PDA

View Full Version : Resident Evil 5 Screens!

Suite307
06-06-2008, 06:05 AM
http://megagames.com/news/show.cgi?&idtype=console&database=1822&page=7&section=screens&

Oh my gawd, Chris Redfield!

Circuitous
06-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Oh my Gawd, it's the same game!

The same shitty game!

Anthraxium[WU]
06-06-2008, 07:03 AM
why does everyone here hate on everything.

fuck you all.

RE5 looks awesome, I'll be buying it guaranteed.

Skanky Butterpuss
06-06-2008, 07:50 AM
circ hates anything and everything. ive found that its best just to completely discount his opinion on most things, especially video games.

Ihmhi
06-06-2008, 07:54 AM
I agree with him. RE4 is like Gears of War, except not fun.

GeoKill----->
06-06-2008, 08:14 AM
WTF? RE4 like gears of wars... hell no... how?

I will buy a PS3 or Xbobx 360 just for this game, RE4 owned

Constipated_Zombie
06-06-2008, 08:19 AM
']why does everyone here hate on everything.

fuck you all.

Since when did... Circuitous = everyone?

Paft
06-06-2008, 08:55 AM
Last time I played res was back in the day, 1 2 & 3 on PS.

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
06-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Looks spiffy, it's is a maybe-buy for me.

Constipated_Zombie
06-06-2008, 09:16 PM
If this game is ever available on PC, I may just torrent it.

Anthraxium[WU]
06-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Since when did... Circuitous = everyone?

circ isn't EVERYONE, but he is one of those who are always hating on pretty much everything ...

zSilver_Fox
06-07-2008, 06:45 AM
Wait wait wait. Another over the shoulders shooter in some abandoned town in a foreign (not American) country with a genetic research story line?

This shit makes the Neoclassicists look like fucking avant-garde writers.

greenday5494
06-07-2008, 07:41 AM
lol, look at both of the "i hate everything except some obsure weird game that noone's heard of" people. silver fox and circ. :D

Player
06-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Lol, it is the racist (http://youtube.com/watch?v=NaQmoC-vMm8) Resident Evil!

Ihmhi
06-07-2008, 11:33 AM
lol, look at both of the "i hate everything except some obsure weird game that noone's heard of" people. silver fox and circ. :D

...says the person who plays obscure, weird games that no one's heard of, i.e. Beyond Good & Evil and Fortress Forever. d:

Resident Evil was originally survival horror. They got the survival part down alright and then left out the horror portion, because the game scared me like... once? In eigth grade.

Then go go gadget RE4, and it comes out as anything but survival horror. Hoards of enemies do not fit the game bill well. Where's the subtlety? And all it manages to do, control-wise, is run like a slower-paced, less fun Gears of War.

If you could merge RE4's controls with, hell, any storyline from Silent Hill 1-3, you'd have a great game.

Oh wait, they have something like that. It's called the new Alone in the Dark game coming out.

zSilver_Fox
06-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I play WoW, Deus Ex, and Counter-Strike Source. I just have a standard for games. However, you're right. I do hate everything. Especially rehashed bullshit like Halo 2 and 3, sports games, Battlefield 2142, Grand Theft Auto, and HL2 E2.

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
06-08-2008, 01:16 AM
I play WoW, Deus Ex, and Counter-Strike Source. I just have a standard for games. However, you're right. I do hate everything. Especially rehashed bullshit like Halo 2 and 3, sports games, Battlefield 2142, Grand Theft Auto, and HL2 E2.

You play CS: source and have a standard? WRAUNG!

GeoKill----->
06-08-2008, 06:05 AM
and he plays wow

Anthraxium[WU]
06-08-2008, 06:24 AM
and he plays wow

lame as fuck

Etzell
06-08-2008, 07:45 AM
AND he didn't like HL2 ep 2. I can understand calling E1 a rehash, but E2 was incredible. I think you lose the right to talk about video games, SF.

fireb0rn
06-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Resident Evil was originally survival horror. They got the survival part down alright and then left out the horror portion, because the game scared me like... once? In eigth grade.

Then go go gadget RE4, and it comes out as anything but survival horror. Hoards of enemies do not fit the game bill well. Where's the subtlety? And all it manages to do, control-wise, is run like a slower-paced, less fun Gears of War.

yep. I thought RE4 was kinda fun (not fun enough to finish it), but it wasn't even remotely similar to any of the older ones. I preferred the older style.

Damascus
06-09-2008, 12:48 AM
Seems to be the same exact thing, just with more bloom/realism (your pick).

Nezumi
06-09-2008, 06:18 AM
Ok, what the fuck. Since when did people consider GoW a good game and RE4 a bad game? (People who can find their ass with both hands, I mean)

Disgusting. :confused:

Circuitous
06-09-2008, 09:16 PM
Gears of War was shit, too, but that's beside the point.

This doesn't look like a substantial gameplay improvement from Resident Evil 4, and I disliked pretty much everything about that game.

I can't actually go back to RE4 in my mind and pick out one thing I liked about it, at all. Nothing springs to mind. It wasn't directly challenging, the writing wasn't noteworthy at all, the graphics were par for the course for that generation, the characters weren't interesting, the controls were shit, the over-the-shoulder view was shit, the money/store mechanic was stupid, the environments were actually pretty cool so I guess there's a plus, the monster art/modelling was pretty cool... so yeah, two pseudo-positives against a sea of negatives or neutrals, and the new game doesn't look any different.

If you liked Re4 you'll probably love this, though. There's no counting for taste sometimes - there's got to be something about the latest installments worth noting because the game gets fellated near-constantly, it's on a wide variety of top 10 lists, and you all seem to enjoy it. I don't know why, but them's facts.

circ hates anything and everything. ive found that its best just to completely discount his opinion on most things, especially video games.

Truly your gravest mistake. I could save you a lot of money.

Skanky Butterpuss
06-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Truly your gravest mistake. I could save you a lot of money.

if we had similar tastes, then you would be absolutely correct. but we dont, and often games that i love, you discount as trash. if anything, i should just buy the games that you say suck ass ;)

but then id be stuck with games like doom 3 and mariokart wii, and even i dont like those craps.

Anthraxium[WU]
06-10-2008, 06:18 AM
if you bought everything he said sucked, you'd be fucking broke

GeoKill----->
06-10-2008, 06:36 AM
MarioKart wii is a fun game

zSilver_Fox
06-10-2008, 06:41 AM
AND he didn't like HL2 ep 2. I can understand calling E1 a rehash, but E2 was incredible. I think you lose the right to talk about video games, SF.
As Yahtzee said, the same puzzles get old.

And regarding CS and WoW, you can get as involved as you want. WoW has among the richest storyline and RP potential in any game, and GG on CS:S with my cousin is an awesome way to spend time on the weekend between fourwheeler riding. Mainstream doesn't always mean a game is shit. Source mods do a great job of proving that non-mainstream games can be even shittier. FF's complete overlooking of trickjumping in the initial release is an example too.

Nezumi
06-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Personlly, in RE4 I loved Leon as a character (although maybe not in the way the writers intended). He's like some lovable doofus who just barely manages to do the right thing the whole time, but at the same time kicks a lot of ass (because of the awesome play controlls). And he gets one awesome line trhoughout the whole game. He gets one good line and it's a really good one and it's all he gets. You know, the one about salazar's hand. I was all like 'Yay Leon! You didn't score a no-hitter!'

The graphics in RE4 were WAY ahead of the game that generation, and that's not so much a matter of opinion. The controlls were very much improved over a standard FPS setup, and in Resident Wiivil they were actually good. There was tons of variety, and a nearly unlimited ammount of things that were sort of funny on accident (like the guy turning off the camera even though he couldn't possibly have known you were watching). I'm as much of a game snob as you, Circ, but I thought the game was fantastic.

Edit: For the record, it's the only RE game I've played.

BinaryLife
06-12-2008, 01:28 AM
']why does everyone here hate on everything.

fuck you all.

Anthraxium[WU]
06-12-2008, 05:23 AM
well said Binary

zSilver_Fox
06-14-2008, 12:03 AM
Doom 3 looked awesome with graphics. We should buy that.

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
06-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Doom 3 looked awesome with graphics. We should buy that.

Yeah, Doom3 looked/looks awesome, I love their "hell" levels, those rock! (no pun intended :-P )