PDA

View Full Version : (League Prediction) Predictions: STA Week 1 - ff_aardvark

Ender
04-14-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, I noticed that STA is holding its first match this week (Thursday, April 17th at 9:30 EST) and that no one has done predictions for them yet, so I thought I would. For those wondering, I'm Ender (previously Cloud, or SeaOne in TFC), and I play for . o`rbital (#ff.orbital). I have been playing FF for a while, and have been clanning in it since just before this season of UGC began. I have also been on the forums a lot, I just haven't posted much (if at all). Anyway, there's my introduction.

STA WEEK #1: ff_aardvark

( GoodFellas . ) vs /KBN/
KBN is a really solid team (and I expect them to put up a decent fight), but I just don't see them being able to beat GoodFellas. Everyone loves an underdog, but I don't see it happening.

( GoodFellas . ) > /KBN/

fx. vs :e0:
The last I had heard, fx. took a time off to get some roster issues figured out. I am assuming those have all been worked out and they are ready to play. Also, from what I've heard, :e0: can field 2 different teams. Depending on who comes to play, it could be very interesting. That said, I've played with some players from fx. and I've played with only a few from :e0:. I expect fx. to win

fx. > :e0:

[sYn] vs |D|
|D| is a new comer to competitive FF (as far as this season is concerned anyway), as they have not participated in UGC 5v5. They are not new to FF, and certainly not competitive TFC. I know, I know, TFC and FF play differently, but it's not going to matter much. I expect |D| to come out strong and make a name for themselves.

|D| > [sYn]

gl hf.

Dr.Satan
04-14-2008, 09:46 PM
did you ever play as muerta? Used to know a guy who aliased under cloud and muerta...

!nF3D4L
04-14-2008, 11:09 PM
nice preds

ps. i think ill stay with ugc preds as i am trying to keep doing tfc preds but failing

Ender
04-15-2008, 01:57 AM
Dr. Satan: No, I was never muerta, basically just those names I mentioned.
Infy: ty :D

Vicious
04-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Ender? As in Ender Wiggin?

Fuckin awesome.

Dr.Satan
04-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Dr. Satan: No, I was never muerta, basically just those names I mentioned.
Infy: ty :D

Ah dam...well nice to meet you anyway!

FooL
04-15-2008, 08:18 PM
shouldnt you be out killing buggers :shock:

Dr.Satan
04-15-2008, 09:09 PM
shouldnt you be out killing buggers :shock:

omg...that is my all time favorite set of books...please tell me your name is from there!

Ender
04-16-2008, 12:21 AM
It is indeed from Ender's Game. I kill buggers every day. Nice to meet you too btw, lol.

Dr.Satan
04-16-2008, 02:14 AM
It is indeed from Ender's Game. I kill buggers every day. Nice to meet you too btw, lol.

I love you...:oops:

Vicious
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
I love you...:oops:

Like the Valentine semi-incest love? Or the Piggie planet woman whose name I can't remember right now kinda love?

Dr.Satan
04-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Like the Valentine semi-incest love? Or the Piggie planet woman whose name I can't remember right now kinda love?

Well since I have no clue what the 2nd one is...I'll go with #1

illogicality-
04-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Great Preds C1!

Keep it up!

Good luck |D| - I can't wait to see what ya'll can do!

Ender
04-16-2008, 05:49 PM

That was actually my first question too lol.

<3 illo.

On an unrelated note: is there anything in FF that is similar to the blargalyzer (or w/e that thing was) in TFC that takes the logs and processes them into an HTML file that allows players to see how many kills they had, with what weapon, on whom, etc?

Vicious
04-16-2008, 06:19 PM
No clue, but my STA prediction is that the league doesn't last long. I predict a few clans will do what they signed up to do, play 1 match, and leave.

Gator-
04-16-2008, 08:51 PM
play 1 match, and leave.

probably...

Skanky Butterpuss
04-16-2008, 09:04 PM
why? 7v7 is far more fun than 5v5...

RocKwell
04-16-2008, 09:08 PM
No clue, but my STA prediction is that the league doesn't last long. I predict a few clans will do what they signed up to do, play 1 match, and leave.

Yea, it's unfortunate. Does AE have enough active players for 7v?

[AE] 82694
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
We are considering signing up. But right now no we don't have enough players with the extra time for two leagues. But you might see us if we pick up a few more players.:lol:

Dr.Satan
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
On an unrelated note: is there anything in FF that is similar to the blargalyzer (or w/e that thing was) in TFC that takes the logs and processes them into an HTML file that allows players to see how many kills they had, with what weapon, on whom, etc?

Not yet...

Ender
04-16-2008, 10:52 PM
Yeah, that would really be a shame. I like playing 5v a lot, but I don't think it's really the ideal number for a FF match. 7v seems like a better fit for the gameplay, the only problem is that it requires more people D:

Dr.Satan
04-17-2008, 01:27 AM
I like playing 5v a lot, but I don't think it's really the ideal number for a FF match. 7v seems like a better fit for the gameplay, the only problem is that it requires more people D:

man you just summed up the exact problem we faced at UGC trying to get a league going...I hope to see the STA 7v grow cause that would mean UGC will branch out quicker.

Vicious
04-17-2008, 02:55 AM
why? 7v7 is far more fun than 5v5...

And for everyone following asking the same question:

It is HIGHLY unorganized. The matches were placed back to back with UGC matches (despite the fact that almost every leader I know requested it not to be that way). There aren't enough members in most clans to play 7v consistently. I feel that they have their own agenda and want to stick with it. My clan and I are not ok with that.

Vicious
04-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Just for everyone's clarification:

Matches are scheduled for tonight at 9:30 PM EST.

Skanky Butterpuss
04-19-2008, 06:49 PM
and ender is 0 for 3 on his preds this week. gg

Ender
04-21-2008, 01:28 AM
Lol! Well, I don't know if this was exactly a fair week for predictions. Ok, so KBN beat Goodfellas, not the biggest upset in history, but I am a little surprised (wish I could have seen it, sounded like a good game). I hadn't heard anything about or from fx in a while, so I figured they would get their stuff figured out; instead, they disband lol, can't hold that against me. Then there's the whole |D| vs. sYn debacle which I refuse to count against myself, that's a mulligan at worst. So yes, 0 - 3 technically I guess, but 2 of those were pretty goofy lol.

Skanky Butterpuss
04-21-2008, 07:13 AM
Ok, so KBN beat Goodfellas, not the biggest upset in history, but I am a little surprised (wish I could have seen it, sounded like a good game).

it was a really good game, and i wish we had sourceTV demos of it, but the sourceTV didnt record :(

shame, because i really wanted to put my awesome sabotages in an avi:twisted:

tml
04-21-2008, 04:46 PM
SKANKY MVP

illogicality-
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
KBN should make a post that says something like "KBN: STA PRESEASON CHAMPS" or "KBN: STA Week One Champs!!"

Oh wait.. that would be gay - never mind - lol

gg kbn :-) - Cake, you're a whore :-P