04-17-2008, 07:16 AM
It's meh.

Can be fun in LAN games.

SoBe Green
04-17-2008, 12:34 PM
I love it. Some people just can't handle not respawning 24/7. :lol:

GambiT
04-17-2008, 02:00 PM
its the only game my brother-in-law plays, so i decided to play with him a few times, its actually pretty fun if you get in a server with good ppl.

SmellyCat
04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Awesome when I played clan style competitively - TFC has still yet to equal it for me.

Imo, public CS is 90% absolutely awful, but, can be fun playing with guys you know.

uBeR
04-17-2008, 04:43 PM
Whoever played CS when it first came out will tell you who awesome the game was. I had some of the most enjoyable times pre-1.6, but even today it still remains fun if you can find the right server. I also had a blast with the WC3 mod servers.

CS is still a classic.

Ginger Lord
04-17-2008, 05:21 PM
CS was at its best before v1.0.

It went downhill after the vehicles went away and cs_siege was taken out.

fireb0rn
04-17-2008, 07:48 PM
It's pretty fun if you can get on a good server. They were pretty rare though.

Firefox11
04-17-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't like it, because I'm shit at precision games. Only had fun when playing with friends via LAN, and then we just played fy_poolday and I always used the shotgun...

Lately I've been playing CoD4, and it seems I still suffer the same precision deficiency as I do in CS. I usually end up doing better ninja-ing with the Shotguns, all front assaults, than not using a SMG/LMG/Assault rifle at any distance, even if I get to shot first. The only exception are the Sniper Rifles, which I do better.

Wonder why the weapons I do better are the ones that also are available in TFC >_> Counting grenades and RPG's ;D

So fail? I don't think so, plenty of people play it. It's just it's not suited for me =|

mervaka
04-17-2008, 11:23 PM
didnt Justin DeJong commit suicide? (N0TH1NG, author of cs_docks and cs_siege)

cs betas 5 and 6 were the best ever. i have an archive of the old beta installers. i install HLv1100 sometimes and play it.

Dragonjojo
04-18-2008, 12:15 AM
Siege was fun I totally forgot about the map until you mentioned it. Brings back a lot of memories.

I didn't care much for 1.6 when they released it. What I played before that was fun though 1.3-1.5 I think

Circuitous
04-18-2008, 12:30 AM
I used to play it with 42h back when we had an appropriate server. I could only enjoy it if I had my friends there to yell at and joke with, otherwise it was just me shooting whiny little brats.

I preferred to go against standard logic and spray all the time. Accurate shots are for pussies that don't buy ammo.

I do remember getting three headshot kills in a row on one mp5 clip whilst running down a hallway. That was pretty cool - filmed it even, dunno where that's gone off to now though. That had to've been like four years ago.

I've considered taking it up again, if I had some people I knew to play with.

Ihmhi
04-18-2008, 03:38 AM
First time I played CS 1.6 was on my school's AutoCAD lab, which was on its own network. It wasn't those bullshit computers where you can't install games - it was a closed network with fully functional computers.

Someone had a hacked pre-Steam HL, TFC, and CS disk - all in one install. This was back when you would select "Custom Game" and change the screen to TFC or CS.

I literally ran around for 15 minutes killing the "awesome players" with a pistol. I didn't even know how to buy weapons. (Press B in the Buy Zone, where you spawn).

My favorite was on one of the VIP maps where I owned a terrorist (friend of mine, still to this day) as the VIP with the pistol. It was hilarious.

CS got boring pretty quick, though. TFC never got boring for me. Feels a bit slow now thanks to FF though, lol.

As for CS:S, it's okay, but I really love Gun Game - partially for the interesting gameplay, and partially for the SMB sounds.

*ding* (0)

Innoc
04-18-2008, 04:06 AM
I loved the early Betas....when the P90 absolutely owned due to the rate of fire and no variance as to where the bullets went. I also loved using RW to help friends that were still alive to shoot through doors in cs_facility with the AWP (IIRC). I also miss playing jeepathon2K...jumping one jeep over another and killing everyone in both!

Damascus
04-19-2008, 12:14 AM
First time I played, I didn't know there was no respawn (too used to TFC).

I just charged in there and shot anything that moved.

Suite307
04-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Just because i go 20-0 i get called an hax0r :(

SoBe Green
04-22-2008, 10:18 PM
I love Counter-Strike and have played it for years. Rarely play it as of lately and if I do its just to shoot people. I care less about map objectives now.

Hica
04-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I started playing the day 1.3 came out and I loved the game. It even got me to stop playing TFC for awhile, but that ended up being short lived. These days I don't play 1.6 or Source, but if I were to play I'd definitely choose Source. 1.6 just annoys me.

SmellyCat
04-23-2008, 04:24 PM
1.6 is the best, most stable version of CS I've played. Shields are inefficient (so their lameness is not a factor) and galil/famas are good additions from the earlier versions. I've only played since 1.3, however - but I have had CS 1.0 installed at various points to see how it 'felt'.

It's so totally better now.

Only thing it misses is the retro factor tbh.

Gwarsbane
04-23-2008, 05:29 PM
I played it before. I hate having to wait to respawn, i just want to get out there and kill. I also hate having to buy the weapons.

When I played, if I wanted up close and personal, I used the P90. But even with the crappy aiming system, I liked using the sniper rifles, and was pretty good with them.

But I only played with a select few people and that was only when there was no one playing Ricochet. And I haven't played either in a long long time.

SkinkHero
04-23-2008, 06:04 PM
I see it as very twitchy and random sometimes - often it's whoever shoots well first, wins.

But the teamwork factor, if played well, can make it very rewarding.

I played it first on version...I don't know, it was around 2002. There's still some old version you can download to Steam.

FooL
04-23-2008, 06:28 PM
i think Counter Strike 1.6 is the best fps ever made personally.
I played it for 8 years and its still probably my favorite game although the hackers keep me from going back.
Even though Counter Strike Source has been released a while back 1.6 is still more popular.
Its a perfectly balanced game for league play and takes tremendous amounts of skill to be able to play with the best players.
Lots of people who play fast paced games deny this they say its too slow so it must be noob but skill wise its just completely different.
you need amazing reflex aim recoil control movement skill being able to pinpoint where sounds come from and you have to be able to think on your feet.
Another thing i love about this game is the teamplay factor making strats for each map looking for "spam spots" and good places to boost up to
and there are a variety of fun custom maps
its overall an awesome game

Damascus
04-23-2008, 07:49 PM
Just for the surfing XD