PDA

View Full Version : [REQUEST] Conc sprite effect similar to that of TFC's

KubeDawg
10-13-2008, 07:38 AM
TFC's concing sprite was a circular bar that expanded outward and contracted inward.

I was wanting to know if there was a way to make something similar for FF concs, except instead of using a circular bar, it would be a spherical effect that would effectively go from the size of the conc to the current size of the conc explosion, then back down again to nothing.

So it would expand, then contract.

The way I think it works right now is the conc effect just goes to that big sphere, then does a fisheye effect, then disappears by fading away.

Sorry if I didn't explain this better, it's difficult to do so. I've gotten the ability to edit the actual texture for each conc, but that texture is the same size the whole time, and just fades away instead of expanding/contracting like in TFC.

squeek.
10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
I believe the conc effect is a shader controlled purely by the source code. There's nothing you can do to customize it (for now?).

KubeDawg
10-14-2008, 03:45 PM
Didn't a previous version of FF have a different conc effect?

Jester
10-14-2008, 06:26 PM
No

Circuitous
10-14-2008, 09:32 PM
The early beta did (it was similar to the current, plus a big white dust ring that exploded around it at ground-level, a particle-based replica of the TFC style explosion), but it didn't make it to release.

KubeDawg
10-14-2008, 09:38 PM
The early beta did (it was similar to the current, plus a big white dust ring that exploded around it at ground-level, a particle-based replica of the TFC style explosion), but it didn't make it to release.

Is there a way to change the effect entirely, replacing it with a custom effect? Not alter the current one, but just simply replace it?

squeek.
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Is there a way to change the effect entirely, replacing it with a custom effect? Not alter the current one, but just simply replace it?
If you have access to the source code and release your own version of FF, then yes.

If you haven't gotten it by now, the conc effect is not customizable. Period.