PDA

View Full Version : (League Prediction) UGC FF 5v Season 2 Week #1 - ff_siden

SiSCoS
09-02-2008, 01:05 AM
Alright, there is a hurricane outside so ima be brief.

The first week looks like a easy week for most of the clans.

[AE] (0-0) vs. ]NM[ (0-0)
After a lost to mimic last week in preseason, i see NM to come back with a win over AE.
]NM[ > [AE] 430-60

:e0: (0-0) vs. fx . (0-0)
Wow, e0 has another member on their team and a good one. KUBEDAWG! I see kubedawg as a starter for e0 in this week against fx. But i see this one going to fx.
fx. > :e0: 270-140

( Goodfellas . ) (0-0) vs. [SNAFU] (0-0)
Well this one is easy, Fellas went undefeated during preseason and i dont see the winning streak ending here.
( Goodfellas . ) > [SNAFU] 570-0 if snafu doesnt forfeit

[ gr. ] (0-0) vs. [mimic] (0-0)
Game of the week, and im suppose to put zuljin in my write up so there is his name! Anyway, the game is gonna go to the best lineup.
[mimic] > [ gr. ] 220-180

there you have it!

fataL`
09-02-2008, 01:42 AM
what no pics, wtf!

$h4m3
09-02-2008, 02:37 PM
Those are some HUGE numbers for siden broh. Huge numbers. Especially since everyone knows how to play it now. I also wonder if 2.1 will come out before tonight or early tomorrow if that will change things. I'd like to play 2fort as the first week's match with 2.1 as a honorary thing, you know? Or have a goodfellas exhibition match on it or something like that.

I'll take a crack at it:

[AE] 0-0 vs. ]NM[ 0-0
AE's got a whole new roster and without Satan the offense is kind've makeshift. It's been said they acquired 2 new key players to their roster though, we'll have to see how it works out for them. All in all I think this will be a meshing week for AE as they need to get into a groove together. Talented players don't nessecarily make the best team, teamwork does.

[AE] 140 vs. ]NM[ 180

:eO: 0-0 vs. fx. 0-0
Both teams have been around and have proven to be tough teams to play against. I also agree that Kube is a good roster addition for eO's offense. Me thinks eO squeaks bye.

:eO: 210 vs fx. 190

gf 0-0 vs. [SNAFU] 0-0
I really wish SNAFU had more dedicated members. It would be good for them and the league if some of the overflow went in their direction. Good guys in all but good guys have lives too.

gf 300 vs [SNAFU] 80

[gr.] 0-0 vs. [mimic] 0-0
I think this will also be close but not as good as the eO fx. matchup. I'll throw a bone to gr.

gr. 220 vs. mimic 200

illogicality-
09-02-2008, 07:17 PM
illo’s preds:

AE vs NM

NM has proven to be a strong team, stomping us (gr) on shutdown2 but then losing to mimic on startec. AE has some new members which is fine and dandy, but I agree with shame that it’s who works best as a team. Siden is closer to Shutdown2, as far as choke points go, than it is to Startec. If DH plays, I look for NM to lock those points down. I look for NM to really play a solid match and come away with a decent win.

NM > AE 280-60

e0 vs fx

e0 hasn’t played a full match this entire preseason and has lost a good number of its ‘starting players’ to 7o. Even with the addition of Kube I don’t see this being a favorable match for e0. Fx, on the other hand, has been strong all preseason long. I look for this to be lower scoring but still not close.

fx > e0 180-50

gf vs snafu

I don’t really have much to say about this match. I doubt SNAFU will field enough guys. If the do manage to it won’t matter as the goodfellas will simply roll them. I look for a shutout here.

Gf>snafu 340-0

gr vs mimic

I knew mimic was going to be a serious contender when the preseason began. They have picked up some big names like TML and Zulsomething (never heard of him :P ) which seems to be working well for them. Gr, on the other hand is suffering attendance issues – two of the main ‘starters’ are currently having PC issues (possibly not allowing either to play), forcing gr to use members who haven’t played in a while or aren’t as active. If gr was able to put together a good match roster (with all people who play regularly – ie. Tr, illo, k1, cloud, rug, imp, elwood, etc) I would say the match wouldn’t be very close. Should gr not be able to field that type of roster, they will be forced to shuffle players, possibly placing them not in their best positions. If that happens, look for it to be much closer or resulting in a gr loss. I’m going to pred mimic to win :(

Mimic > gr 120-100

tim_
09-02-2008, 07:31 PM
ok i think all the preding is over i will now break the news that i might not be on for the match, fucking embarq taking its sweet time to switch my intrenet to the new adress

the mimic avi for startec will be out as soon as i can upload it

SiSCoS
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
what no pics, wtf!
hurricane outside, 56k dialup, i wasnt going to waste time. Looks like i will be back for the match tomorrow. No damage at the store all is good. As for our house down south im sure we didnt have any damage cause it really wasnt hit.

Ricey
09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
hurricane outside, 56k dialup, i wasnt going to waste time. Looks like i will be back for the match tomorrow. No damage at the store all is good. As for our house down south im sure we didnt have any damage cause it really wasnt hit.

I hope bitch Hana ass fucks you. :P

Best line up eh. Illo, i'm back!

illogicality-
09-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I hope bitch Hana ass fucks you. :P

Best line up eh. Illo, i'm back!

Where the FUCK are you? not on steam and not on IRC.. get your jew ass on! JFC! lol

MonoXideAtWork
09-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Eff embarq.

killu
09-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Good map. I hope SNAFU has 5. I want to play medic badly on this map. :shock:

KILLTRONASAUROUS REXYPOO
09-04-2008, 01:50 AM
i was so looking forward to playing tonight BUT WOW NO I DONT! GAH..... I HATE YOU ALL

anyways..... whatEVER..... i was about to strangle my brother rodox bcuz i wanted to play and he didnt make it happen.... GAH Flkshdfklashdlfkashlfgasldfhaslfhlasfeiu lsdfsjfhdlakjfhdasdlhlkhasfdhlsdfhklajsfhdasfklsan dclasncasjdfhlkadlhsdl fjdfjkl hasd f

instead of cussing i will type random letters... you all should be thankful!

well gl to all and hf :]

im not good at predicting wins and losses soooooooooooo ya i pass on that! :p

[AE] 82694
09-04-2008, 02:19 AM
It wasn't Rodox's fault. When you have two no shows out of a six man roster it takes the wind right out of your sail. Your bro did try but the few of us that did show didn't want to use a ringer even though it was cool with you guys.

So you should show support for your bro or shut the fuck up.:twisted:
I don't use letters.:twisted:

teh_rape
09-04-2008, 03:03 AM
That was one great game between .gr and mimic. I think us using random tags threw off their game plan.

110-110 rd1 120-90 rd2. Great fucking game.

tim_
09-04-2008, 03:35 AM
tell me more of this mythical match who played and what they played LET ME know im dying over here....

teh_rape
09-04-2008, 03:50 AM
tell me more of this mythical match who played and what they played LET ME know im dying over here....

gr- illo(solly), kiljen(solly), cloud(scout), ricey(engy), me(scoutmedicspydemo)

mimic - ld (demo), holdntoss (engy), virus (solly), zuljin and mono on o

yeah.. It was close the entire time. We cap, you cap... until the very end cloud and I pulled the last few out.

KILLTRONASAUROUS REXYPOO
09-04-2008, 06:05 AM
didnt have to take me that seriously lol geez

anyways gg to whoever

Zuljin
09-04-2008, 06:30 AM
gr- illo(solly), kiljen(solly), cloud(scout), ricey(engy), me(scoutmedicspydemo)

mimic - ld (demo), holdntoss (engy), virus (solly), zuljin and mono on o

yeah.. It was close the entire time. We cap, you cap... until the very end cloud and I pulled the last few out.

Was the closest game I've ever played up until the last 3-4 minutes (I don't think there was ever more than a 2 cap difference). Looking forward to playing you guys again.

MonoXideAtWork
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
gg gr.

<3

illogicality-
09-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Here's my match writeup from the match. I hope Infy can add it to the UGC site.

[ gr. ] vs [ mimic . ]

Looking back, I knew it was going to be a good match when…
-Cloud, k1, tr and ricey all showed up for practice (almost on time – nice one, ricey)
-Ricey stopped missing dets (hahahaha, had to say this)
-tr sabotaged ricey’s SG on relay
-gr decided to each have a different tag so ‘mimic’ couldn’t ‘mimic’ us – we’re that diabolical

Ok – so Round one starts; gr’s server. [ gr. ] is running k1, ricey and illo D, cloud and tr on o. Mimic is running LD, virus and holdntoss D, zuljin and mono O.
Things start off quick – both teams grab flags. Zuljin keeps managing to grab coast to coasts because illo fell too far back into the T to help out in fr. tr and cloud both grab flags at the same rate. Throughout the match I see hints (and by ‘hints’ I mean blatant displays of) of yard defense by mimic (which was taken care of, between rounds – thanks Mono). Zuljin runs scout the whole match while Mono switches to med shortly after scout rush. [ gr. ] is up by one with 30 seconds to go when illo screws up, again, and falls too far back into the T. Zuljin snags a flag and bounds out T with it. illo chases him into yard with 10 seconds left but his rocket launcher doesn’t reload quick enough to shoot zuljin as he makes his way up the elevator. illo manages to squeeze off one rocket but it he’s too late; it hits the ceiling directly behind Zuljin - Zuljin survives and caps; round 1 ends even at 110 each.

We head over to mimic’s server for round two. Both teams run the exact same strats. We discuss defensive strats in hopes to find a way to lock D down a bit better. Scout rush: illo screws up again and lets the two scouts pass. Ricey manages to prime an emp at the perfect time (just like I told him, lol) and caught one of the scouts – k1 kills the other. [ gr. ] fends off the rush. [ gr. ]’s offense continuously does its job – tr and cloud snag flags at a good rate. [ gr. ] is up 6-4 when mimic suddenly catches up. illo falls too far back in the T (again, yes.. there is a pattern here) and Zuljin manages to snag ANOTHER damn flag. Before [ gr. ] knows what hit them, mimic is leading 8-6. [ gr. ] gets their D set – their O organizes. The last seven minutes belong to gr – only allowing one flag to leave the base. [ gr. ] had two (or three) returns – k1 and illo locked down their choke points and ricey kept his dets solid. Mono switches from med to scout to get the much-needed speed. illo becomes an animal at the T and begins locking it down, killing both scouts at the same time on numerous occasions. K1 falls back to help watch flag while it is in the T – begins destroying anyone coming through T. With 1 minute to go, gr’s flag returns and gr’s O gets a quick relay off a cap. Round 2 ends with gr over mimic 120-90.

Overall this was an extremely fun match for both teams, I think. Round 2 was quite a but more fun for our O since the yard defense issue was sorted out and our D played better as a team. Both servers (to my knowledge) were good – no significant lag or fps issues – no players had any goofy steam connection issues. It was a very good, fun and even match. GG mimic – I can’t wait to watch the demos!!

[ gr . ] > mimic 230 - 200

Rutabeggar
09-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Fuck school, sorry I had to miss it. Friendly rivalry of the future in the works here folks...gg everyone.

$h4m3
09-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Did i call the gr match or what?

[AE] 82694
09-04-2008, 02:41 PM
didnt have to take me that seriously lol geez

anyways gg to whoever I wasn't serious. :twisted:

MonoXideAtWork
09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
KEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLTWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOONN NNNNNNNN!

Zuljin
09-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Great writeup ill, but...
Round 2 ends with gr over mimic 130-90.
120-90

Also, we need logalyzer for FF so I can see how many times I died from a dispenser.

illogicality-
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
Great writeup ill, but...

120-90

Also, we need logalyzer for FF so I can see how many times I died from a dispenser.

Whoops - my fault.. typo - i meant 120

Ricey
09-04-2008, 08:57 PM
my dets are too sexy.

tim_
09-04-2008, 09:40 PM
logalyzer would be sweet

illogicality-
09-05-2008, 12:53 PM
my dets are too sexy.

minus all the ones you missed. Haha - good game. It was fun :)

!nF3D4L
09-05-2008, 07:00 PM
logalyzer would be sweet

im a human logalyzer i just look at the logs and compile the data in my head

Ricey
09-05-2008, 07:34 PM
im a human logalyzer i just look at the logs and compile the data in my head

How many Det Disp kills did I have :P

teh_rape
09-05-2008, 09:58 PM
4 total for both rounds and the practice before.

!nF3D4L
09-05-2008, 10:43 PM

pm logs bitch

illogicality-
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
4 total for both rounds and the practice before.

ROFL!!!!!

I had more disp kills in the match than ricey did - and I played soli @ T!!

<3 riceh

Ricey
09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
What you talking about Willis!

Who let 7 caps go through? Yea, stfu and die in a ditch :D

illogicality-
09-07-2008, 05:38 AM
What you talking about Willis!

Who let 7 caps go through? Yea, stfu and die in a ditch :D

I'm sure not as many as you from missing dets :(