PDA

View Full Version : temporary, common, freezes - please help

duk
10-07-2007, 01:05 AM
Hi,
I have been playing ff since it came out have had the following problem ever since:
On some servers, about once a minute or so my computer seems to not freeze, but to lag behind for a second. The best way i can explain it is if i am running forward, for example, and i have this problem, then all of a sudden my player jumps back a step, then forward, then back, then forward, then back, then forward, very quickly for about 2 seconds. During this if i am still holding forward my player will have moved forward minorly from where he began when the problem initiated. Aswell when i am bunnyhopping, then my bunnyhop becomes screwed, i seem to jump after i have jumped, and it seems to move my player off of his path a little bit. Overall, it seems, to me atleast, that my computer is moving faster than the server, and that this problem is my comps way of reconciling that. I know that probably doesn't make any sense, and cant practically be the case, but that is just what it seems like to me.

What i believe is important to be noted is that this only happens on SOME servers. I have been compiling a list of servers where i don't experience this problem, they are as follows:
[OSF]
=SF=
Taco2
2fortonly pfgaming.com
[GoW]
[uFg]
Insomniacs

I'm sure that there are more servers i wouldn't experience this in, but i just play servers with less than a 100 ping, so i haven't looked outside that range. However most other servers i have played, i have defintiley and obviously experienced this problem. Most notably is the [AE] Clan server. I have been speaking with one of their admins and he has told me some things to try like disabling friends list and lowering my gfx settings, but nothing has helped at all. I have a ping of less than 50 on this server consistenly, but still, i have this issue on it.

I am running:
XFX nForce 650i motherboard
XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256 PCI-E video card
Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4GHz processor
2 Gigs of Ram
2x 160G Wester Digital hard drives
Windows vista
Also my FPS is consistently high, over 100.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Ihmhi
10-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Maybe the server's resources are being overextended, or maybe they are not running the game on the recommended tickrate of 33?

How could one check a server's tickrate from the client console? Perhaps he should check that out on the servers that bugger him up.

duk
10-07-2007, 04:37 PM
the [AE] Clan server where i notice this problem most is running at 33 tick rate.
I will try and get a demo to help people understand this.

Zatoichi
10-07-2007, 10:31 PM
"The best way i can explain it is if i am running forward, for example, and i have this problem, then all of a sudden my player jumps back a step, then forward, then back, then forward, then back, then forward, very quickly for about 2 seconds. During this if i am still holding forward my player will have moved forward minorly from where he began when the problem initiated. Aswell when i am bunnyhopping, then my bunnyhop becomes screwed, i seem to jump after i have jumped, and it seems to move my player off of his path a little bit"

i get that when i hit a major lag spike in my connection..it wont show when i hit tab or on the netgraph, but ive had shitty net for a long time and know it only happens when the chance is high for me to have lag problems..