PDA

View Full Version : Need software cracks? Check in with ASUS..

Innoc
09-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Someone is about to get royally owned.... :lol:

Article Link (http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/224892/asus-ships-software-cracker-on-recovery-dvd.html)

Asus is accidentally shipping software crackers and confidential documents on the recovery DVDs that come with its laptops.

The startling discovery was made by a PC Pro reader whose antivirus software was triggered by a key cracker for the WinRAR compression software, which was located on the recovery DVD for his Asus laptop.

He discovered a number of other suspicious files, including:

* A directory called "Crack" that appears to contain serial numbers for other software packages

* A directory containing a large number of confidential Microsoft documents for PC manufacturers, including associated keys and program files

* Various internal Asus documents and source code for Asus software

The reader sent the disc to PC Pro, and we can confirm the existence of such files.

Adamido
09-17-2008, 05:11 PM
Wow :shock: .
It's time to start using ASUS :twisted:

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
09-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Ghaha, naughty asus, naughty!

GambiT
09-18-2008, 09:09 PM
my mother board is an Asus.

lol, i came in here with this copied "2.9. We do not support piracy in any way, shape, or form. Discussing or promoting piracy, war3z, etc… may result in an instant ban."

haha, till i read the thread...

v3rtigo
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
I thought so at first too, until I say that Innoc posted it.

And I also have an Asus board, the A8n32-sli deluxe to be precise.

Innoc
09-21-2008, 11:52 PM
I prefer ASUS in my builds as well but I thought this story was pretty funny. Even in a company as large as ASUS and with the "assumed" QC they have in place stuff like this still gets out.

Ihmhi
09-22-2008, 12:28 AM
I liked ASUS, too, until one of my USB's ports got messed up and killed both of my headsets.

Good thing they were cheap headsets.

Soo... Ihmhi's in the market for a new motherboard?