person :D anyway ;) I think its ok to also put the map and match name :)

Thx

Because I am monoxide, not own-age. check out some of his videos, specifically Annihilation, for examples of what I'm referring to.

Mase
06-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Because I am monoxide, not own-age. check out some of his videos, specifically Annihilation, for examples of what I'm referring to.

Have no clue what you mean there, its like you are that beast from Lord Of The Rings :D

Elmo
06-18-2009, 10:27 AM
mase has now confused me too

Lateralols`
06-19-2009, 05:26 PM
own-age was a quake 3 movie maker, and you should note his alias because Annihilation is the top downloaded video from www.own-age.com, and was quite a good one as well. Annihilation isn't what you'd expect from q3a nowadays, post Get Quaked 3 and shit, but for its time it was extremely well done.

EDIT: Apparently own-age.com is down :[
Annihilation 1/3
Annihilation 2/3
Annihilation 3/3

Mase
06-24-2009, 08:53 AM
own-age was a quake 3 movie maker, and you should note his alias because Annihilation is the top downloaded video from www.own-age.com, and was quite a good one as well. Annihilation isn't what you'd expect from q3a nowadays, post Get Quaked 3 and shit, but for its time it was extremely well done.

EDIT: Apparently own-age.com is down :[
Annihilation 1/3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDtxQM94aZY&feature=channel)
Annihilation 2/3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI-WaMsKmlI&feature=channel)
Annihilation 3/3 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5P-vUWYO1hA&feature=channel)

Impresive Movie, like you see it is not easy to make a movie ( 120 hours of work, where you need to have patience to make those frames ...)

MonoXideAtWork
06-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Oh yeah, definitely! That's why we're rallying support around you, cause we value these videos.

lordpain
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Very nice work :D

wakka
08-05-2009, 12:41 PM
Well I noticed you have certainly watched make me [BAD] :p

classic movie however, and I liked the idea of yours :)

bokko
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
What do u meanz?! Wordz with z r teh win

traxamillion
08-19-2009, 07:32 AM
hey great avi mase i enjoyed it!!! hopefully i'll have an avi someday as good as yours :) keep it up

RocKwell
08-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Pretty good video with lots of action. Is the downloadable version as choppy, though? It was a bit much after five minutes :(.

Good song choices. Interesting piece of info - the first song you hear, Path by Apocalyptica, was in the movie Make me [BAD]. The difference is this is the version with Sandra Nasic, singer of the Guano Apes, the band that also had a song in Open Your Mind. You see? TFC just wasn't a great game, it introduced me to bands I still listen to today!

Elmo
08-19-2009, 04:08 PM
lol same with me and Apocalyptica and Guano Apes... been listening to them for years now thanks to those vids... same with some Biohazard song but I haven't listened to them for quite a while

ryu^
08-19-2009, 04:52 PM
me too ;p

Mase
08-31-2009, 04:07 PM
Was intented to give that feeling ;) be back soon

Mase
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Check this out !