PDA

View Full Version : Question for server owners.

SoBe Green
10-02-2007, 09:36 PM
How well does the current build of the FF server run? I'm from CSGamer and was wondering how well it runs along side of other servers. Currently on one box we are running 4 CS servers and are experimenting with a TF2 server. I think the general idea was that we didn't want to go FF until a few more bugs were worked out of it but in the meantime how is it running and what are you running it on?

Bakedbean
10-03-2007, 04:23 AM
How well does the current build of the FF server run? I'm from CSGamer and was wondering how well it runs along side of other servers. Currently on one box we are running 4 CS servers and are experimenting with a TF2 server. I think the general idea was that we didn't want to go FF until a few more bugs were worked out of it but in the meantime how is it running and what are you running it on?

Been running a server since FF was released, with no problems. Very stable.
Last time I restarted the server was 1 week ago.
Not shared with other games at this time.
I'm sure that you have hardware that can handle FF without a problem.

AMD Dual Opteron 2212 Dual-Core
2GB ECCReg DDR2
250GB SATA-2 HDD
Windows Server 2003
1U Rackmount Server
100 Mbit/sec

SME
10-04-2007, 12:37 AM

I've ran FF servers on both AMD and Intel, and a variety of OSs, with no problems. My only 2 complaints are a lack of a way to turn off bhop and a lack of old maps. At least one map should be in the (often talked about but not yet seen) new patch and some are being built outside of FF so the maps are coming.

I've already taken down my TF2 server. The TF2 servers do seem to have better netcode, with the new engine but I have other issues with TF2. YMMV

Hope that helps...

Fathom
10-05-2007, 05:25 PM
I rent from a host and mine seems to be running fine on dual xeon's and linux so far. I do have scheduled server restarts daily. While the server will run fine without them it does seem to perform better, in my opinion, as does my CS 1.6 server if it's restarted daily. On your own dedicated box with more resources allocated to your own server I don't think that would be needed as often.

But yep so far over a few weeks very stable.

Boogieman117
10-05-2007, 07:06 PM
I'm running 512MB worth of ram on a 1.6 GHz Celeron from home.

Server only chokes with 12+ people in it.

SoBe Green
10-06-2007, 04:53 AM
Alright nice. We had to take our TF2 server down. It kept failing to update so hopefully thats fixed later. We should try FF soon.

Boogieman117
10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Alright nice. We had to take our TF2 server down. It kept failing to update so hopefully thats fixed later. We should try FF soon.

Please do! The more servers, the more gooder!