PDA

View Full Version : Not Many Servers

Jetpac
10-01-2007, 02:38 PM
when i refresh my server list i am only getting a handfull (~10)
how can i fix this problem?

im in the UK on virgin media 20mb brodband

running vista with a decent specced machine.
connected to the net through a linksys router (Wired)

step by step on fixes would be good!

cheers

Jetpac
10-02-2007, 10:43 PM
please help this is really annoying now only seeing a handful of servers.
Steam is correctly portforwarded aswell.
any suggestions?

Imbrifer
10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Check your filters - have you placed a ping restriction on your filter? are you filtering for just certain maps?
Do you have a similar problem with other mods? I don't know what to tell you - I've never heard of this problem.
Check out those two things first, and let us know how it goes.

Jetpac
10-02-2007, 11:27 PM
at the moment i only see 12 populated servers (a fair few more with 0 pop.)
there are no filters at all.

CS: Source i am picking up hundreds of servers!

However with insurgency i only see 4/5 populated (again a load more with 0 pop)
no filters

WTF is going on?

Lost
10-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Its an issue with the Steam master servers I assume. If you get in FF, click Refresh All, let it stop, click it again, repeat until you have a full server list. I get about 300~ servers doing this, give or take depending on the time of day.

Jetpac
10-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Its an issue with the Steam master servers I assume. If you get in FF, click Refresh All, let it stop, click it again, repeat until you have a full server list. I get about 300~ servers doing this, give or take depending on the time of day.

nope no dice.
getting 164 servers of which only around 12 have more than 0 people in.
even after refreshing all several times.

any more ideas?

Fathom
10-03-2007, 06:29 PM
Have you tried deleting your clientregistry.blob file?

Also if that doesn't help then you may need to forward the ports on your router.

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm

Pick your router out and open the ports as it describes. You'll probably have to select CS:S. Also on the steam forums they recommend certain ports you should open to see servers on your master server list.

Lost
10-03-2007, 10:37 PM
Well that sucks. Hope opening the ports will help.

C-Aim
10-04-2007, 12:32 AM
I don't think its a problem on your end, I think that's just how many people are playing (unfortunately) as I get the same thing with VAC=ON and UNLOCKED being my only restrictions.

Even checking steampowered right now only ~300 people are actually playing, which is about 15 full 22 person servers and that is what commonly shows up on my list as well (maybe not 12 full servers, but like 20-25ish servers with 12-22 people, not accounting for private servers either).

Jetpac
10-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Pick your router out and open the ports as it describes. You'll probably have to select CS:S. Also on the steam forums they recommend certain ports you should open to see servers on your master server list.[/QUOTE]

which ports?
i have already got the ports on portforward forwarded correctly

Jetpac
10-16-2007, 10:31 PM
this is really fucking frustrating, im only getting like 5 servers every time i refresh now. i really want to play but cant!

KubeDawg
10-16-2007, 11:20 PM
Correct, that's how many people are currently playing. This is not an error.

sokrateas
10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, unfortuantely we all have the same issue. Not many people are playing Fortress Forever, they are all playing that washed up POS TF2. On the weekend evenings (North American Time) It gets busy but that's about it.

mervaka
10-18-2007, 12:08 AM
i think people are gonna have to just hang about and try to populate the servers, or try pickups? :p

Hawk Eye
10-18-2007, 12:46 AM
I often just join servers without anyone in them. Always been a habit of mine. I'd rather populate a new server than join one with 11 other people.

Chaotic Llama
10-18-2007, 03:33 AM
Yes, unfortuantely we all have the same issue. Not many people are playing Fortress Forever.
Really, was wondering where all the traffic on my ff server went. Steams master server list has always had troubles, I found its best to filter by 'MOD'.

I'm only showing 153 Fortress Forever servers remaining with a total of 72 people playing, ouch!