PDA

View Full Version : No Bios

Mooga
10-28-2008, 06:41 AM
I tried to update my BIOs because I was having a lot of issues between my bios and ram and now it doesn't post.

The error message on the MOBO's error display changes each time but tends to show a memory issue. Does that mean the BIOs can't start with bad ram?

Innoc
10-28-2008, 11:26 PM
I tried to update my BIOs because I was having a lot of issues between my bios and ram and now it doesn't post.

The error message on the MOBO's error display changes each time but tends to show a memory issue. Does that mean the BIOs can't start with bad ram?
BIOS can't start with bad Ram...but....

If you system was otherwise fine before the flash and is not fine now...I'd look at what changed...the BIOS. You could have a corrupted BIOS. Have you tried clearing the RTC and resetting BIOS settings to default? You may have a motherboard that will need to be RMA'ed.

Mooga
10-29-2008, 01:40 AM
I poped out the cmos, still no bios.
I tried to pull the ramm, and the mobo just beeped like mad.
I'm going to call EVGA now... I've been told they are good about this :-\

v3rtigo
10-29-2008, 10:45 AM
Sounds like your BIOS update didn't do much good, or the update failed and killed your board. Anyway, I doubt you will find an easy solution for this.

Mooga
10-29-2008, 07:30 PM
Ended up the mobo is giving a Ram Error.
So I'm trying to get the Ram replaced.

I did notice odd things with my ram usage being high or not leveling out... so it makes sence that this is an issue. I just hope that OCZ doesn't fuck me over saying that it's a mobo issue.

v3rtigo
10-29-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you have any compatible memory lying around so you can confirm that it is indeed your ram that is faulty?

Mooga
10-29-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't have any spare DDR2 RAM.
However OCZ said they are shipping my RAM now :)
I think I have to pay for my own shipping back though :(

Mulchman MM
10-30-2008, 07:49 PM
do you just have 1 stick of ram or something? if you have several, try putting each one in dimm 1 (or 0 if your board starts them @ 0) and seeing if you have any errors. it may just be one stick is bad and the others are fine.

Mooga
10-31-2008, 05:19 AM
do you just have 1 stick of ram or something? if you have several, try putting each one in dimm 1 (or 0 if your board starts them @ 0) and seeing if you have any errors. it may just be one stick is bad and the others are fine.
Tried all that too :)
Tried with one stick in the first slot and then the other.
Both times I get a ram error... although sometimes it's a slightly different error 9but still ram).

Mooga
11-12-2008, 06:00 PM
So... OCZ got my Ram on friday and still hasn't sent me my new ram back.
After calling and bitching to them, they FINALLY found the correct ram and are overnighting it!

While I'm glad they are finally sending me the ram, I'm still not very pleased with the company. The phone numbers on their website are all wrong, and they first tried to send me cheaper Ram as a replacment!

Mooga
11-14-2008, 02:08 AM
I got the new ram, no luck.
So I moved the ram to different slots as recomended.
I then pulled the power and cmos for about 20 min. Re-pluged everything and it booted to bio. I then re-set everything to default and then manually re-set the settings for the ram.

Working! (for now)

Etzell
01-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Awwwe... Mooga has a fwiend.

Sh4x
01-02-2009, 01:56 AM
You might wanna check this (http://www.memtest.org/) out next time. It's a ISO file you burn on a CD, then you boot on it and it runs tests on your ram. Of course you need to have access to another PC to make the CD in the first place but who doesn't have access to a second PC these days, be it your mom's or your friend's.

Anyways, I always use this program and it really helps confirming a ram problem or not.

Mooga
01-03-2009, 03:25 AM
You can't boot to a CD without BIOs ;)

Innoc
01-03-2009, 04:14 AM
You can't boot to a CD without BIOs ;)

Sure you can...you just have to pretend to see the results... :lol: